GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

If there was a decent infrastructure to promote Grime music, nobody would have to make music like that.

Actually, why should anyone make music like that

grime people just need to somehow - if its not too late - try and do something like what dubstep has done. dubstep never had any major deals but its done well.

shit tune is a shit tune though. theres no excuse for that.

continuum

smugpolice
grime people just need to somehow - if its not too late - try and do something like what dubstep has done. dubstep never had any major deals but its done well.

shit tune is a shit tune though. theres no excuse for that.

Funky house is grime doing something similar to what dubstep has done.
Kano is a fucking disaster. Got too many 'yes' men and women around him I'm guessing and is happy to go along with it all. He needs to do another Boys Love Girls.

gumdrops

i dunno who he has in his camp but i cant imagine he has any great ideas of his own anyway. BUT if he finally gets that big hit that he wants, then hey, good for him. if hes going to do songs like this, he should at least do well otherwise its more embarassing. all these tracks about being rock n roll from bizzle, kano or whoever are really just tragic though. no shame.

i dunno what to add about grime being succesful or not. i feel sorry for the horse at this point. reason i mentioned dubstep rather than funky is cos grime has a bit more in common with dubstep - dark, moody, not really crossover friendly. but still, dubstep artists never seemed to care much about crossing over and look what happened...

gumdrops

i liked those bleeding/hurting bars. they were pretty hardcore.

but i like new jokier/funnier dizzee too.

apart from bloody bonkers obv and when hes dumbing down his flow - like, dumb down your content a it if you must, but dont do it to the flow plz.

all about the girl in the (brill) advert saying u dun know.

i love the way hes marketing himself at the mo. he seems to have pitched it perfectly. shame he didnt do a bit more for the gens but theres always d doubles album....

Last edited:

gumdrops

just read that guardian piece.

bit of a boring thing to blog about, and those lyrics are hardly the most sexist lyrics ive heard, though was a bit surprised at the sheer git-ness of some of them. must have passed me by. though hey, thats what hip hop lyricism is all about innit? and theyre not terrible as far as those sorts of lyrics go though. but the old bleeding/hurting bars are still more imaginative - dizzee should be trying to top his old 'sexist' lyrics really :p. bizarre tho to read people still harping on about how it would be better if all rappers talked about was socially conscious issues.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Arrgh. First Skepta using "Frere Jacques" now So Solid Kids with a Chuckle Brothers flow. *shudder* You betta hope I'm joking... this is probably ludic or summat.

Krasner

there is literally nothing about that track that isn't completely repulsive. i hadn't listened to it yet because the title put me off so much, but... jesus christ..

"I'm the elvis of the scene"

I'm not sure what's worse, the music or the video. What's with the weird silhouettes in underwear? Why is he dressed like a terrible topman model? Why can't he even learn how to use Autotune well? So many questions and the saddest thing is it probably won't even do well.

CrowleyHead

it depends, what are your criteria?? lol

Well, it's quite simple really. With Grime, dudes from Grime defected to the greener pasture of Hip-Hop in order to be more readily accepted, specifically Lethal and Kano spring to mind. They may be grime artists, but essentially little they've released in the past few years qualifies as grime in it's original form. Sure, we could argue there's no real laws as to what counts as grime is and isn't, but... To be more bluntly, aside from P's And Q's, how many videos has Kano done for his GRIME tunes?

In the case of dubstep however, as the genre was forming, it slowly got eroded by interlopers. No old-school garage MCs who couldn't make the transition to grime got exed out, the same for hip-hop artists trying to grime. For dubstep however, a bunch of electro and D&B producers just moved in and rewrote the game. Now you have a bunch of dubstep producers wandering about somewhat clueless, just trying to fit in their own neighborhood.

benjybars

village elder.
yeah i was gonna write about Scorcher other day after listening to a few old Axe Fm sets from 05..

it so painfully easy now to forget how good he was.

every bar was pure fire. one of the best flows of all time..... and then he just started making the baitest hip-hop in the history of bait hip-hop.

brings a tear to the eye.