GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
I've been listening to RIP Young Dot for a few days, really enjoying it. Interesting how he is quite monotone in his bars, then harmonizes his music with bits of humming, singing and sampling. Production is good, as expected.
I also bought Rotten Riddims Vol 1-6 off of emusic.com, paid about 14 pounds for 90 mp3s. Highly recommend it, although it gets a bit samey. Good to see this type of release.

yeah its the backing for the first track on the album

im also so impressed with that album. his mixtape last year was one of the best things out. he can do hooks, he can do songs, he can make beats, and he can put the studio time in.

i wish him a lot of success, much deserved

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Is anyone recording Logan sets anymore? Logan isn't putting them up on his filefront account anymore it seems.

slackk?

I heard Loges got parred huge today by Rotten and I missed it

viktorvaughn

slixrw3.jpg

Slix - Down Vol. 2 cover (Jokes)

mos dan

fact music
just want to add to the general positivity about rip young dot... same as 'the end of the beginning' - dark, different, and brilliant. loving the bits where he hums/sings too, very unsettling.

Elijah

Butterz
Came on here expecting comment on JMEs album.

I enjoyed it. Bare hate for it on grime forum, prob because we are witnessing someone go to the next level indepedently like they always promised lol.

john eden

male pale and stale
Came on here expecting comment on JMEs album.

I enjoyed it. Bare hate for it on grime forum, prob because we are witnessing someone go to the next level indepedently like they always promised lol.

ah, sorry, slipping a bit here. :eek:

Just ordered that, fuda and young dot.

From avalanche (sorry, didn't think to check grimestore! next time...)

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I didn't think Fuda Guy's mixtape was that great, tbh. He has some good bars, but he can't write a song for shit. I can't see how people are taking the piss out of Dot Rotten's singing when they've got Fuda standing there wide open practically begging for it.

There were a few good moments though: Merkery is crazy (note lack of chorus); I love how he comes to Roachee's defense against Clipper by using Roachee's bars, using them as a reminder of why he didn't dare clash him while he wasn't in prison. Cannon, though the beat is a bit uninspired, has some great bars on it too (and no chorus). I still can't get enough of the part during "Head Gone Intro" where he speaks about how he dealt crack to pay for his college degree, and when he was arrested the cops wouldn't believe him because he is taking medical microbiology. Yes, he says "medical microbiology" in the verse.

The only fully realized tune on the mixtape is 16 Writers. The rest is pretty forgettable. I have higher hopes for Slix's Down Vol. 2.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
just want to add to the general positivity about rip young dot... same as 'the end of the beginning' - dark, different, and brilliant. loving the bits where he hums/sings too, very unsettling.

yeah, why isn't there crazy hype about Dot right now? his mixtape is up there with the other two best mixtapes for me, GH's and Trim's Soulfood 3...

mos dan

fact music
yeah, why isn't there crazy hype about Dot right now?

because i haven't found time to blog about it yet? ;) dot's been top 3 selected for me for a while, i'm shamelessly fanboy-ish about his stuff ('err no' - top 3 selected riddim), even if he is a lunatic (he walked off logan's show if anyone managed to miss that).

when i blogged about his last mixtape i said he was fascinating because he seemed to have no intention or desire to cross over, that he was making such dark and unsettling music that he was destined to remain an underground favourite. thing is so many people seem to like what he's doing that he probably ought to shift a few copies of rip young dot - so good for him, i guess.

elijah, people don't really talk about jme much on here, except to either (1) talk about the bbk business model, or (2) have the same old argument about whether he is or isn't completely swag. so exactly like grimeforum really.