GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

jimitheexploder

I can't stop playin 'Still Gonna Miss' on the Wiley Zips. No idea how he made a line refrancing Pixie Lott into a killer grime hook but he did... and thats why we love Wiley. Its that beat that kills it, but he's on fire with the flow and all.

Gonna be diggin thru this for a while.

Benny Bunter

Yeah Still Gonna miss me is amazing. This is such a goldmine, almost like the the grime equivalent of Lil Wayne's 'Drought' mixtapes or something. There's a few brilliant instrumentals on here too, I wish he'd produce more.

EDIT: 'Aim High'! - What a tune!

Last edited:

Elijah

Butterz
score5 show is well worth downloading.
my main complaint with a lot of more puristy grime is that its uptempo (check), aggressive (check), but its a bit formulaic. you can kinda predict the 'grime banger' direction its going to take. feels a bit autopilot. wish i could give an example but i dont know half the tune titles on sets. this isnt really a slight at score 5, just a random observation.
but that crimson track he plays is pretty sick, i cant lie.
and the dentist anecdote made me lol a little.

yea i agree fully with this. Up to the DJs to get a range though init. Producers are allowed to be one trick ponys but DJs should balance all the styles in the mix for variety init

Simon78

Spooky - Zip Files

2wc3aly.jpg

Download

Cornflake

I don't think wiley was far off when he said that this will get us till the end of the year lol

Anyways, when it comes to the gonzo sample...look no further than gonzo himself lol

Damien

eh I dl'ed all 11 zipfiles and I can't find these tracks that have been mentioned here:

flippin from the gut
aim high
playground freestyle

what's gannin on? Are these all from one zipfile that I might have missed or something?

Benny Bunter

Aim high and playground freestyle are on 5, flipping from the gut is on 3.

RE: Gonzo. Cant believe I didn't spot that one, knew I'd heard it somewhere, lol...

Last edited:

gremino

Moster Sirphine
There's alot of think breaks and even one "hardcore" track (Mz Brat feat. Wiley - Loose You) in those Wiley tracks.

RE grime's being formulaic: Isn't tracky grime still for mcs? Or if not, then they should IMO be played as dj-tools, like Spyro is doing. It's the same problem like in tracky techno - deejaying it well takes some skills.

Leo

anyone want to recommend the best one or two of the wiley zips? i imagine each one has both good stuff and filler, just curious which ones people like the most.

i've DLed zip 1, nice!

alec.tron

Creature of Meat and Hair
Spooky - Zip Files

wows & bows, thanks a ton!
this is awesome beyond words from Oil Gang/Spooky, so this is no criticism at all, but out of curiousity - how come it's randomly mixed 320s & 160s kbps mp3s...? any reason or just random coincidence ?

c.

Simon78

wows & bows, thanks a ton!
this is awesome beyond words from Oil Gang/Spooky, so this is no criticism at all, but out of curiousity - how come it's randomly mixed 320s & 160s kbps mp3s...? any reason or just random coincidence ?

c.

Nothing to do with me. I guess he got influenced by the Wiley ones and got some of his tunes out there as well? No idea about the bit rate thing either sorry, its good there are some 320's so people can play them out though.

I haven't heard a load of these before. Really into Moondance, Fatal Attractioon, Daisy Chain & Boiling Point Riddim.

Ach!

Turd on the Run
IIIIIMMMMMMM (Instrumental), sounds quite Aphexy

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Fundamental

On the Zip files there is a dubstep track by Blue Bear instrumental... it is Proffessor Green tune now he has been playing it in sets. I think it went through Kano and then to Wiley vocalled it and then ended with Prof Green, typical scene politics. Like when Wiley passed up on Bonkers (I'd love to hear a version by him...) Worth checking out coz in between the token wobble bit there is sick deep/gazey breakdown sections.

Anyone else severely disappointed with 99% of the zips?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Anyone else severely disappointed with 99% of the zips?

It all depends on what you were expecting. As a more general fan of grime, I'd agree that there isn't much worth listening to in all the nine-odd hours of material he gave away. As a "world-weary Wileyologist" (credit to Dan Hancox), this is analogous to finding Franz Kafka's shopping lists in a bin.