GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

blubeat

blubeat
Also, earlier on in the show Jammer visits totally shitfaced. :D
Very funny tho I wasn't sure if Logan was enjoying it as much as us. Finally I have a DAB radio so I have this set to record each week (i normally fall asleep halfway through) and don't have to wait for the download though it went up very quickly this week...

Immryr

inside looking out is fantastic. at first i did think his flow / cadence was a little too deliberately like lil waynes on i feel like dying. but i either changed my mind or that simply doesnt bother me.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
FREE UKRECORDSHOP.COM XMAS MIX CD

Basically, AJ rang me up and said 'Do you fancy doing a CD for me this christmas?'

I said 'What are you going to press it up and give it out for free?'

He said yes, so I mixed one the next day. I did this last week, it's just come back from the pressing place today. Comes on a proper CD in a plastic wallet, you can get it free from UKRecordshop.com when you make an order, just add it to your basket.

I'm quite happy with how it came out. A nice uptempo mix with a bunch of different tunes, both vocal and instrumental.

http://www.ukrecordshop.com/shop/catalog/Merry_Chrismix_2007__Logan_Sama_p_21404.html

Hope you all enjoy it.

TRACJKISTINGS & AUDIO 2007/12/17 TERROR DANJAH & SOUTH SOLDIERS

http://hosted.filefront.com/adamantiummusic/2132444

WILEY / LOCAL LAD / ESKIBEAT
SKEPTA / OVER THE TOP / BOYBETTERKNOW
SKEPTA FT TRIGGER, SPYDA & FLOWDAN / IN A CORNER
TINCHY STRYDER / FULL EFFECT / RUFF SQWAD
GRIMINAL / NOT JUST BARS / N.A.S.T.Y.U.K.
GRIMINAL / IT'S ALOT / N.A.S.T.Y.U.K.
FRISCO / AGES AGO / ALWAYZ
***TERROR DANJAH INSIDE THE STUDIO***
TERROR DANJAH FT DOUBLE S, GRIMINAL, YOUF, S KID, MESSY, CHIPMUNK, LITTLE DEE & P MONEY / MORPH / HARDDRIVE
*TERROR DANJAH / LIMBO / HARDDRIVE*
DURRTY GOODZ FT BADNESS & SHABBA D / RELOADS REMIX / HARDDRIVE
*TERROR DANJAH / ZUMPI HUNTER (DOK REMIX) / HARDDRIVE*
LAUREN MASON / I JUST WANNA BE ME / HARDDRIVE
***DOUBLE S, MZ BRATT, YOUF, SCRUFACE, BRUZA & LAUREN MASON ON THE MIC***
TERROR DANJAH / PLANET SHOCK / HARDDRIVE
MANIAC / NO E3 / ESKIBEAT
TERROR DANJAH / ZUMPI HUNTER (DOK REMIX) / HARDDRIVE
APPLE / MAD CRAZY SKANK / DUB
TERROR DANJAH / RED DUST / HARDDRIVE
WILEY / ITS A PAR (MANIAC REMIX) / ADAMANTIUM
TERROR DANJAH / LIMBO / HARDDRIVE
DEXPLICIT / WAKADOOSA (LOGANSAMA VIP) / ADAMANTIUM DUBPLATE
TERROR DANJAH & SPYRO / SHRINK WRAP / HARDDRIVE
DVA / KILL ALL A DEM (VIP MIX) / ADAMANTIUM DUBPLATE

BIG H / NO FEAR / BLOODLINE
OG'S FT DOCTOR / MAKE THAT MONEY / OG

***SOUTH SOLDIERS INSIDE THE STUDIO***
MESSY / DRUNK / MESSINTERPRETATION
MESSY FT CADICE / LIFE / MESSINTERPRETATION
SOUTH SOLDIERS FT LITTLE DEE & P MONEY / UNKNOWN / MESSINTERPRETATION
SOUTH SOLDIERS FT CADICE / ROLL GIRL *LIVE PA* / SOUTHSOLDIERS

***MESSY, DESPERADO & SPOKEMAN ON THE MIC***
DAVINCHE / WHAT IS MINE / ADAMANTIUM
J SWEET / VENTILATED / MIXING
WILEY / IT'S A PAR / ESKIBEAT
DEXPLICIT / WAKADOOSA / ADAMANTIUM
JME / NAPA PRINCE / BOYBETTERKNOW
WILEY / BIRD TUNE / WILEYKAT
RAPID / KNIGHTRIDER / RUFF SQWAD
MORE FIRE CREW / OI (INSTRUMENTAL) / FTL
SKEPTA / ROCKSTAR VIP / ADAMANTIUM
WILEY / CABLE STREET / ESKIBEAT
SKEPTA / DEAD (LOGANSAMA KILLASOUNDBWOY VIP) / ADAMANTIUM DUBPLATE
MANIAC / CLASSICAL / ADAMANTIUM
MANIAC / WOT THEN / ESKIBEAT
MANIAC / DEVIL / ADAMANTIUM
WAFA / GUNMAN SKANK / SLEWDEM
MANIAC / QUEENS HEAD / ADAMANTIUM

TINCHY STRYDER / SIX 4 FIRE FREESTYLE / RUFF SQWAD

for me

anyone check terror danjahs mixtape? i liked the durrty goodz reloads remix near the end and afew instrumentals, but to be honest i was expecting more.

it's one of the most progressive releases of the year beat wise - some mad dancefloor s***. ppl have been asking for sick instrumentals all year...now you have 'em lol

no-one's near touching him or Joker in 07...obv can't say for 08 though

vocals are sick too

what exactly were you expecting though?

show looks alright Sama - I'll have to check it

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
oh s***

I gotta disagree with you brother for the first time ever...I ain't got a dislike for her but definitely gotta hear this...Sama's going on mili now lol

Mate, she was alright when she was singing on that track he played, I guess. It was when she starting MCing on the live set that the puke started to creep up the back of my throat. It was straight embarrassing. You should've seen RWD forum when it happened. It was an outrage, lol. My favourite, as soon as she stepped on mic, one kid: "Logan you are SO dead."

EDIT: PS: Whoever that other girl was who came on the show with South Soldiers though, she could sing differently. Like actually could sing. If she is a talented songwriter, she could do a mixtape that might challenge Lady Ny's.

Last edited:

Immryr

im getting more excited by the minute about soulfood 3. those clips are amazing. the beats are unlike anything else around, which is a very good sign. this could be a serious contender to be even better than BiDC!

gumdrops

that beat for low dan is pretty amazing. love those wonky synths. shame he didnt actually emcee on it properly. im on it is great too. sounds like the same production style. i wonder who did it. its really fresh. sort of like pulse x-style grime gone abstracted electro and more melodic. seriously trim is like the grime roots manuva. he needs to make some proper records. whoever said his flow sounded like (the overrated) lil wayne on one song was on the money.

anyone checked the very last track on the jme/grim reaper 12? its not a bad ep, good VFM (six tracks), but that last track 'exposure' is one of the best things ive heard from jme. usually find a lot of his beats a bit under produced/'unfinished' but this track needs to be massive.

thought these two quotes from blackdowns funky piece could be applied to grime -

"The only problem with you calling it house is the serious house people, when you call the UK stuff house, wont take you that seriously because the big people are big already. But if you were the leader of a thing that's not got a name, you'd be the biggest in that whole scene. But you can't be the biggest in [mainstream] house, because they're already the biggest. No matter what you do, you're not going to beat them."

aka why grime ppl should have just gotten behind the term ages ago and stopped moaning about it; basically what geeneus is saying here: "they called it "grime" but what the fuck does that mean? Doesn't mean nothing. But the name just becomes a name for the music - and what does the name actually have to do with it anyway? It's just like a label, an identification."

lastly, this bit from k-punk w/r/t bassline which i hope does end up being true - "Grime has been bedeviled by comparisons with US hip hop; but if it is drawn out of its skunk-fugged cul-de-sac and back into the Garage continuum, it avoids seeming like some bargain basement version of rap."

Last edited:
striver (some producer/mc i'd never heard of before) has a mixtape out called Seriously - it's free which you can get on his myspace probably - i just got it off UTZ - and its actually quite good

its got that gash by the hour tune on it from saskilla, who i'm really feeling atm - hes got that weird voice which sounds a little effeminate, posh, jokey and fast at the same time - kind of like when trim puts on a posh voice and he makes weird noises like flirta d

heres a tune im feeling - chorus isnt all that, but the verses are great
http://www.sendmusic.eu/file/c735e
old skool, 4x4 beat - kind of dips into bassline(esque) tones for the chorus

viktorvaughn

Wow, Fuck Radio 5 really is as good is the hype said! Can't stop listening.

The little section that P Money ends with 'in the ends day to day star/gettin money like a babababaker' is fuckin crazy.

And Chippy's line ending 'roll on em like back baby bell'.

And Griminal's Its alot its alot bars.

And someones (Seac?) 'pull out the streezy (spelling?) and make eskimo dance'

And Ghetto sounds ridiculously accomplished.

Definately one of the best Grime set's I have ever heard.

Last edited:

Immryr

thats young dot not seac! yes i love that part too. favourite bit is the griminal and ghetto bit from around 17 mins in till about 22 mins IIRC.

viktorvaughn

thats young dot not seac! yes i love that part too. favourite bit is the griminal and ghetto bit from around 17 mins in till about 22 mins IIRC.

So much richness in that set, totallt rewards repeated listening...the only person I'm not really feeling is Devlin to be honest. He's pretty boring.

In fact as it's last day before my office shuts down for Xmas and boss has gone home I think i'm going to stick it on now and try and teach myself dreamweaver:cool:.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
yeah i find devlin pretty dry too

I've been saying this for time. He is every RWD forum poster's wet dream though, and it's really hard to find someone saying a bad word against him. I don't understand it: his lyrics are poor and overly wordy, his flow is unimaginative (but fast, so who cares?), and try as I might I can't think of a single great track he's made.

It seems that a lot of the younger fans of grime (determined by reading RWD forum) really rate grime MCs with flows that are fast and complicated above anyone else. They are the most overly-critical and fickle little bastards but they're all (most of the time) in unanimous agreement about how great Ghetto, Durrty Goodz, Devlin and P Money are.