LATIN KINGS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

william_kent

I have one "SALSOUL" album, it cost me 25 pence, I have never played it

NS5qcGVn.jpeg

and it is the censored version

luka

i asked a venezulaln customer what is the best rum from your country he said saint therasa have you drunk it?
this is actually fania tho sorry

luka

im drinking wray and neph straight and worthy park, also straight. i think wray and neph taastes mank with coke. not tried it with lukozade like you keep recommending. tastes lush neat.

william_kent

@linebaugh read this review, watch the documentary, and discuss

Hori Smoku - Sailor Jerry: The Life and Times of Norman K. Collins ( 2008 )

Who knew that Sailor Jerry was such an asshole? Turns out he was a racist sexist bigoted right-wing libertarian dickhead. Also a legend in the tattoo world. There's a lot of bullshit in this documentary, not all of it originating from Sailor Jerry. Other famous tattoo artists recount tall tales. Ed Hardy tramples all over Sailor Jerry to get an "in" with the Japanese masters that he ripped off. Crazy Eddie Funk gets angry at always being second place to Jerry.

I watched this in mixed company so when Sailor Jerry talks about "dial a cunt" there was indignation in the air.

but... it was an interesting glimpse into a long gone subterranean scene, which has been replaced by what the old timers sarcastically refer to as the mainstream "black tee shirts"

I'll still drink the rum named after him though - it's cheap and does the job