GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Simon78

The first half of the year had a load of good releases but the last couple of months have been pretty dry. I'm looking forward to the EP Merky Ace has got coming out with this on it

Not really sure what else is planned tbh? Spooky has an ep coming out which I'll get and that CD of old Ruff Sqwad instrumentals should appear at some point. Other than that...?

I agree that Dancehall had a good year.

Pandiculate

Rival has a new EP out next week, as well as a new Terror Danjah release on Hyperdub. The Moony EP with "I'm A UK G" on it is out in December along with Spooky - Rusty Bell, and the Merky Ace EP. That's the stuff I have on my Calendar.

TRU_G

I wouldn't say Grime had a bad year at all...the complete disassociation of Grime MCs doing pop and the actual Grime scene...return of aggressive style spitting Rival, Kozzie, Merky, Marger....return of LOTM (apparently)

I have bought more grime vinyl this year than the two years prior, mainly thanks to Elijah and the Butterz crew, but also Logans newest Earth 616 sampler, the plainface sampler and of course Oil Gang bits (whatever happened to Oil Gang)

edit: and all the Hyperdub releases Terror Danjah, D.O.K, Walton etc.

Last edited:

Elijah

Butterz
Well, on paper I'm hopeful about guys like Merky Ace, Kozzie, Lil Nasty, Maxsta, etc. Aren't you?

They all have released this year apart from Maxsta who got signed and hasnt done any Grime since.

I wouldnt say the MC options have improved since I have started getting noticed as a DJ, if anything they have got worse.

Music wise, creatively its still interesting, check the 4 hour show we did.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
They all have released this year apart from Maxsta who got signed and hasnt done any Grime since.

I wouldnt say the MC options have improved since I have started getting noticed as a DJ, if anything they have got worse.

Music wise, creatively its still interesting, check the 4 hour show we did.

Yeah, I know they've released music, I just wasn't overly impressed with it, especially given it was virtually all I had to deal with. Everything just felt a little flat to me, including my expectations for Lord of the Mics 3. What was the defining tune of this year? Pow 2011? I really hope not.

I'll give your mix a listen to though, there is probably a bunch of stuff I missed out on out because of general disillusionment.

Last edited:

gremino

Moster Sirphine
Sick Boy, you should also give a change for Spooky's radio shows, they're full of hype: http://spookybizzle.com/

instrumental grime is going strong right now with the 8bar revival. it might not be anything breaking new, but some of it are damn good! especially if good dj like Spooky is mixing and bringing hype.

spookybizzle

passing through quickly

click HERE for my latest Deja Vu FM show from last Monday featuring Wariko & a couple Nottingham youngers JayEye & Shadow then Jammer and Diesle crash the show towards the end for some Lord Of The Mics style segment

click HERE for D Power's latest Deja Vu FM show with myself Spooky B2B D.O.K B2B Dan Gar Dan (N.A.A) with Diesle, Wariko, Killa P, Big Narstie, L.Man, Typah, Dreama, Rampz, Infamous, JayEye, Shadow & more on mic

click HERE for the D Power 7th Nov Deja Vu FM show with myself Spooky B2B D.O.K feat Dielse, Chronik, Jamakabi, Killa P, Rage, Lex, Typah, Dreama & Locksmyth on mic

my Rusty Bell EP drops on Monday... the Amazon link is in place already so click HERE for that

Is it going to be on Junodownload or preferably Boomkat? I want to buy abroad and in FLACs.

once ive hit my 3rd release i shall change digital distributors so i can release stuff on Juno and include the back catalogue as well

*URGENT* catch me at The Nest, Dalston N16 THIS SUNDAY 20TH NOVEMBER for the R1 Ryders 'Pole Position EP' Launch Party where i will be going back 2 back with Mak 10 and its FREE ENTRY ALL NIGHT so come on down and dance off your Sunday roast. click HERE for more info on who else is down there.

otherwise: Mondays 6-8pm on DejaVuFM.com & catch me B2B Rude Kid @ Cable this coming Friday 25th Nov

Last edited:

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I'm also a bit unclear on the whole Grimeforum Awards thing as well. From what I can tell, they are giving out awards at the end of 2011 for accomplishments made in 2010? Confusing.

rubberdingyrapids

Darkside Pioneer is finished apparently.

Just waiting on Fire and Smoke and Stranger Returns now.

deadpan + ridiculous OTT violence and threats = lol. good tune though. i prefer terminator to someone like giggs when it comes to uk jeezy-ish mcs.
im looking fwd to the merky ace ep. that tune slackk posted is big. i miss grime tracks like that. just all out hysteria on the mic.

Last edited:

outraygeous

Terminators CD will be the first grime CD I will buy

I think I might buy two copies.

Wonder if he is playing football again

Roshman

I wouldn't say Grime had a bad year at all...the complete disassociation of Grime MCs doing pop and the actual Grime scene...return of aggressive style spitting Rival, Kozzie, Merky, Marger....return of LOTM (apparently)

I have bought more grime vinyl this year than the two years prior, mainly thanks to Elijah and the Butterz crew, but also Logans newest Earth 616 sampler, the plainface sampler and of course Oil Gang bits (whatever happened to Oil Gang)

edit: and all the Hyperdub releases Terror Danjah, D.O.K, Walton etc.

I bought that Plainface Sampler for one track, Stevo - Pomp Pomp Does anyone know anything about this guy? Any future releases / other tracks he has?

Terminators CD will be the first grime CD I will buy

I think I might buy two copies.

Wonder if he is playing football again

Not sure if someone posted this already but a relevant and hilarious thread.