GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

tom pr

i still can't get over nu-look discarda. this could be the start of a whole new grime trend where dogzilla buys some skinny jeans and scum dave gets a morrissey quiff.

simon silverdollar reckons we should interview him about it. ideally it would start 'so discarda, what was it that made you dress like a fassy?', but this is probably a bad idea.

DISCARDA'S OUT!

m_33070e59a0b3944a3102e37dcdb5dcb7.jpg

NOT IN THAT WAY IN THE OTHER WAY!

http://www.myspace.com/discarda

new tunes on there and a 20 minute set

Damn this is without a doubt the biggest look in grime! it's practically byronic.

Influences: Pub men
Sounds Like: Angry pub man

:cool:

gumdrops

saw BBK at fabric last night. was okay. did a PA type set, just the 'hits', so no qualms, duppy, shut ya muhh, etc. was cool seeing them there (skepta in a light blue suit) and getting hype, and the crowd getting hype, but the set was just a bit boring. very stop and start. not enough momentum. i wish mcs wd put together a setlist rather than just do a song then take about five years before the next one starts. was more interested in them doing a rave-style set which they did do twice, but it only lasted about 5-10 mins each time. jammer was there, frisco, and some others. not bad all in all, but just a bit ramshackle. grime rave sets>>>grime 'concerts'.

Noog Shot!

Just posting a topic to peddle my CD.

I've started a new grime label to hopeully release some DJ mixes and sets etc. This is the first release, it's a compilation of some new/some old and some exclusive/some not exclusive tracks.

It's only available at ukrecordshop at the moment. Cheers.

FinalCoverBleedFron66t5.jpg

viktorvaughn

So what's the verdict on Riko's 'The Truth' then?

Just need Scratchy to do a mixtape and then all the best Roll Deepers will have done proper solo work.

Immryr

at random points during the day i find myself saying NOT IN THAT WAY, IN THE OTHER WAY in discarda's voice (in my head) and have to stop myself cracking up.

gumdrops

i thought rikos mixtape was delayed? dont think mine has come yet. id love for trim to do a mixtape with scratchy producing it all with more beats like trim n scratch but i doubt itll ever happen.

Cornflake

Kano saying he's coming back to his grime roots is a bit of a laugh. After trying so hard to distance himself from the scene when he did his mainstream albums he figured out what dizzee hasnt.

mos dan

fact music
Ghetts going on sick on Logan's show this week.

the album track i caught sounded good and profesh, but he's still too fast and skippy for me to really get into. i like the fact he goes on so energetically when freestyling, but his tunes never quite catch fire for me.

"skepta how did you kill him like that / when he's skipping all over the riddim like that?"

i hope freedom of speech does well though - i wonder how much it's expected to sell? rwd received wisdom was always that his mixtapes sold very well.

tomd

penis like a micromachine
he's still too fast and skippy for me to really get into. i like the fact he goes on so energetically when freestyling, but his tunes never quite catch fire for me.

I feel exactly what your saying. There a track from the album posted on hyperfrank called 'whos got'. He spits with some really exagerated, angry tone. Sounds silly to me. He also claims wiley and skepta dont have bars!? I love both these mc's for their flow, but also their tone on the mic. As wiley put it

"just gimme a beat and let me ride it.. because i dont wanna murk it, im not a murker"

Ghetto is just angry hype. Given when I was 14-15 this music would have been better then sliced bread. Dissing BBK like that? Hope we hear a reply.

tom pr

He's been dissing them for ages and taking shots at Tinchy, and it's getting a bit boring now. that whole brouhaha peaked with Nightbus Dubplate and everything since has felt pointless, especially seeing as Ghetto seems a lot more interested in keeping it up than anyone from BBK does. i don't know if i'm going to bother with Freedom of Speech; I like The Mountain but I can't see myself ever getting through an entire album of Ghetto...

mos dan

fact music
Ghetto is just angry hype.

yeah i agree, but in a way it's more specific than that - it must be, because tempz is one of my personal top 10 grime mcs, and he is 'just' angry hype (and omg is he good). it's the toothy, skippy, often inaudible speed of ghetto's flow that puts me off. as i say though i have nothing against him really, and i enjoyed the clash with bbk on logan's show.

i was listening to nightbus dubplate the other day for the first time in months. CHRIST. we don't say it often enough, that guy is a fucking genius.