Sensational

nochexxx

harco pronting
l_4b8dac3f3c7b410e9193f732c14fc257.jpg

PeteUM

It's all grist
Whaddup?

Yeah I was surprised to see that cover. Shame there was no mention in the article of the forthcoming Nochexxx/Sensational joint on Werk as I know Dave has kept the faith a long time, but I think I might have just mentioned it in passing here. :D

<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

Sorry. I have no business ties!

petergunn

plywood violin
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nochexxx

harco pronting
Yeah I was surprised to see that cover. Shame there was no mention in the article of the forthcoming Nochexxx/Sensational joint on Werk as I know Dave has kept the faith a long time, but I think I might have just mentioned it in passing here. :D

Sorry. I have no business ties!

aww, thanks bruv. tbh i did feel somewhat disjected after hearing the news. can't wait to read this much deserved spead though!

in other nochexxx/sensational news i found my TP's left outside overnight in the pooring rain. look froward to hearing the vinyl versions later.

incidentally this week torture as been sending me videos of his recent tour. this is my favourite.

<font face="Verdana" size="1" color="#999999"><br/><a style="font: Verdana" href="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=64355971">my birthday live at the show in japan</a><br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=64355971,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=64355971,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object><br/><a style="font: Verdana" href="http://www.myspace.com/chunkobliss">Sensational</a> | <a style="font: Verdana" href="http://vids.myspace.com">MySpace Video</a></font>

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Thanks for the props. He's a really nice guy to talk to.

Apologies for not mentioning the nochexxx/werk release.*I didn't know about the release, and Sens himself didn't mention it I'm afraid.*He's pretty scatty at recalling what's coming up. Would love to hear it for sure...

WordSound is definitely still an ongoing concern, but it's releasing stuff regularly-ish.

nochexxx

harco pronting
Thanks for the props. He's a really nice guy to talk to.

Apologies for not mentioning the nochexxx/werk release.*I didn't know about the release, and Sens himself didn't mention it I'm afraid.*He's pretty scatty at recalling what's coming up. Would love to hear it for sure...

WordSound is definitely still an ongoing concern, but it's releasing stuff regularly-ish.

derek pm me your address if you'd like a TP for review consideration.

recently i've been listening to the new sensational / spectre album 'acid and bass'. i find constantly rewinding three tracks i really like! :cool:

derek dude, your pm box is full!

Last edited:

sjc

thats really cool that sensational is on the cover of the wire. very unexpected. wordsound put out some really good stuff - last time i heard about sh fernando he was really struggling to make ends meet so glad the label is still around. he was a good journalist too.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
In the article it discusses what he does money-wise these days by the way. He's heavily into cooking. He's trying to get his Sri Lankan curry paste into Harrods as we speak (really!). At one point, he went back to Sri Lanka for a year to learn how to seriously cook.

Not all of my discussion with him made it into the piece for reasons of space, but at the height of WordSound they were doing pretty well, money-wise. He made a decent living from it. It's no secret that these days, like many indie operations, they're making much, much less money.

nochexxx

harco pronting
i should wait until i've read the article but i'm wondering if there's any mention of skiz and/or bill laswell having a bunch of unreleased CWM tracks archived somewhere. studio outtakes possibly?!? :D

i seem to remember communicating this discusion with skiz via a serious tripel beer haze.

Last edited:

sjc

the prince paul album that WS put out (and later got picked up by tommy boy) is one of my most favourite albums ever. that crooked film that they made and released is worth a look too, if you want to see something reflective of the indie/experimental scene in new york in the late 90s/early 00s.

re: laswell, always thought WS should have put out that never released jungle brothers album (not sure if this is now out on the web or not though - i think it might be). would have been perfect.

will keep an eye out in harrods for his paste!

didn’t he have plans / or is planning to write a '33 1/3' book on Enter the Wu-Tang?

not sure but his new beats book is good/kinda underrated i think.

Last edited:

nochexxx

harco pronting
re: laswell, always thought WS should have put out that never released jungle brothers album (not sure if this is now out on the web or not though - i think it might be). would have been perfect.

as mentioned earlier in this thread wordsound did put out an EP (Crazy Wisdom Masters - The Payback EP) of this stuff!

but my understanding is there's more material yet to be unearthed from the same reels.

john eden

male pale and stale
I asked Skiz about the 36 Chambers book whilst ordering some wordsound CDs. Apparently it's on hold cos of difficulties getting hold of the RZA. :(