DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

tate

Brown Sugar
shudder said:
but anyway, read this month's p-fork blackdown column. suffice it to say, holy shit. (well written too!)

yes, an exciting read, wasn't it? always suprising when a pitchfork article can be dramatic and riveting, yet martin manages it practically every time. warm congrats to dmz and joe nice, too

gumdrops

i like warrior queen very much but that track on dubstep allstars 3 makes me think she know not what she speak of. yeah, fine youre fucked off at the bombings but her lyrics, or at least her summary of the events, seemed slightly immature. ive only heard it a couple times and dont have it here to quote from exactly but i remember thinking it was kinda retarded and not best informed.

mms

sometimes
gumdrops said:
i like warrior queen very much but that track on dubstep allstars 3 makes me think she know not what she speak of. yeah, fine youre fucked off at the bombings but her lyrics, or at least her summary of the events, seemed slightly immature. ive only heard it a couple times and dont have it here to quote from exactly but i remember thinking it was kinda retarded and not best informed.

i really like it and i agree that you just can't round killing people in the name if islam and that bombings are scary.

she's doing a track, the only one i've ever heard that confronts it , not homework for school.

adruu

This Is It
the gloria gaynorizing really kills that tune, and i am on the fence about the lyrics...

also, i want to pick up that youngsta live at FWD mix, is there a lot of overlap with Allstars 1? and how's that Plasticman Live mix also?

mms

sometimes
adruu said:
the gloria gaynorizing really kills that tune, and i am on the fence about the lyrics...

thats the best bit for me - i've seen people sing along - an cheer to that bit at a club it's makes it anthemic .

Blackdown

nexKeysound
adruu said:
also, i want to pick up that youngsta live at FWD mix, is there a lot of overlap with Allstars 1?

no. the Hatcha Cd is kinda the best of the early Tempa years, lots of Horsepower classics like Sholay etc plus some early Skream/Benga. It's lush, colourful and still pretty swung.

from what i remember the youngsta live CD features lots of the early DMZ stuff, when the first halfstep beats like 'horrorshow' were coming through and youngsta was first defining his dark minimal style.

labrat

hot on the heels of love
bought meself that there Dubstep Allstars vol 3 the other day (Kode 9)
Exellent.
Played it to a friend who's tastes run from dub reggae to ..err..well , that's it.....he loved it !
i wonder (aside from Steve Barker) is this music making any inroads to the "traditional" reggae world?

matt b

Indexing all opinion
labrat said:
bought meself that there Dubstep Allstars vol 3 the other day (Kode 9)
Exellent.
Played it to a friend who's tastes run from dub reggae to ..err..well , that's it.....he loved it !
i wonder (aside from Steve Barker) is this music making any inroads to the "traditional" reggae world?

as the 'traditional' reggae world struggles to leave the 1970s, i doubt dubstep will make any inroads.

however, i have caught mark iration listening to dubstep in tribe. don't know what he makes of it, but i'd guess he like the bass.

Last edited:

atomly

atomiq one
I haven't been on Dissensus since I moved to Berlin, so I thought I'd drop in and say hi.

For anybody who's interested, a recent dubstep set:

http://www.atomly.com/music/atomly_-_live_dubstep_in_berlin_20060309.mp3

atomly - slim jim riddim
loefah & skream - 28g
toasty - angel
secret agent gel - high ground (vd remix)
dj distance - taipan
secret agent gel - banker
atomly - sparse riddim
plasticman - cha
vex'd - pop pop vip
atomly - hot dougs riddim
mala - neverland
dmz - officer
loefah - goat stare
dj distance - replicant
atomly - 711 riddim
vex'd - thunder