GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Blackdown

nexKeysound
THink its the same one im on about, but i love how Devilman is smiling and grinning all the way through it cos he know hes blatently getting merked! Even before the clash starts he has this sort of nervous grin saying 'well it is skepta....!'

Even Skeptas simple bars like 'Devilman aint on my level man' killed it.

it's here if people haven't seen it. so painfully one sided, skepta isnt even trying. where is the venue?

mms

sometimes
it's here if people haven't seen it. so painfully one sided, skepta isnt even trying. where is the venue?

it looks to me like one of those vaults under the arches at london bridge station area.

devilman looks lost on that, skepta and his bro have natural confidence for days.

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
Thanks so much for this, it's great.

I really like Devilman actually, great lyrics about weighing up drugs, where skepta "thought four and half was an ounce" or something. Skepta unquestionably merks it though. Love the bit about "Devilman wouldn't even jump over the train barrier".

gumdrops

lengthy review of semtex/best of newham gens/guns n roses 2in the new wire... doesnt predict great things for grime in the long run. theres an interview in the new hip hop connection with semtex as well where he er, doesnt predict great things for grime in the long run either. but then i dont think hes ever really liked it that much anyway. whether its cos dizzee asks him to or what, i dont know, but he seems to spin only stateside hip hop before and during the shows where hes deejaying for dizzee.

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Well good on him.

He's just looking out for number 1.

I don't see how GNR2 can get a less than glowing review even in something like the Wire. It's a fantastic CD

hyperfrank

Wild Horses
semtex as well where he er, doesnt predict great things for grime in the long run either. but then i dont think hes ever really liked it that much anyway.
So why has he just released the compilation cd 'Grimewave'? if he doesnt predict much. I actually thought this cd wasnt anything different from what ive heard before. Most of the tracks on there are out dated by far and are mixed in the most atrocious fashion.

1. Murkle Man-Jammer [Semtex Special]
2. Stand Up Tall-Dizzee Rascal
3. Creeper-Cage 'N' Weed
4. Pow (Forward)-Lethal Bizzle
5. Mic Check 1-2-Kano [Remix]
6. I Can C U-Crazy Titch
7. Bogeyman-Trim Feat. Wiley, Riko, Footsie And D Double E
8. Warp Speed-Flirta D
9. Drinking Beer-Bearman
10. Hype! Hype!-SLK
11. No!-Lethal Bizzle Feat. Fire Camp
12. When I'm 'Ere-Roll Deep
13. Rude Boy-Regal Players [Remix]
14. What We Do-Kray Twinz Feat. Twista, Lethal B & Gappy Ranks
15. Gangsterz-Wiley
16. Signal-D Double E
17. Marxman-Jammer
18. Call My Name-Wonder & Sway
19. L Man-J Sweet Feat. L Man

Has anyone else got hold of this and what are your thoughts on the selection of the tracks?

Last edited:

gumdrops

heres dizzee on that late night music programme on channel 4, sporting humongous shades.

new song lemon (or something):

heres the interview where he says hes working with geenus and footsie and shy fx on the next album:

http://www.rwdmag.com/articles/fullstory.php?&sid=&id=2965

im glad he getting some beats from geeneus. he also says hes gonna be on the next UGK album which should be interesting...

Last edited:

luka

westwoods been playing the chamillionaire remix for a few weeks. its not exciting though. just the old song with an average dizzee verse added on.

gumdrops

What ever happened to the Riko mixtape? Did that just not happen? It's been rumored for ages.

someone on the rwd forums said that geeneus and riko scrapped what they had as it was 'old'. i hope not though, cos the stuff that logans played was brilliant.