GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

mos dan

fact music
edit:
listening to Blacks free christmas mixtape now, sounds great (didnt like his mixtape that much though)

got a link for this? agree on hungry season, that shit was dark in a really compelling way.

i love dot rotten and all those related south mcs, but i didn't really like OG season: there were too many shit non-choruses, just five guys mumbling tunelessly is sonic kryptonite to me. i'd rather have a proper chorus (a la some of wiley's recent stuff) or none at all, and keep it to rotating 16s..

viktorvaughn

I would rather have an hour of prime wiley on a desert island than everything goodz has ever done. Too long and doesn't really grab you.

luka

doogz is a sad case in a way, hes got everything he needs to be an amazing mc, except the voice. that thin amalgm of ja/us/waltham forest. its a great shame i think.

Concur completely. The accent changes a lot as well; compare this to his older flows and it's a bit odd.

Closer to now, that Semtex set and even igrime, he's all over the place. In the space of a year?

This 7 minute dub idea has completely backfired as well, I think. He could have really done some damage at 3 minutes and some quality control.

Shame, though, I like Doogz a lot.

benjybars

village elder.
doogz is a sad case in a way, hes got everything he needs to be an amazing mc, except the voice. that thin amalgm of ja/us/waltham forest. its a great shame i think.

thank you!!

why doesn't everyone see this??!!?//

is accent is SO BAIT.

viktorvaughn

Goods did used to have the voice though! He has lost it. When he sounded hard hard london touched with jamaica he was amazing, diamond tough unstoppable flow.

Last edited:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
wft is all this Goodz bashing about?

in a scene of wanna-be's the man's a genius, top 3 selected! i'll allways be a die-hard wiley fan but the man's well past his best, lyrically and production wise. compare the "E3 tiger..." days and Eskimo, Ice Rink or Ground Zero to all this Mark Ronson cobblers. Goodz by constrast is just beginning to peak...

in a scene of wanna-be's the man's a genius, top 3 selected! i'll allways be a die-hard wiley fan but the man's well past his best, lyrically and production wise. compare the "E3 tiger..." days and Eskimo, Ice Rink or Ground Zero to all this Mark Ronson cobblers. Goodz by constrast is just beginning to peak...

I rate Doogz but you can't deny the accent issues.

And besides, Wiley's recent output (Off The Radar, "...Brother", Oxford Street etc) is the best stuff he's done in a long time.

benjybars

village elder.

hmm... i wouldn't remotely agree that wiley is past his best lyrically (when doing grime). not at all. the last 2 years have arguably been his best on the mic.

as for goodz, he peaked when he vocalled the jammer remix of Pulse X.
i haven't understood ANY of the hype around him since he came back with Axiom.

seriously, look back on this thread and i've said the same thing - most overated MC in the game. :p

hint

party record with a siren
I think Goodz and Wiley are currently both on the best form they've ever been on as MCs, but Goodz is flat out a better lyricist and more naturally talented... I'd say that's undeniable, but opinions on Grime MCs are bizarre sometimes.

yes...

...but opinions on Grime MCs are bizarre sometimes.

I do remember on here...

Bruza is better than Rakim

LMFAO

you lot always go through the same cycle of praise and hype one minute than finding ways and reasons to strip down the praise and hype. well unless its Wiley...no matter how much he's exposed

and to think nuff you of don't like hipsters?

its like being in secondary school

out

john eden

male pale and stale
opinions on Grime MCs are bizarre sometimes.

I think the thing with accents is very personal - I got no problem with Goodz or Jammer but I can see why other people might not like them.

On the other hand I have no time for dancehall deejay Tiger, much to the consternation of people like Droid and Martin who know their onions... and I never really "got" Ghetto.

viktorvaughn

Wiley is as good lyrically as ever.

I can't remember the last amazing beat he made however but have kinda written him off as beatmaker in my head. He still has those amazing phrases and weird non sequiturs and BAGS of character which i do not get from Goodz.

I agree with Benjy the Pulse X freestyle (and Gimme Dat and Back to School or whatever it was caleld telling people to stay in school and the old wiley slews) were his peak. Having US flavour in your voice is unforgivable, sounded rubbish for B Live and not doing goodz any favours no matter what verbal gymnastics he pulls off. (Also versatile in Funky anthem??)