GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

benjybars

village elder.
did anyone go to House Party 4 on the weekend? interested in who the MCs were with Plastician, and what sort of set Geenius did...

it was badness and bruza!! kind of a weird combination but it worked surprisingly well..

also, house party 4 was RIDICULOUSLY MASSIVE. easily the best squat party i've ever been to.

elgato

I just dont know
it was absolutely sick wasn't it. that lot know how to do parties

walked in as Plastician was dropping Artwork and all sorts of amazing early dubstep and grimey garage, with Bruza and Badness spitting all over them... just a single red light, a hench system and a low ceiling, i thought hmm...

D1 was amazing, that Sole Fusion tune sounded ridiculous in that setting. and i love all his productions

Antisocial were dominant, such ridiculously tight djs, and they had sick presence

also Ben UFO tore it up with perfect 5am selection for that night... rolling, angular, energetic but mind-bending

and the venue was sick. view from the roof was outrageous

This saturday-

Grimeforum Launch / Bread:
LOGAN SAMA, VECTRA, SPYRO + GUESTS, MAXIMUM B2B JJ, J.SWEET, TOOTSI & SKILLIAM
42-44 Kingsland Street
map

9 till i dunno actually.

benjybars

village elder.
This saturday-

Grimeforum Launch / Bread:
LOGAN SAMA, VECTRA, SPYRO + GUESTS, MAXIMUM B2B JJ, J.SWEET, TOOTSI & SKILLIAM
42-44 Kingsland Street
map

9 till i dunno actually.

anyone up for a Dissensus grime-thread link-up for this?? i have three friends who would be prepared to come to a grime-only night but one is out the country, one is skint and i've fallen out with the other over a girl (long)! i'm happy to bop to this on my ones but a dissensus get-together might be fun??

what's everyone saying?

gumdrops

anyone up for a Dissensus grime-thread link-up for this?? i have three friends who would be prepared to come to a grime-only night but one is out the country, one is skint and i've fallen out with the other over a girl (long)! i'm happy to bop to this on my ones but a dissensus get-together might be fun??

what's everyone saying?

yeah im up for a dissensus meet up. why not ;)

viktorvaughn

what's everyone saying?

I'm away this weekend but next Grime event which fassie friends refuse to attend...

Bit of unintentional internal rhyming there.:D

what's everyone saying?

up for this

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Shame I'm in toronto right now really.

It'd be alright to meet up with the lot of you cunts. We woulda had a right old time getting all heated over such contemporary issues as the relevancy of the newham generals and whether it is morally ok to enjoy badness' music.

maybe next time. let me know how you grumpy bastards get on :D

tom pr

CLICKS, WHISTLES AND RADIO RIPS: MARCH 2008

The second instalment of me and Raven Baker’s FACT column is up, and where as the first was a bit of a big (but beautiful) mess, the second is much more cohesive and succinct. It starts off with Dirty Canvas resident DJ MAGIC’s FACT MAGAZINE MIXTAPE available as a free download, featuring recent tunes from Wiley, Ruff Sqwad, Ghetto and P Money, and a Clicks exclusive by Lee Brasco.

We’ve got interviews with Sheffield based producer Grievous Angel and Baltimore lynchpin Jason Urick as well as the low-down on new tunes by Boy Better Know, Heartsrevolution and Soiled Mattress and the Springs, as well as links to new mixes by Adam Gonzo and IHeartComix. Check it out.

viktorvaughn

I totally dispute the idea of Soul Food III being rubbish - it's ace! Trim is getting even more weird and rambling but I think it's a strong look and he is basically carving a proper character out for himself in the Grime scene - the constant name changing and punning, the introspection and paranoia, the MF Doom style word association, the oft repeated catch phrases, the sometimes sloppy MCing where he stars laughing and talking in the middle of bars, the threat of unleashing his well documented and well respected career-ending war bars juxtaposed with the off-key humour in his rhymes. The production on this is the most wonky of all three volumes - I think Trim needs to move towards those stranger beats (notably produced by grime scene outsiders (or at least Shoreditch grime fans rather than Bow ones) on this - Radioclit and Brain from Vice Mag) to mirror and augment his own wonkiness of style. Their synths are maybe even similar to recent Hyperdub output, though I could be wishing that rather than actually hearing it.

Basically - Trimothy for president.

'United we stand; divided we're like odd socks.'

Last edited:

UFO over easy

online mahjong
Would love to go to that party but I'm out of london.. shame

I think Trim needs to move towards those stranger beats (notably produced by grime scene outsiders (or at least Shoreditch grime fans rather than Bow ones) on this - Radioclit and Brain from Vice Mag) to mirror and augment his own wonkiness of style. Their synths are maybe even similar to recent Hyperdub output, though I could be wishing that rather than actually hearing it.

I'm with you definitely. That Brain production is fucked, the I'm Not remix is sick, as is most other stuff by shotz I've heard.. and who is Bless Beats? I know the name. I'll Do Me is so so rolling.. I could listen to that instrumental looped for a long long time, I wish the tune was longer than 2 and a half minutes.

The guests seem less irritating on this volume as well.

john eden

male pale and stale
I'll Do Me is so so rolling.. I could listen to that instrumental looped for a long long time, I wish the tune was longer than 2 and a half minutes.

The guests seem less irritating on this volume as well.

Bless Beats is in Eskibeat, innit. Riddim is also used on Frisco's "Skeng Man Mode" and is wicked.

The Bless Beats non-stop working mixtape is good too.

Trim is great and hopefully will get wonkier as time goes on...