GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

flex is excellent, both the original and the q remix. its the other remixes (and the fake bmore aaron la crate remix of pussyole) that suck.

i found a chipmunk track i kinda like - who you are. probably more for the beat than anything else but hes decent.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
flex is excellent, both the original and the q remix. its the other remixes (and the fake bmore aaron la crate remix of pussyole) that suck.

i found a chipmunk track i kinda like - who you are. probably more for the beat than anything else but hes decent.

It boggles my mind that Chipmunk could be considered a weak MC and new Dizzee Rascal material could be considered excellent by a fan of grime.

gumdrops

come on. its still dizzee. and flex is the best thing on that last album of his. i dont know how anyone who likes dizzees early radio stuff could hate flex. unless you REALLY hate garage/house stuff. but on flex its almost like hes rhyming in the style of how he used to, not all stupidly choppy.

mos dan

fact music
come on. its still dizzee. and flex is the best thing on that last album of his. i dont know how anyone who likes dizzees early radio stuff could hate flex. unless you REALLY hate garage/house stuff. but on flex its almost like hes rhyming in the style of how he used to, not all stupidly choppy.

maybe. but the beat is swag and the chorus just makes me fall asleep. it's an almost ineffable thing, but i just can't hear the same hunger or verve in his voice as i used to - even in earlier (equally stoopid-fun) bangers like 'stand up tall' or 'fix up look sharp'. i just don't believe him when he says he loves it when girls flex like that. not anymore. ;)

btw i don't want to get even bitchier, but did anyone think that dizzee's disavowal of grime - the scene, the music, and the individuals - followed by his recent return to rinse, where i heard him imploring people to 'support' and buy the single... i mean, isn't that a bit off? i'm all for supporting any black british artist in the record industry that we have, but shouldn't 'support' be a two-way street?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
btw i don't want to get even bitchier, but did anyone think that dizzee's disavowal of grime - the scene, the music, and the individuals - followed by his recent return to rinse, where i heard him imploring people to 'support' and buy the single... i mean, isn't that a bit off? i'm all for supporting any black british artist in the record industry that we have, but shouldn't 'support' be a two-way street?

Absolutely. That appearance got total air from me as I hope it did other people. It was pretty shameless after a track like Pussyole ("I was into pirate radio/ I guess it was a phase [until my street credibility goes down the shitter then I hop back on the show of a crew I have been blue-balling with false anticipation for years to try and push more singles])

How great would've it been though if Wiley took the opportunity to crash the party Godsgift style and finally boy him on set like he's wanted to. Too great.

tom pr

It was pretty shameless after a track like Pussyole ("I was into pirate radio/ I guess it was a phase [until my street credibility goes down the shitter then I hop back on the show of a crew I have been blue-balling with false anticipation for years to try and push more singles])
You know what, I was listening to that set and I thought Dizzee sounded great and I was really feeling it and yadda yadda, but you're completely right. I'd forgotten how much that 'I guess it was a phase' line pissed me off at the time, and Dizzee's not going to redeem himself this quickly...

How great would've it been though if Wiley took the opportunity to crash the party Godsgift style and finally boy him on set like he's wanted to. Too great.
I think that would be the best thing to ever happen in the history of grime.

'Dylan! Cool off...'

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
You should know by now Dizzee schedules in one annual pirate radio appearance so he is still 'repping'

Although Flex is a cool track. And U Can't Me Nothin is immense.

Anyways....

Tracklisting 2007/11/26 Tinie Tempa & Badness Guest

MAVADO / WEH DEM A DO (STAGESHOW RIDDIM) / DUB
WILEY / ICE MAN / ESKIBEAT
NEWHAM GENERALS / MOVE TO THE BEAT / DIRTEE STANK
OGS / GET DOWN / OG
FRISCO FT CHIPMUNK & DOUBLE S / SKENGMAN MODE / ALWAYZ
TINCHY STRYDER FT RAPID / LINE EM UP / RUFF SQWAD
***TINIE TEMPAH IN THE STUDIO***
TINIE TEMPAH / HOOD ECONIMICS / DL
*WILEY / IT'S A PAR / ESKIBEAT*
TINIE TEMPAH FT CHIPMUNK & MZ BRATT / FAT LIKE YA MOTHER / DL
TINIE TEMPAH / POSTMAN / DL
TINIE TEMPAH / ROCK DAT / DL
***TINIE TEMPAH ON THE MIC***
WILEY / IT'S A PAR / ESKIBEAT
MANIAC / DEVIL / ADAMANTIUM

RUFF SQWAD / RUFF SQWAD MANDEM / RUFF SQWAD
DOCTOR / BADMAN THING / DUB
ROADSIDE GEEZ & STYLO G / SEEN / RSG
ASHER D FT ELRAE / HAD ENOUGH / AD82

***BASHY IN THE STUDIO***
BASHY FT MARCIE PHONIX & HYPER FENN / BLACK BOYS REMIX / NAUGHTY BOY

***BADNESS IN THE STUDIO***
BADNESS / I'M A RASTA / LAVA
BADNESS & VYBZ KARTEL / LARST WORDS / LAVA
BADNESS & 2NICE / CHEEKY / LAVA
BADNESS / RUDE KID / LAVA

***BADNESS & LAVA UNIT ON THE MIC***
J MIXER / JORDAN RIDDIM / DUB
DVA / BULLET A GO FLY / DVA
RUDEKID & SPYRO / UNTITLED / DUB
WILEY / CABLE STREET / ESKIBEAT
BENGA & COKI / NIGHT / TEMPA
RAPID / KNIGHTRIDER / RUFFSQWAD
DAVINCHE / WHAT IS MINE / DUB
STEPHEN MCGREGOR / TREMOR RIDDIM / VP
DEXPLICIT / STEAMTRAIN VIP / ADAMANTIUM DUBPLATE
WILEY / UNTITLED / ESKIBEAT
RAPID / SCRAMBLED EGGS / RUFF SQWAD
SKEPTA / KILL OFF / DUB
TERROR DANJAH / ZUMPI HUNTER (DOK REMIX) / HARDDRIVE
TERROR DANJAH / SQUARE OFF / HARDDRIVE
SCORCHER / DARK STAR / DUB
SKEPTA / ROCKSTAR KILLASOUNDBWOY VIP / ADAMANTIUM
JME / NAPA PRINCE / BOYBETTERKNOW
SKEPTA / DEAD (LOGAN SAMA KILLASOUNDBWOY VIP) / ADAMANTIUM DUBPLATE

http://files.filefront.com/LoganSamaKiss20071126ZIP/;9134493;/fileinfo.html

mos dan

fact music
I think that would be the best thing to ever happen in the history of grime.

'Dylan! Cool off...'

man how good would that be? it's only ever going to happen by accident though, i can't see dizzee ever agreeing to do it! wil would have to surprise him on a set or something...

anyway just to say a long-unanswered jammer question just got answered on our blog.

gumdrops

yes, i found the 'pirate radio was a phase' lyrics annoying and arrogant.. yes, dizzee is shit now, mostly - why theyre getting him to supposedly vocal 'night' i have no idea, its gonna be crap. and YES, the 'support me' thing is pathetic, why should we, when you arent even repping the scene were fans of? (plus, hyped as i always am to hear him on radio, i only really rate him now when he does his old lyrics, not really the new ones).

but flex is a fucking great track, lets not get carried away with the dizzee-hating. its the best thing hes done in the last year. thats the one lyric where i DO believe him. as for black balling newham gens, come on, hes hardly jay-z and dirtee stank isnt def jam. if they wanted to leave i bet they could, but theyre sticking around cos they know it isnt a bad look to be in the same crew, plus hes giving them exposure just from the assocation. besides, if all the vocal tracks id heard from NGs were absolute fire, then you could say maybe he was fucking them over, but maybe its cos the tracks are just not ready or good enough yet? i mean, look how crap the 'proper' version of mic centre was compared to that mp3 rip prancehall posted years back.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
why theyre getting him to supposedly vocal 'night' i have no idea

PileOfCash_WealthGeneration.net.jpg

I reckon it'll be heavy though

i don't.

it's rare that dizzee comes hard lately, if he does it's old bars, and i haven't heard anyone actually do anything well with that night beat yet; i don't think it's a track that suits vocals in all honesty.

Last edited:

Logos

Ghosts of my life
Quick question about one of the MCs on Fuck Radio 5 (Ghetto birthday set).

Anyone know who the MC is over the Gotta Man beat?

"I'm in the dance shocking out like slewi/
This guy screwing me [something I can't make out]

...I couldn't give a fuck if he's hong kong fuey"

And then one of his bars a bit later is:

"hungry season/man are getting licked down for no reason"

msoes

its little nasty

brother of marcus nasty, griminal, mak 10.

he's the one with bars for demon around the 7 minute mark

tom pr

Those 4 are all brothers!? NASTY is still limping along isn't it, who is good who is offically still NASTY?
I didn't know Mac 10 was in the family, but the other three defo are.

Griminal reckons they've got an album recorded and it should be out at some point next year, so I guess we'll wait and see.

S

simon silverdollar

Griminal reckons they've got an album recorded and it should be out at some point next year, so I guess we'll wait and see.

but isn't the standard interview line of "watch out for my album" etc really grime-code for; "i will not release an album any time in the next 12 months. i have not recorded an album, nor any tracks for the album." ?