Grime Spam

Do you like Grime Spam?

• I really like Grime Spam. It's really great.

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Yeah I agree with you Woebizzle. Its pissing me off.

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters

dominic

Beast of Burden
what does the term "sticky" mean?

i.e., it seems to suggest some kind of function button that would appear in the music section???

dominic

Beast of Burden
or would it simply be a running thread, such that every person who wishes to announce an event or post a mix does so within that one thread?

nomos

Administrator
Re: k-punk in #39:

That would deter discussion though, which these things often do generate. It would end up being 200 pages long and you'd never know when to bother looking in it.

Whereas a "Mixes and Announcements" forum could satisfy both sides. It would let people to keep posting and reading these threads while keeping them contained and largely out of sight.

k-punk

Spectres of Mark
See what you mean, though I don't necessarily think that it would deter discussion. How about a forum within a forum (is this possible?) for announcements and mixes then?

(Dom, Sticky just means the thread is always at the top)

nomos

Administrator
k-punk said:
See what you mean, though I don't necessarily think that it would deter discussion. How about a forum within a forum (is this possible?) for announcements and mixes then?
If I get your meaning that would be a sub-forum (ie: of Music) which I think would be a very good and possible compromise. ;)

Woebot

Vis a vis being merkerd on my own poll!!! Ha ha ha ha ha. Not bothered one iota. I just want people to "collectively" like what happens here. Its just when I came back, both the biggest poster at the forum and the person who set it up with me (ie both the most important people IMHO) were complaining about Grime Spam. And I'll level with you, I was in total agreement with them. Not enough good threads, too many people promoting themselves.

Hmm. I hear everyone.

• Sticky Announcements and Promotion Thread > No discusssion on Mixes/Events as they happened (concert reports have been fantastic!)

• Sub-forum of Music > Have to admit I hate the chinese doll aspect of this. One of the reasons Dissensus works is that when you load the front page, everything is there.

• Not putting mixes in Music > Well they're music arent they!?!?! Surely its absurd? (being rhetorical here)

For the time being, and for the sake of consistency (otherwise everyone will get confused) unless it's one of Logan's very occasional mixes or something of similar magnitude (sorry if that sounds biased, but thats the way the cookie crumbles) then Events/Mixes need to go in Miscellaneous. I can promise, for what its worth, I'll check out that forum.

bassnation

the abyss
WOEBOT said:
For the time being, and for the sake of consistency (otherwise everyone will get confused) unless it's one of Logan's very occasional mixes or something of similar magnitude (sorry if that sounds biased, but thats the way the cookie crumbles) then Events/Mixes need to go in Miscellaneous. I can promise, for what its worth, I'll check out that forum.

and if anyones got a good mix or track that they want to promote and feel that it might get lost in the fora here, drop me a line and i'll stick something on my blog.

nomos

Administrator
You beat me to it Marc ;)

I'd also be happy to have more people sharing grime/dubstep/ukg etc. mixes and tracks over at Riddim.ca. Especially these days with dubplate.net down and the dowloads forum at Rinse locked off for VIPs only.

Immryr

it doesnt take much to get into the download room on the rinse forums. you just need to upload a couple of things into the grime room, then pm darkside and ask for access.

nomos

Administrator
^^ fair enough. i still prefer a more open setup. though i know they had problems with links being blocked.

Last edited: