GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

petergunn

plywood violin
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

petergunn

plywood violin
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

benjybars

village elder.
haha. .. please god let wiley get a number 1... so what if it's not for a grime tune. more wiley interviews means more entertainment. :)

viktorvaughn

Does Wearing my Rolex have an official release date? Is it getting lots of airplay? I hope so but I never listen to the radio really...

A Wiley number 1 would be, well, very special indeed!

viktorvaughn

Would love to go to that party but I'm out of london.. shame

I'm with you definitely. That Brain production is fucked, the I'm Not remix is sick, as is most other stuff by shotz I've heard.. and who is Bless Beats? I know the name. I'll Do Me is so so rolling.. I could listen to that instrumental looped for a long long time, I wish the tune was longer than 2 and a half minutes.

The guests seem less irritating on this volume as well.

I really like the Radioclit one with the singing in French! All the wonk just seems to suit Trim so so well in a way it never would Wiley, or Chronik etc. Imagine a Trim LP produced by Hyperdub allstars!

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Does Wearing my Rolex have an official release date? Is it getting lots of airplay? I hope so but I never listen to the radio really...

A Wiley number 1 would be, well, very special indeed!

My mum told me last week it was Jo Whiley's Single of the Week or whatever, and loads of people here in Toronto who aren't usually into grime at all are asking me about it, so that's all pretty good signs I'd say.

viktorvaughn

My mum told me last week it was Jo Whiley's Single of the Week or whatever, and loads of people here in Toronto who aren't usually into grime at all are asking me about it, so that's all pretty good signs I'd say.

Great! I would love to hear it getting rinsed on daytime radio a la Heartbroken.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I really like the Radioclit one with the singing in French! All the wonk just seems to suit Trim so so well in a way it never would Wiley, or Chronik etc. Imagine a Trim LP produced by Hyperdub allstars!

naah, I reckon wiley could work it! that would be heavy though

my only disappointment with soulfood 3 is that his best bars seem to be reserved for the weakest beats and vice versa. he lets loose on some real crappy beats which just seems like a waste compared to stuff like that amazing Brain track where he just kinda mumbles his way through some flowdan taunting. trim mumbling is still endlessly fascinating though so not too much of an issue, but still

Last edited:

gumdrops

i dont think trim knows how to pick beats. he really needs to work with just one producer or a small unit and have them guide him.

benjybars

village elder.
you just cant dilute wiley can you - big look for him

"you see the turning up thing..." joker

i don't think it's possible for wiley to say anything that i wouldn't find at least remotely funny/entertaining... he's like the tommy cooper of grime - just straight-up makes me laugh!

gumdrops

trim cd seems okay. something about it seems a bit 'lethargic' or dare i say a bit lackluster at times though. but i should hear it a few times. dont know if i can be arsed though.

got the teror danjah cd. theres maybe 2 or 3 songs on there (excluding the instrumentals which are all ace) which i think ill hear again but why is his stuff so poorly mixed when it has vocalists? or is it just my ears. and why does he say 'theyre gonna hate me' on the first two songs?! he needs to stop trying to do the super-producer 'talk on your records' thing. not a good look. think this one is going on ebay. some great beats though, i just cant hear them well enough under the vocalists.

that 2nd riko cd is quite bad i think but the first one is good.

producers need to bring out vinyl, fuck a mixtape.

Bless Beats and Hard Drive are just filler with occasional bangers.

give me space give me room
glock 19 spray your face round the room
its real out here
not a silly cartoon
black hood, white tee
my costume
jump in my gt
zim zim zoom
see me on tv
real real soon
nuff mc's wanna copy my choon
dont wanna see me blow