GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
Virus Syndicate are on 30th June in Elephant & Castle. I think that's the next night even approaching it.

Ruff Sqwad in July with Prancehall and that as well i think.

edit- JME & Skepta in London Bridge 29/06; http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user/?region=gb_london&query=detail&event=223049

Nothing's real grime though, shite.

djassaultbackzc3.jpg

DJL

i'm joking
would be nice to hear him stretch out instrumentally/production-wise, condense ideas he might spread across 5 tracks into one..

The 'Sidewinder' instrumental I thought was gonna be the start of making tracks more complex structurally but not sure if many have followed that lead. Think I remember people on RWD saying that track was an amalgamation of exisiting singular ideas. Not 100% sure who produced it - Wiley or maybe Jammer??

gumdrops

yeah i like jammer a lot as well. dont know if i will order the new mix cd just yet but hes more consistent than most.

mos dan

fact music
has it got 'class of 07' on it? the more i listen to the radio rip of that song (it's on this massive, expansive 80s rock beat by scorcher), the more i think it defines everything that's still vital about wiley. his delivery's incredible.

"i wrote this bar at midnight 07 january 1st / i learned to drive manually first / me and my sound we were angry first / if shots are getting buss i'm like 'can we first?'"

boomnoise

♫
has it got 'class of 07' on it? the more i listen to the radio rip of that song (it's on this massive, expansive 80s rock beat by scorcher), the more i think it defines everything that's still vital about wiley. his delivery's incredible.

"i wrote this bar at midnight 07 january 1st / i learned to drive manually first / me and my sound we were angry first / if shots are getting buss i'm like 'can we first?'"

not on it :( there is nothing vital about wiley on this new one.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Tunnel Vision 6 started off really good, but then I was let down midway through. Too many tracks where he just talks, although the Reply To Dizzee gave me jokes:

"It's not about how much money you've got. No one cares."

The 2nd Dub for Dizzee was appaling though, although I suspect that making such a weak studio dub for Dizzee was done as bait, expecting him to think he could easily crush Wiley's effort if he decided to make a track back (which he won't), and then Wiley could return with another Nightbus style comeback and lay waste to him.

Time After Time is another one of those great cringeworthy tracks where Wiley gets a little too personal. Those sort of tracks have a special place in my heart though; Wiley's total lack of tact and censorship in the topics he chooses to cover are an essential part of his character.

The biggest moment for me on TV6 though was the Match Of The Day riddim track, Best Striker feat. Lil Dee and Scorcher. Big production, and it definitely could be added to the conpendium of Tunnel Vision tracks that could make a great album. I also like the version of Frontline - the female vocal works really well over Davinche's remix.

While we're on the topic, could someone (Logan?) explain to me what the idea behind the Umbrella and 10 Pound An Hour mixtapes is? How are they going to be different from the Tunnel Vision series? Grime Wave is meant to be his next official album, right?

Last edited:

gumdrops

apparently lethal b guested with pete doherty (and er kate moss) at glastonbury... and dizzee guested with the arctic monkeys... grindie lives!

boomnoise

♫
apparently lethal b guested with pete doherty (and er kate moss) at glastonbury... and dizzee guested with the arctic monkeys... grindie lives!

lethal b is now the living embodiment of grindie - his he album save one or two tracks is totally grindie with kate nash, babyshambles et al. it's truly terrible.

mos dan

fact music

i upped said radio rip in this post:

http://dot-alt.blogspot.com/2007/06/playtime-has-been-extended.html

gumdrops

that newham gens show from 18th of this month is just mind blowing. the beats are so so amazing. a lot of new ones from footsie and maybe even tubby too i think. fucking incredible. some tracks with proper rude funky bass too which is great. and some uptempo ones too.

the roll deep show i heard from the last few weeks with flowdan wasnt bad, but it was only flowdan, who wasnt really going for it, and im not really into the tracks that maximum or karnage play that much. its still grime, but a lot of half step rhythms (seems a lot of new grime beats are quite dubstep influenced), not much fast stuff, and just a couple tons too many of virgo-ish stringsy beats.

tubbys track choices/selection and mixing/sequencing is impeccable.

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
newham generals are the best thing on the radio in the whole world.

okay, exagerration. but seriously, they ALWAYS smash it. it was actually nice to hear them play a load of vocals on the 18th before the obligatory amazing set - whoever was saying a few pages back that they don't have much hope for the newham gens album is, in scratchy's words, DRUNK. they were playing some huge tracks.

BELL DEM SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGS