GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

are you dumb 3 is pretty shit

honestly im beginning to forget why i got to like jammer in the first place - destruction (the album) is all that's tying me back

petergunn

plywood violin
honestly im beginning to forget why i got to like jammer in the first place

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Flippin' fuck Spyro's latest show is good at points

For me grime's all about momentum- passing the mic, next riddim...

Except my mate played me something off Soul Food 3 recently (Ask for Trim?) and in the case of Trim its all about slowing... things... down.

edit: incidentally what is the riddim that comes in at 42 mins, intro is the funeral march on an organ? second version he plays is titch

Last edited:

faustus

in the last week, i've turned on the radio twice and both times it's been playing double s - from day (westwood on radio 1, cameo yesterday). when this tune gets a proper release it's gonna be huge, and rightly so - organ AND vocoder, united for maybe the first time ever, what more could you want?

also a couple of IDs for tracks i've been feeling - there's one i think by nasty jack (?) which has a sample going 'kill you, murder you, bury you'

and a bassline house track about a balaclava, 'dem cant see mi face', really wonky drums and t2-style bassline.

any ideas?

benjybars

village elder.
edit: incidentally what is the riddim that comes in at 42 mins, intro is the funeral march on an organ? second version he plays is titch

only listened once but i'm pretty sure that's DJ Mondie - straight riddim ... there were BARE versions of that... crazy t and jme smacked it most tho.

p.s. welcome to dissensus corpsey :)

Mr Jeg

suck your thumb
listening to that latest spyro podcast now, and seriously, he should be sponsored by pioneer. the man is a walking advertisement for just what can be done with CDJ's - extending phrases, backwards mixing, new tunes every 8 bars... an absolute beast. immense selection as well.

gonna try to make it to fwd but i fear the worst for anyone around me as spyro is going to have me brucking out like nobody's business.

bun-u

Trumpet Police
ok, strange wiley related question, in his early bars wiley says 'i've being doing this since coventry cross' - anybody knows what he means?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
are you dumb 3 is pretty shit

honestly im beginning to forget why i got to like jammer in the first place - destruction (the album) is all that's tying me back

If you need reminding listen to Logan's show from last week. Say what you will about Jammer, but the levels of energy he brings to live sets is touched by few. The set he threw down on KISS with C Gritz, Blacks and P Money was the livest I've heard on that show in a while. Usually most MCs that touch down on the show pull together one reload... Jammer and crew managed to get at least 4.

So much fun to listen to.

Get the full show here:

http://hosted.filefront.com/adamantiummusic/2208891

Also, the interview is too much. Logan asks him a question prompting Jammer to go on an adlib stream-of-consciousness rant for about a full thirty seconds ("shatupshatupshatupshatupshatupshatup YEE-AHH YEE-AHH WOOOOOOOOO OIIIIIIIIIIIII shatupshatup") leaving Logan with not much else to say other than "Are you done?"

Last edited: