DUBSTEP- breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

viktorvaughn

gumdrops said:
i like warrior queen very much but that track on dubstep allstars 3 makes me think she know not what she speak of. yeah, fine youre fucked off at the bombings but her lyrics, or at least her summary of the events, seemed slightly immature. ive only heard it a couple times and dont have it here to quote from exactly but i remember thinking it was kinda retarded and not best informed.

I kinda know what you mean there. Its good musically but i dont really think handling a complex subject like that really works with a general 'why the fuck you bombing us?' message. Valid POV of course, just comes a cross slightly simplistic.

Poet for Hire

viktorvaughn said:
I kinda know what you mean there. Its good musically but i dont really think handling a complex subject like that really works with a general 'why the fuck you bombing us?' message. Valid POV of course, just comes a cross slightly simplistic.

Well I suppose she wouldnt be the only black working class woman from Jamaica not to read the Guardian.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
ukbass said:
Well I suppose she wouldnt be the only black working class woman from Jamaica not to read the Guardian.
And everyone knows that black working class women from Jamaica aren't capable of dealing with complex issues on their own...

Poet for Hire

Having just heard the track for the first time, I think she deals with the issue quite adequately in terms of content, and stylistically its amazing. Sure, there is no broader condemnation of the west's causal complicity for the london bombings, but thats not strictly what the tune is about, to be fair.

kennel_district

ukbass said:

yeah of course the reason she has simplistic views is because she's black, female and working class. :rolleyes:

There are badly argued, infelicitously expressed pieces in the Guardian too, you know.

peripheral

ukbass said:
Having just heard the track for the first time, I think she deals with the issue quite adequately in terms of content, and stylistically its amazing. Sure, there is no broader condemnation of the west's causal complicity for the london bombings, but thats not strictly what the tune is about, to be fair.

umm...'dem commit the crime; we pay the penalty'. i took that as acknowledgement of 'causal complicity'.

Poet for Hire

kennel_district said:
yeah of course the reason she has simplistic views is because she's black, female and working class. :rolleyes:

There are badly argued, infelicitously expressed pieces in the Guardian too, you know.

i was surprisingly also being sarcastic!

nomos

Administrator
I'm listening to a dubstep track by Tech Itch on the HENCH crew's DarkFM show right now and it's completely sick. Skanky acid bongo business. This is my face while I listen: :mad:

tate

Brown Sugar
miniscule as far as news goes, but maybe worth noting: Breakbeat Science, the oldest jungle record store in the united states, has now begun to stock dubstep. Makes sense though, since their buyer is DJ Clever/Brett Cleaver, who in addition to being a world class supporter of new music, has played alongside Search & Destroy and Joe Nice. Selector Moldy, who has a track on Brett's new Knowledge mix, is also very active at the dubstep forum and producing dubstep now, I hear. Last time I saw Brett was at the Kode 9 show, come to think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.