Dissensus Anniversary

polystyle

Cheers

Happy Birthday ,
Cheers all
the best (and possibly, worst) is yet to come ( jus covering all bets here)
Thanks Matt , mods , everyone

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah, thanks a lot to Woebot and co for running this for everyone. Don't get too drunk when you celebrate...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Continues to be a forum for intriguing and well-informed discussion, with an enviable roll-call of posters. Considering that most people probably came here initially via the ILM board, Dissensus has been successful in fulfilling a very different set of criteria to that forum: that's to say, if I want 100 recommendations of records to buy, I'll go to ILM, but if I want intelligent debate or a heads-up on what's happening in London, I'll come straight here.

Thanks to all those who keep it running. Best site on the Web? It's up there...

polystyle

I hear that Baboon

Looking back , Dissensus year 2 had a little 'different face' from say , year 1 ,
change in tone(s) .
Doesn't it feel deeper and wider now ?
seems to feel settled /settling morphing into more free form threads &
'searching for answers' modes into mid to longer term deeper and denser ways
A lot of info in those threads Dissensians aggregate resources

nomos

Administrator
2 already! They grow up so quickly these days. I think it's the hormones in the milk.

Thanks Matt!

enneff

Andrew
Well done and congratulations on maintaining the fine community that exists here.

I've not seen it described anywhere, so I'll ask here: What was it that prompted the formation of Dissensus? I can remember being told by a friend years ago that "ILM sucks now... Dissensus is where its at," having no idea what he was talking about. Since I'm the guy has operated ILM since late 2002, I should probably take note of these things. I've gathered that it seems to be centered around London-based music bloggers, but surely there's more to the Dissensus Genesis than that?

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Man, when I think about the last year on here the first thing I think of is that one of the two founders (k-punk) completely slammed the state of the place and jumped ship. I can't remember if there used to be one, but there's definitely no link to here on his blog nowadays.

I disagreed with k-punk's assertions of the necessity to be a sarcastic, name-calling bitch (heh, the irony), but I also think this place is almost scarily nice. The only one who seems happy to be an arsehole is stelfox. I quite like going into other forums with teenagers scrapping idly, insulting each other pointlessly, etc. just cos it feels a bit more alive...

Still, I check in as good as daily and have a read. There's obviously heaps of good shit to read about, mainly info-wise. I guess I've been steering clear of discussion threads, though, so I suppose I'm not contributing to any impassioned discussion, am I? :eek:

polystyle

I like that Michael 'scarily nice' ,
I don't see it as a placid peaceful as in 'nothing going on placid',
just that in gen , things seem to sometimes a more 'still searching and enjoying the search' , process
global view 'Matmos' - ian in that you don't now what all (info) is in there in those brains ...

Some quotes from Tokyo , randomly spied
'less ego, more eco'
'the darkest night is before dawn' - (becomes the first T shirt from Dystopians)
and of course ,
'Renders hard
my because of you' (seen on T in Shimokitazawa)
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Woebot

3_candles.jpg

Threads: 6,426, Posts: 106,627, Members: 3,981