Incident at FWD>> - What happened?

Plasticman

Paul Hotflush said:
It might lead to middle of the road music in some situations, however it can also lead to hours of self indulgent wank, while the crowd stand around scratching their heads. As a DJ you have to take your audience into account. If you don't then you're a cunt.

But surely before it is the DJ's job to entertain, it is the promoter's job to book artists that they believe will entertain their crowd??

nine

variable spray
leave your guardian at the door

Paul Hotflush said:
As a DJ you have to take your audience into account. If you don't then you're a cunt.

i cant believe you're using a word for female anatomy in such a fashion. . .what century is this?

anyway, what if the audience is full of them?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
nine said:
i cant believe you're using a word for female anatomy in such a fashion. . .what century is this?

anyway, what if the audience is full of them?

Um, 21st century...I know a lot of women who use the word for female genitalia in that fashion. In fact, in the same way as they (and I) use words for male gentalia.

Audiences full of cunts are never ideal, let's face it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
In fact, all-time favourite quote (maybe sm can tell me to whom it should be attributed): "I don't like using the word, but some people just ARE cunts."

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
bassnation said:
yep, i've seen promoters pull djs from the decks when that happens. "educating the crowd" should always come after entertaining them first.

Was reading an entertaining story about the promoter at Space in Ibiza pulling the Chems from the decks cos their sound didn't fit with the crowd at the club. V brave man.

As for the whole grime/dubstep crossover thing, from what I've seen of Rossi B & Luca's setlists, aren't they doing just that at the moment?

Blackdown

nexKeysound
while djing, a long time ago, i got asked 'got anything good?'

hats off to the girl, because that question is a KO blow.
because, given she'd witnessed a fair part of my set, the only answer was: 'clearly not.'

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Blackdown said:
while djing, a long time ago, i got asked 'got anything good?'

hats off to the girl, because that question is a KO blow.
because, given she'd witnessed a fair part of my set, the only answer was: 'clearly not.'

Just like heckling a stand-up with "Got any jokes?".

Woebot

Pearsall said:
get tae fuck, pal :p

dont quite know where this came from?

i dont know if you know Pearsall but nine (aka Kode9) is from Glasgow. It looked like he asked a fairly straightforward question as to whether you were being pointed (I dont think you necessarily were, though maybe you'd clear that up) and we have ourselves a mini ruckus.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd sort this out in an email exchange. So I'm going to send Pearsall nine's address.

Woebot

WOEBOT said:
dont quite know where this came from?

i dont know if you know Pearsall but nine (aka Kode9) is from Glasgow. It looked like he asked a fairly straightforward question as to whether you were being pointed (I dont think you necessarily were, though maybe you'd clear that up) and we have ourselves a mini ruckus.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd sort this out in an email exchange. So I'm going to send Pearsall nine's address.

turns out i completely misunderstood this exchange.

only intervened after misunderstanding a missive from nine pertaining to other matters here on the board.

my sincere apologies to pearsall.