GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Blackdown

nexKeysound
All you Goodz blasphemers are officially fired!

You'll find your grime P45s in the post tomorrow, alongside 75 promotional CD single copies of Wiley's new single "Where's My Credibility" featuring Kate Nash and JLS, produced by Stargate.

Last edited:

Sinko

hmm, the Doogz bashing is a bit odd, top 5 ever for my money and Axiom was one of the best releases the scene has ever had, but Wiley has almost put out as much quality grime in the past few months as Doogz has in his whole career - ryder dub, off the radar, where's my brother, angry garden gnome/wreath etc. so the talk about him being past it is a bit premature. he completely disowned See Clear Now as well so to hold that against him is a bit harsh whilst he's he's still making more grime than anyone else.

viktorvaughn

All you Goodz blasphemers are officially fired!

You'll find your grime P45s in the post tomorrow, alongside 75 promotional CD single copies of Wiley's new single "Where's My Credibility" featuring Kate Nash and JLS, produced by Stargate.

Thing is to me he hasn't lost any credibility! He's such an up and down erratic character that I don't care that he's done some shitty album with mark ronson et al cos I know he'll bounce back with some hard gritty stuff on myspace or mixtapes that'll only be heard by people who seek it out...I know he will. he's compulsively creating, seems almost like an affliction, I guess it's all feeding into the Wiley myth machine but i don't mind really, he's such a rich and interesting character...

But it's true about how funny different ratings of MCs are - blaze more than u is one of my top mixtapes and some people hate it.

mos dan

fact music
lol both sides of this argument are being too harsh imo (on goodz or wiley respectively). for me goodz' post-remand stuff is sick, as are wiley's recent freestyles.

just allow the debate and have a goodz vs wiley poll already won't you? ;)

But it's true about how funny different ratings of MCs are - blaze more than u is one of my top mixtapes and some people hate it.

The amount of people I've offended by playing that Domestic Violence is unbelievable.

I was actually trying to make a mixtape of grime songs about hitting women a while back, but I only got four deep. I know I've heard more than that though.

viktorvaughn

lol both sides of this argument are being too harsh imo (on goodz or wiley respectively). for me goodz' post-remand stuff is sick, as are wiley's recent freestyles.

just allow the debate and have a goodz vs wiley poll already won't you? ;)

Wiley is much better tho innit.:cool:

viktorvaughn

The amount of people I've offended by playing that Domestic Violence is unbelievable.

I was actually trying to make a mixtape of grime songs about hitting women a while back, but I only got four deep. I know I've heard more than that though.

I do skip over that one actually. His voice and flow and cold emotional is amazing though.

The track where he talks about him mum hugging him and feeling the bullet proof vest and him later driving across four lanes of traffic on the motorway with his girl is so good, kinda bleak and gruelling. Might be just called I blaze more than u come to think of it.

It's such a bizarre CD, so glad I own it. The cover alone makes it worth the money- definitely up there with Killa Instinct in terms of horrible artwork.

I'd listen to it now but it's too cold and I've got a cold, it'd just be too bleak.

mos dan

fact music

there's one tune which is basically making rape a laugh and a joke ting, on the 'eye of the tiger' true tiger compilation, forget the track name.. fucking reprehensible, but i would say that, pc fascist that i am. it's kind of 'in role', the mc who 'doesn't care if she gives consent', but still.

just remembered: it's called 'let it go', actually a pretty good tune, questionable subject matter aside.

Dr. Benway

wasn't there some equally reprehensible Black Ops tunes along these lines? no wonder my mates wouldn't touch grime with a bargepole.

viktorvaughn

wasn't there some equally reprehensible Black Ops tunes along these lines? no wonder my mates wouldn't touch grime with a bargepole.

There are some pretty disgraceful (not in a good way) bars from musical mob MCs about getting a blowjob that uses a metaphor of coming as shooting the girls head off, you think fucking hell mate...you're only about 17 can't you just enjoy it?

In other news
event-010209.gif

Stupidatoire garnier line-up

petergunn

plywood violin
There are some pretty disgraceful (not in a good way) bars from musical mob MCs about getting a blowjob that uses a metaphor of coming as shooting the girls head off, you think fucking hell mate...you're only about 17 can't you just enjoy it?

In other news
event-010209.gif

"ho's don't mean shit to us, unless they want to bang, bang, bang"

gabriel

The Heatwave
i heard a riddim a couple of months ago produced by DJ Target (i think? maybe danny weed?) that was like 115-120bpm, with voicings from wiley, kano and a couple of other people i can't remember. it was on someone's radio show, i think on 1xtra but can't really remember ... does that ring any bells for anyone, can't for the life of me remember what it was called or where i heard it to track it down

thanks! :D

In other news
event-010209.gif

Ah, Rugrat & Dizzman you horrible bastards, how I miss you so.
That line-up is fucked.

i heard a riddim a couple of months ago produced by DJ Target (i think? maybe danny weed?) that was like 115-120bpm, with voicings from wiley, kano and a couple of other people i can't remember. it was on someone's radio show, i think on 1xtra but can't really remember ... does that ring any bells for anyone, can't for the life of me remember what it was called or where i heard it to track it down

thanks! :D

Too Many Man by Boy Better Know, maybe?

edit- of course it's She's Glowing.

Last edited:

msoes

someone finally put the meridian crew shooting episode of murder blues up on youtube
pretty compulsive viewing

cameos from big h, pres t, skepta and of course bossman

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.

Tanadan

likes things
someone finally put the meridian crew shooting episode of murder blues up on youtube
pretty compulsive viewing

cameos from big h, pres t, skepta and of course bossman

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.

Wow. The bit at 6:00 in the last one where he... well, I don't wanna give it away if you haven't seen, I think the power comes from watching the whole thing before hand, but that chills me, thats so moving.