GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
thanks jeg and tom and others making the nights...

see the youtube footage of wiley clashing ghetto (times when you knowit's all worth it)

Part 1

Part 2

filming by Tim and Barry, in case the idents didn't give it away

looking forward to Durrty Goodz in Brighton on Friday

Brilliant. I wish I made this one.

Favourite bit: Ghetto clearly thinking he was going to get a reload for the "suck your mum you're no star" bars, and then Wiley boying him in a quick second with the "cool off" bars.

Wiley has a great personality in clashes because he is so calm. He treats his opponents with such calm respect and dignity, vibes out to their bars, never interrupts, etc. like he actually wants to give them a fair chance. That way when he slaughters them, he leaves no doubt in your mind that he did because he let them give their best. The relaxed way he treats Ghetto in this clash makes all Ghetto's hand-waving and screaming seem all the more desperate.

Ghetto's last reload there was fucking vicious though.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
i knew what battried meant, but when wiley says my names scheme'o, sold class a like neno, trouble maker like beeno, who or what is neno?

edit, my spellings terrible, prenounced knee no

My name's 'skimo (Eskimo)

Sold class A like Nino (Nino Brown from New Jack City)

benjybars

village elder.
did anyone get down to dirty canvas??

quick run down of the night:

old skool garage by sunship was boring - for me - and no one knew any of the tunes. weird!
grime segement, logan played well, didnt hear much new stuff
chippy is boring and got pushed to the back

what are u chatting about! chippy got the mic more than anyone and handled it nicely. Logan's selection was TIDY. (volume was stupidly low tho) Trim was sick when he touched mic but didn't spit long enough. jammer and fuda fu*cked the place up. Good night.

nah nah lol

and a chick BLATENTLY got batteried 6 in a line outside - big up Sasha

HAG

who is this chick - she's needs to get properly baited? and what mc's were they?

i'll never forget leaving rhythm factory once a couple of years ago and seeing a seriously unlikely (but real!) tryst between a certain grime mc and a certain high-profile woman from the dubstep scene.

and this needs to get exposed aswell - don't just leave it there. I can guess who though

i knew what battried meant, but when wiley says my names scheme'o, sold class a like neno, trouble maker like beeno, who or what is neno?

edit, my spellings terrible, prenounced knee no

its the guy from new jack city - snipes...

tomd

penis like a micromachine

Thanks Logan. Had a thought last night, maybe impossible, but the kiss online radio player could sell mp3 releases of grime tunes your currently playing on show? I mean Ive noticed places like pure grime and alike ripping seperate tunes from your show, why not sell listeners the mp3s, make some money for unsigned artists and probably raise the levels. Just a stupid stoned thought.

outraygeous

a line up is an intimate affair between a lady and x amount of guys.

lets just say some of them were peformimg on stage.

she was getting pushed all over the shop

heres a quote before i went to get bagels

'sasha, im gona make a tune about you!'

so if you hear the Jenny remix, you know the deal

and chippy got ZERO rewinds

mos dan

fact music

"shotting like nino brown from new jack city" - that's purple or something innit.

talking of jenny, i re-watched whatever dvd it is that has essentials spitting in rhythm division the other day.. DAMN. it doesn't get much better than that. remerdee (pointing at davinche): "davinche - you know jenny..." (collapses laughing)

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
looking forward to Durrty Goodz in Brighton on Friday

boy oh boy do i wish there was any chance of goodz playing live in london any time soon. shit i would have willingly forked up £25 for an uninspired kano performance at jazz cafe if i'd realised goodz was doing a warmup set...

haven't seen this mentioned on here, posted on blackdown's blog a week or two above. un-fucking-believable footage of goodz...
seriously, who better?

Immryr

i would love to hear a set with shiesty shadow, trim and griminal on it. i dont know why, but this combo really appeals to me. i wish shads wasnt so quiet of late. he is big.

gracious kid was one of the mc's in the 6 inna line - he was quite good on stage i thought, like a slightly more tempered tempa t, still sounded very menacing

trim was fire when he was on mic, which was nowhere near long enough

still, what a sight to see the 20 or so mc's swamp the stage and flow in and out - best dc ive been to

oh and t2 was quite crap, apart from heartbroken, which is a tune, but a set of pure bassline does my head in - those girls singing (addicted?) were absolutely attrocious

Those girls were my cue to leave. But the grime segment was extremely big, although too short. Trim definitely didn't get enough time. Chipmunk was better at the Tinchy launch. And much as I love Jammer I'm not sure he should still be getting automatic reloads just for saying "I'm the Murkle Man". The mini clash and the showerface he kept making were brilliant though.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
I wish big MCs would actually be bothered to stay on the mic for longer on sets. They often tend to spit just less than the level recquired of 'leaving them wanting more' and into the realms of 'the crowd felt short-changed'