GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Woebot

<b>"We're delighted see that this thread has proved so popular with Dissensus users and that so much has been contributed to it. However, this thread (and the other "Gossip and Lies" threads) are getting so long that they are pretty unmanageable, and they're beginning to suck a bit of the life out of the forum. Virtually all of the posts here would work better and get more attention if they were in proper, smaller threads. So we're going to close this thread and all the other "Gossip and Lies" threads (other than the cricket one, which is so different from all the others that it probably still has a place). We know some of you have really enjoyed this thread so we're giving you a week (seven days from now) to make your farewell posts, then we're going to close it. After that, we'd love it if you could contribute this energy to the broader forum."</b>

john eden

male pale and stale
Booooooooooooooo

*flings bottle*

Pfff!

And there's you in your suit going on about how grime fans ain't all hoodlums, Mr Sama! ;)

The idea is to have more and better grime threads, instead of this one which is a bit insular.

It's an exciting time and the music deserves more than one thread with the same half a dozen people posting on it.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
I agree will polz and logan, this rolling thread is a special place - okay it's a forum within a forum but it's working just fine

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Booooooooooooooo

*flings bottle*

TYRANNY!

I am so tempted to start a "breaking news, gossip, slander, lies, etc." FORUM.
WHO'S WITH ME?!

PS: If you want this thread to get to 200 pages, invite some RWD forumers over here. They'll do it for you in roughly an hour and a half.

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I just posted an agreement with the mods in another thread, fuck it people, let's keep this place moving, new formats are always good. If that happened before - with k-punk et al - all good, but it's hardly that now, move formats again sounds like fun. If language really has a purpose then it's a good idea.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Ta-ta, although I can't wait for loads of microthreads about JME's hi-hat patterns, sightings of Wiley at Percy Ingle etc.

Cornflake

thats kinda irritating..i dont post often at all on here..but i enjoy breezin through and seein what ppl are sayin. This is the only thread that i check. Now i have to go through the threads..grr

Did Wiley produce the intro for Tunnel Vision Vol 6?

also still lovin the refix of Turbulence on Trim's album.

Your opinion is flawed! :mad:

oh come on, as if rules and regulations could possibly match the ferocity of creeper volume 1, admittedly r&r is miles ahead in terms of quality control, less frafff etc..(less Brazen) but tracks like Eskimo where wiley, flowdan et al spitting amazing bars, its sounds like it got recorded off a rinse set. And then theres the "what" versions, scratchy's, wiley's... theres 6 or seven tracks on it that just make it stone cold classic for me.

although i am a sucker for Penpals, what a tune.

on another flex, has anyone heard this

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=26078

prancehall says ears is his favourite mc and that he sounds good on any beat, i have never been a fan (lend me your ears was such a let down) but this is brilliant, so danceable and ears is on top form
very interesting crossover

mos dan

fact music
Is the David E. Sugar track going to be on the Ears mixtape? I have to physically restrain myself from brucking out when I hear that one.

Where are we to find Frisco's 'Aiya Napa' - on his mixtape presumably? Care to describe it in more detail David? Proper garagey as the name implies?

viktorvaughn

oh come on, as if rules and regulations could possibly match the ferocity of creeper volume 1, admittedly r&r is miles ahead in terms of quality control, less frafff etc..(less Brazen) but tracks like Eskimo where wiley, flowdan et al spitting amazing bars, its sounds like it got recorded off a rinse set. And then theres the "what" versions, scratchy's, wiley's... theres 6 or seven tracks on it that just make it stone cold classic for me.

although i am a sucker for Penpals, what a tune.

on another flex, has anyone heard this

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=26078

prancehall says ears is his favourite mc and that he sounds good on any beat, i have never been a fan (lend me your ears was such a let down) but this is brilliant, so danceable and ears is on top form
very interesting crossover

Yeah i love the Creepers to bits. Some of the beats are just sooooooo good. And that era of Roll Deeps bars is a good one - like Riko's 'heavy artillery' bars in Rhythm Division i think it is on Aim High 2 DVD.

Rules n Regs, just sounds a but too well packaged, too glossy. Obviously it's miles better than In at the Deep End but it slightly reminds me of it.

That Earz tune sounds good - Mixtape sounded maxi-swag, i haven't even made it to the end yet.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Is the David E. Sugar track going to be on the Ears mixtape? I have to physically restrain myself from brucking out when I hear that one.

Where are we to find Frisco's 'Aiya Napa' - on his mixtape presumably? Care to describe it in more detail David? Proper garagey as the name implies?

It is on Back 2 da lab 2

Just dropped this week

Woebot

it seems this thread is the only that anyone really minds is being closed.

:slanted:

the problem is that it's sucked all the grime out of the rest of the forum. ingrates like me who just ignore it aren't getting their fix. maybe if someone would agree to moderate this thread, and push bigger topics out, you know strictly gossip, then we could keep it open?

maybe i seem a bit indecisive, but i'm just trying to listen to the massive.