GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

monkstars flow at least used to be better but lyrically hes generally pretty awful.

i wonder what will happen to the songs he was on on the NGs album. .

RAISED BY WOLVES

I was listening to an old Cold Blooded set yesterday, and I swore I hear Terminator flip a bar bout "And I'll come to your home/while your eating a Toblerone"

I nearly lost it on the subway laughing....

It's all in the details.

mos dan

fact music
just those three mc's (wiley isn't a member imo - there when its hot, won't be there when it's not)...that's not a lot but anyway...imo

wiley may not be a member in your opinion, but skepta seems to think he is, so i think it's prob fair to say he is. personally i think bbk is a tremendous model for taking grime forward. they are the only people to have both a decent workrate and a collective persona discernible to those outside the rwd forum.

yeah the wiley singles are such a let-down.. sigh. 'my mistakes' gets the skip button every time. hopefully people will buy the album in any case..

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/top40_albums.php

number 71 this week if ppl didn't see.

DJL

i'm joking
"my mistakes were made by me, your mistakes were made by you."

most redundant lyric ever?

That lyric is so not redundant it's stupid. Wiley's bars are very deep.

It's a shame his album hasn't done better commercially but I don't think he gives a shit. He'll always be able to bang out tunes and feed himself. Wiley is always gonna be one step ahead of what people are buying. That is him and what he is best at. Pushing things forward rather than trying to be what everyone else wants.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Wiley had no input into the choice of singles.

Big Dada were very worried about putting out "old" tracks as singles. Yes I groaned when I heard that as well.

Keeping it 'excloos' does not work in the real world of mainstream music. Keeping it good is what matters.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Big Dada were very worried about putting out "old" tracks as singles. Yes I groaned when I heard that as well.

Keeping it 'excloos' does not work in the real world of mainstream music. Keeping it good is what matters.

Yeah, totally. Which is why I was all about when you were backing the release of Doctor's Gotta Man so long after it was popular. With grime, as far as the mainstream market is concerned, any track from the last two years might as well have come out yesterday in my opinion.

Whenever I think of Wiley and all these slip ups he has I feel genuinly bad for him. I don't think he'll ever get exactly what he deserves as an artist and it really gets me down. Not many people in any genre have his hunger. He's quite an incredible character.

Last edited:

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
quoted from the dizzee rascal thread:

I dunno, there are some really good moments on [rules & regulations.] I think that Scratchy was really prominent, and for good reason. I think he should release more stuff of his own.

WORD. Scratchy is on fucking fire at the moment - he absolutely smashes that roll deep (+ Patrick Kielty, lol) set from mid-may that's on the Rinse FM podcast, as well as that Roll Deep special of Logan's show from the beginning of the year. begging for some of his new bars to be released in recorded form...

"you're fucking with london's finest
write bars all night, matchsticks under our eyelids"

:cool:

also DJL, you have failed to convince me that that hook (and whole entire song) are not god awful. no-one's doubting that Wiley is immense and miles ahead of most, but that song is one of his lowest points to date.

DJL

i'm joking
also DJL, you have failed to convince me that that hook (and whole entire song) are not god awful. no-one's doubting that Wiley is immense and miles ahead of most, but that song is one of his lowest points to date.

Ok, that hook is redundant to most of us. But alot of people need pointing out the obvious clearly and simply nowadays. Alot of people are confused and fucked up out of their minds and looking for answers in all the wrong places. Wiley has the answer to their problem throughout all of his work and his ear to the ground so that when he says it the right people listen. Ultimately I don't think the song was ever aimed at you and therefore that is why you think it is shit when it isn't.

DJL

i'm joking
Just seen this on the RWD website, looks interesting and only £6.99 from HMV:

http://www.rwdmag.com/articles/5707.html

Resist Records have cunningly put all our favourite music on one album. Dubstep, Grime and Bass does exactly what it says on the tin and some!

If you’re a serious dub head then you probably would have heard these tunes blasting out at some of the premier sound systems at nights like FWD>> and DMZ. The CD rinses out some of the best tunes this side of 2007 and includes the likes of dubstep mogul Skream with his tune Bahl Forward and the haunting remix of Jamie Woon Wayfaring Stranger. Not forgetting Loefah’s apocalyptic, System tune that is as bassy as the Brown Sound! The album also features Leeds native Rusko alongside Caspa with their for wobbly dub riddim Custard Chucker that’s as infectious as the plague!

No bass inspired CD would be complete without the likes of a grime compilation. CD 2 offers a selection of banging tunes, that includes MOBO award winning Sway with the tune Baby Father. Pintsized rapper Lady Sovereign who is currently taking the US by storm with her cheeky cockney flow! Roll Deep make an appearance with Flame Grilled Whopper, the track is taken from Rules and Regulations, released earlier this year. The UKs answer to Rahzell - Faith SFX busts a joint that is so hot it melts your ears! Faith’s track is called Oh My and features deadlocked rapper Jammer. How could we forget the godfather Wiley who gives us a couple Eskibeat tunes like Take Orders and Grim.

The CD ups the tempo with all the biggest D&B tunes! Australian metalers turned dnb ravers have put their tune Painkiller which is a remixed by Ed Solo & Skool of Thought. There is an exclusive upfront cut from Deekline and NAPT’s awesome Get Backfeaturing the world’s no.1 MC Skibadee.

RWD agrees that is more economical to have a wide scope of mates so that you can all pitch in together and each take a CD home! Dubstep, Grime and Base. For more info check MySpace.com/twhdubstepgrimebass.

Just seen this on the RWD website, looks interesting and only £6.99 from HMV:

http://www.rwdmag.com/articles/5707.html

Resist Records have cunningly put all our favourite music on one album. Dubstep, Grime and Bass does exactly what it says on the tin and some!

If you’re a serious dub head then you probably would have heard these tunes blasting out at some of the premier sound systems at nights like FWD>> and DMZ. The CD rinses out some of the best tunes this side of 2007 and includes the likes of dubstep mogul Skream with his tune Bahl Forward and the haunting remix of Jamie Woon Wayfaring Stranger. Not forgetting Loefah’s apocalyptic, System tune that is as bassy as the Brown Sound! The album also features Leeds native Rusko alongside Caspa with their for wobbly dub riddim Custard Chucker that’s as infectious as the plague!

No bass inspired CD would be complete without the likes of a grime compilation. CD 2 offers a selection of banging tunes, that includes MOBO award winning Sway with the tune Baby Father. Pintsized rapper Lady Sovereign who is currently taking the US by storm with her cheeky cockney flow! Roll Deep make an appearance with Flame Grilled Whopper, the track is taken from Rules and Regulations, released earlier this year. The UKs answer to Rahzell - Faith SFX busts a joint that is so hot it melts your ears! Faith’s track is called Oh My and features deadlocked rapper Jammer. How could we forget the godfather Wiley who gives us a couple Eskibeat tunes like Take Orders and Grim.

The CD ups the tempo with all the biggest D&B tunes! Australian metalers turned dnb ravers have put their tune Painkiller which is a remixed by Ed Solo & Skool of Thought. There is an exclusive upfront cut from Deekline and NAPT’s awesome Get Backfeaturing the world’s no.1 MC Skibadee.

RWD agrees that is more economical to have a wide scope of mates so that you can all pitch in together and each take a CD home! Dubstep, Grime and Base. For more info check MySpace.com/twhdubstepgrimebass.

that cd looks so wack
i wish they'd put some real grime on there

Woebot

not very grimey

i was in the hsbc in canary wharf and i bumped into and said hi to trim.

had to remark that it was pretty strange meeting him in such a (deeply anaethetic) environment. he just laughed and said he lives round the corner.

benjybars

village elder.
i was in the hsbc in canary wharf and i bumped into and said hi to trim.

had to remark that it was pretty strange meeting him in such a (deeply anaethetic) environment. he just laughed and said he lives round the corner.

brap! big up trim stacking away his Ps...:)

john eden

male pale and stale
GRIME MIXTAPE SWEEPSTAKE

UKrecordshop reckons these will be out today:

Soulfood 2
Tunnel Vision 6
Are You Dumb 2

Which do you think will actually come out today?

:)