GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

gumdrops

i bumped into target from roll deep yesterday and he said that roll deep hadnt in fact, been kicked off rinse

benjybars

village elder.
captain easychord said:
anyone else feeling the duppy vocal?

I just listened back to logan's show and heard dis... it's basically a bit shit isn't it?? a beat dat good deserves much better bars than "i am a tiger i am a tiger tiger"... shame.

gumdrops

benjybars said:
I just listened back to logan's show and heard dis... it's basically a bit shit isn't it?? a beat dat good deserves much better bars than "i am a tiger i am a tiger tiger"... shame.

wont be the first time weve had that scenario in grime!

benjybars

village elder.
captain easychord said:
the chorus is the best part.

actually, i reckon jammer's bars are the best part..dat's even more worrying ;) (actually i think jammer's improving. who's heard the marxman freestyle?? big tune! kind of a rip-off of 'gangsters', but in a good way.)

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Duppy vocal = a club tune.

Not a "listen to through your white in-ear headfones on your iPod while typing up your blog" tune. ;)

And it got 3 reloads at Eskimo Dance, so it did it's job.

Roll Deep have been indefinitely suspended from their Sunday show. They have not technically been kicked off Rinse.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
All things going to plan, I should have 2 records back from the pressing plant today:

Wiley - Gangsterz (Vocal & Instrumental)

and the "Rubble EP" from a young producer called Ripperman whos music I have been supporting for a while.

I uploaded a little preview zip file if anyone wants to check it out. There's a DOK Aftershock remix of the title track "Rubble" on there for the Aftershock fans on the board ;)

http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0G4D2HJMS7JWX2MVDOE0OURUIX

Both will be available as promos in limited quantities through Uptown, Rhythm, Mixing, Independance, UK Record Shop.com and Juno hopefully this Saturday, if Music House get them back to me in time!

club tunes always = turn your brain off music

Logan Sama said:
Duppy vocal = a club tune.

Not a "listen to through your white in-ear headfones on your iPod while typing up your blog" tune. ;)

And it got 3 reloads at Eskimo Dance, so it did it's job.

Roll Deep have been indefinitely suspended from their Sunday show. They have not technically been kicked off Rinse.

what did they do apart from not turn up at all last week and get north and west mans to spit?

Immryr

Faction G

Hmm i really am trying to like faction g. But i find his voice, particularly the way he puts emphasis on words, pretty annoying.

Jezmi

Olli Oliver Steichelsmein
Immryr said:
Hmm i really am trying to like faction g. But i find his voice, particularly the way he puts emphasis on words, pretty annoying.

I agree, it only works for me on his ´WMDs´ song.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Gangsterz and Eskiboy are available on vinyl from all good record shops. And if your local store doesnt have either of them tell them to email me on the address below and I shall remedy the situation for them.

gumdrops

this post seems to have gone a bit dead of as of late. is there nothing new and good in grime? since i lost my radio i havent been able to hear any pirates anymore so have been clueless about whats going on in grime for the last month or two.... am still waiting for the newham gens mixtape but something tells me that wont be coming for quite some time

S

simon silverdollar

Blackdown said:
apart from fuck radio, anyone got any good source of rinse recordings? i've not heard any lately.

not really. the downloads that do the rounds on the forums seem to be off the rinse internet live stream, which is always bizarrely fuzzy and low quality. really pisses me off how shit rinse reception is nowadays, especially now they've moved it to 100.2, so it sits almost right on top of kiss.

C

captain easychord

i think they're mostly from the rinsefm forum, there's this room that you need special access for where everyone uploads sets.