1994 was 30 years ago

chava

this band is hated by UK techno heads. apart from born slippy deep pan, which is martian/redplanet sounding.
yes I am aware of that but as the UK has produced the maximum of 10 globally relevant techno producers I think UK techno heads should've directed their hate elsewhere

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
yes I am aware of that but as the UK has produced the maximum of 10 globally relevant techno producers I think UK techno heads should've directed their hate elsewhere

in polemics democracy carries no weight for us! what matters is the techno science, not majoritarian approval! how much longer do I have to lecture you ingrates?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket

also we had jungle and UK garage, we didn't need to shit out loopy xerox jeff mills imitations by the dozen, as happened with Sweden in the late 90s and Germany in the 00s.

it's @craner who is on your side here, but he hates techno! what kind of euro liberationist is he!

chava

also we had jungle and UK garage, we didn't need to shit out loopy xerox jeff mills imitations by the dozen, as happened with Sweden in the late 90s and Germany in the 00s.

it's @craner who is on your side here, but he hates techno! what kind of euro liberationist is he!
oh sweden was bad then, terrible, agreed. but lets stop comparing. why underworld is so hated by the cognoscenti (and born slippy is accepted?! it's terrible!) is sometimes beyond me

william_kent

why underworld is so hated by the cognoscenti (and born slippy is accepted?! it's terrible!) is sometimes beyond me

because this is what they used to look like before they jumped on the rave bandwagon:

anBlZw.jpeg

Njg2MC5qcGVn.jpeg

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
oh sweden was bad then, terrible, agreed. but lets stop comparing. why underworld is so hated by the cognoscenti (and born slippy is accepted?! it's terrible!) is sometimes beyond me

I said the Darren Emerson deep pan though. It has almost no relation to the original. It's a bit like slam positive education (morganistic remix)

but you're right, the original of Born Slippy is terrible.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Breakthrough year for proto UKG/Grant Nelson?

Bought for Feelings Mutual but played or kept for Deeper 5am mix which is as good a vintage as any Pétrus

Too much good house to list, better to link a decent summary worth exploring

Just try and absorb the gold - Sonya Blade, Buzzin Cousins with Romanthony, Mike Dunn, Stratosphere and so much more. Insane quality control, SB needs including because she was in heavy circulation, people havinit on the roof of a bus comes to mind