Vegetarianism

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
I remember hearing about the discovery of the Higgs Boson on July 4, 2012 I believe. I was in the backseat of my parents' car, in Palm Springs, CA, listening to NPR.

luka

i intend to use my vast wealth to play funny jokes on them like trick them into thinking theyve trapped God in the machine

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Here's an NFT of an artist's rendition of a particle collision (doesn't specify which particles, but since you're dying of curiosity I'd say just assume proton/proton)

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Yeah whenever scientists use an illustration to make a point, they refer to it as a cartoon, and whoever made the cartoon is an artist.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Not a value judgement at all. Similar to how graphic design just requires an aesthetic technical ability, if even in lieu of poetic vision or depth.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Whereas the term 'artist' can be a value judgement, a positive one, for those who have worked on refining their poetic vision/depth.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Similarly, I'm sure there is much that artists would consider science that the deeper / more refined scientists would scoff at.

luka

if im not good at something its not real by definition. edmund has already explained this to you

Reactions: Leo

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
A year ago I had no real idea what calculus was, just found the thought of it vaguely intimidating and bland.

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
And there are a number of things I've been working at for a while, like understanding voltage or understanding atomic bonding, without securing a real footing for a long time. Starting to with voltage though.