Corpsey

bandz ahoy
OTOH it could just be that country has been out of fashion for X years and rap has been omnipresent so now people are bored of it and want something fresh, even if it's something old*

*i have no idea what the popular new country is like

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
I'm too zen to buy into the boomer narrative that it's all fucked so I will not read that link, but think you for sharing.

who is he? i love him!

You used to call me on my cellphone 🥺🥺😔😔💃🏻💃
If you follow the fashion and celebrity blogs, people have been calling out Ariana Grande for changing her accent and ethnicity based on trends.

View attachment 18398

How long before ariana grande runs out of ethnicities to explore and she just starts taking testosterone?

maxi

The middle age argument and simply being out of touch has some weight to it, but I also think you can sense when something's thriving and on the up without having to be completely immersed in it. I don't listen to country or follow it, but I'm aware there's a resurgence and it's coming into fashion because it's percolating through the culture and you inevitably bump into something when that happens.

Having to forensically scan YouTube for minor currents within hip-hop to prove it's still kicking seems to suggest the opposite. If it were healthy, you wouldn't have to dig like that.
also me and my friends were sick of trap snares in 2018 and we were about 26 not exactly middle-aged

DannyL

Wild Horses
all the grizzled greybeard rap you get on youtube gets me down. this is not at all a bad one tbf but its a good example of it. the videos are always on the street featuring nice jackets and beefy shoulders
Agreed 100%. I liked all that mad drill shit that Corpsey was posting, at least it's NEW sonically.

version

all the grizzled greybeard rap you get on youtube gets me down. this is not at all a bad one tbf but its a good example of it. the videos are always on the street featuring nice jackets and beefy shoulders

@josephmegeed1879
5 minutes ago
I don't know what in sam hell I just stumbled upon,but man,sometimes the algorithms actually don't upset with all the weirdo tight jean purse rockin shit,n actially blesses us with some Outer Space Black Flames,like this,sheeeesh.Salute.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I mean, it says a lot that track features a Mobb Deep sample. Shook Ones is 30 years old now! I kinda like it, the echoy piano but it's winning no prizes for originality.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I actually really like future's "we don't trust you"

Exactly the same as every future album ever, could easily be generated by AI

But the beats bang and future's good if you don't listen too closely to what he says most of the time 😂

DannyL

Wild Horses
I actually really like future's "we don't trust you"

Exactly the same as every future album ever, could easily be generated by AI

But the beats bang and future's good if you don't listen too closely to what he says most of the time 😂
Was thinking what a banger Karate Chop was the other day, not kept up with him though.

ghost

It's "telling" that the big rap beef in 2024 is between a bunch of guys in their late 30s and Rick Ross who is probably nearer to 50.
also telling that "rap beef" no longer means "two guys are threatening to kill eachother," it's more like a mid-off between one-time greats who have fallen the furthest over the last decade

also telling that kendrick won't even make fun of drake for being a groomer, presumably because he has his own skeletons in the closet