Ms Dynamite LP

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
Blackdown said:
2) loads of the MCs dont understand a professional work ethic - how to work with the industry's mechanisms not against it. which is why the relationships with A&Rs have proven mostly disfunctional. for example, i got an email from a very well known US download service today asking about selling grime downloads. but how would you even go about doing that without spending the rest of your life ringing MCs 24-7?

This would be the premier reason why things are so difficult to sell this music to anyone.

To bring it back on topic, I heard a pretty well substantiated rumour that Dynamite didn't turn up to a studio session booked with Dr Dre

Last edited:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Logan Sama said:
To bring it back on topic, I heard a pretty well substantiated rumour that Dynamite didn't turn up to a studio session booked with Dr Dre

"Oi Dynamite, r u stuuupid?!!!"

DJ Lioness

The UK music scene is one big farce, music execs and big wigs arent even willing to graft to make the UK a success and commercially viable in the UK let alone an artist whos main objective is to get paid for something theyre good at. When you see that the only hope of getting a number 1 is being someone who gets their songs written for them who cant hit a note *que James Blunt* then you'll sell your soul and principles for an advance, because it will get u what u want NOW.
Judging by the releases we've had this year from the Grime scene, although i liked and bought most, the same mentality applies. People sadly arent willing to put in the time to form an organisation unless its going to fund their next clk in a few months.

I long to see the day someone walks into a record company in jeans, a hoodie and hat, flings down their cd and says "this is who i am and this is what i do, take this or leave me as i am". Only then will we see mc orientated music represented and marketted in a serious manner and in its purest form.