GRIME- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Really good interview that, I read it when you put it on Grime Forum the other day. Is there a link to hear the new version of Street Fighter anywhere?

No mate I don't think so. Anyone that ups radio versions on youtube gets them removed by DS. The label are keeping it tight!

Safe for the comments too, good to see that proper interviews with Grime artists are still valued by some!

Well that sounded unecessarily snitty mate. The label manager of Dirtee Stank said to me Wiley didn't get Bonkers first and that Dizzee got it from AVH directly.

Then why not say that?
I'm a bit wary of that idea because the instrumental was getting battered before the tune came out by more than one DJ, it's called "Mars". So the idea that he couldn't have gotten his hands on it isn't necessarily accurate.

Not sending, just a statement.

mos dan

fact music

if u want to try my ting then come new cross se fourteen

is there really a lost essentials album? after they got back together and did so much better, btu before they then split up again..?

BareBones

wheezy
Wiley Zip 8 - 09 point to prove

heard this on scratcha's grimey breakfast this morning, was wicked. I still can't get zip 8 to unzip, i think i'm being well stupid, can someone tell me how to do it please? I'm deleting the "....." from the file name but i still get the error about not finding the path specified. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks for this and the DTA mix, I had a first listen to it yesterday and really liked the two Lil Nasty tunes, the one by Kozzie and Heat Up by Scrufizzer as well.

Any news on doing a Dirty Canvas night with these MC's?

The Spooky EP is out on digital today if anyone was waiting for the mp3s? links

We're starting a NHNH night from september for up and coming MCs like Scrufizzer and Kozzie and Djs like Spooky as its hard to fit them on a DC line up in a big club until they have a big tune

petergunn

plywood violin
Then why not say that?
I'm a bit wary of that idea because the instrumental was getting battered before the tune came out by more than one DJ, it's called "Mars". So the idea that he couldn't have gotten his hands on it isn't necessarily accurate.

Not sending, just a statement.

Mars is by fake blood, no?

bun-u

Trumpet Police

if u want to try my ting then come new cross se fourteen

is there really a lost essentials album? after they got back together and did so much better, btu before they then split up again..?

ha, I commissioned that track when working in NX 'projects', it's from around 2004/5

Simon78

We're starting a NHNH night from september for up and coming MCs like Scrufizzer and Kozzie and Djs like Spooky as its hard to fit them on a DC line up in a big club until they have a big tune

Sounds great, exactly what I want to go to. Just Jam is alright but its midweek and a bit dull inside.

Webstarr

Grime needs this, it will give artists a chance to improve their performance aswell which is important. Don't want another situation like P Money early on where he was a sick emcee but was inexperienced with a live crowd

Grime needs this, it will give artists a chance to improve their performance aswell which is important. Don't want another situation like P Money early on where he was a sick emcee but was inexperienced with a live crowd

Yeah thats exactly the point, at the moment people like Maxsta are going to important events like BBC T in the park with very little live experience.

outraygeous

Live grime performances and performing tracks are two different things.

You can learn the latter, the other is just a vibe.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
What did everyone here think of Ghetto's latest offering? I'm only on my second listen, but I think it might be his worst to date. My problem with Ghetto is that for all his technical proficiency when it comes to flows, he seems to be really unusually stupid. A kind of angrier Mos Def. I'm not saying you've gotta be Yeats to be an MC, but if you're going to wink and nudge at everyone everytime you drop a simile or metaphor, you might have to try a little harder than "I'm hard like a penny" or the now-classic, "I'm from a place where deaths are fatal."

Also it's a shame that at the beginning of the album he suggests that we were fools to think he was just a war MC and then the best two tracks on the album (by far) end up being "Destruction of the Eiffel Tower" and "All Black Winter".