Great 2 Step?

IKoss

Wild Horses
k, ima 'try' to stick w/ 1st gen/oldschoolish...

-DeeKline,'IllStreetBlues'. Makes me just think crisp polished 2step beat. Wicked bassline as well. (modern classic of mine)
Also DeeKline, 'WhyDontYou'. Both very much pumping floor filler type of vibes.

-DezzJones/MaryTurner, 'DontLetMeFall' ('02)? Much lighter 'pop' kinda feel.
Not really positive of the catch with this one for me. Its just a really great commercial sounding, vocal 2step choon. This track seems like it could have been marketed to crossover ears, when the timing was better of coarse. Oh, as well this track is prolly my daughters fave ukg track, maybe thats got something to do with it ;)

-YTribe, 'CryRealTears','FavoriteGirl'. They have other noteworthy tracks the names of which are escaping me. CryRealTears an orig/prod which is just one of my personal faves. The latter is the well known re-fix. Please feel free to add to the Y-Tribe list...

-'DubSydicate', 'ThinkinBoutCha', upfront as hail!!
and 'TellMeBabe', I believe was by them as well. Please add to this list as I have surely left some out...

Okay i really must stop for now... And I know we are talking 'more obscure' stuff, but there have been many propa' EdCase 2step cuts.
And my gawd, If I could have a dollar for every sick Sunship track, well, nevermind. Those fools made like 47 ridiculous choons.

Last edited:

DJ PIMP

Anyone know about S20? I dled a couple of mpfrees that I really liked. Tracks called

Got 2 have your love
Ruffneck revival

Dunno about classic but they're solid little filtery numbers.

Oris Jay feat Jelsena - Trippin' remix (the breaksteppy one)
Bizzi - Bizzi's Party (El-B remix)
Deep Six - Bombdroppin

elgato

I just dont know
I would really really love to hear that mix woebot. Sounds absolutely wonderful. Is there any chance of broader distribution than that mentioned on the blog, or is that going to be that?

bassnation

the abyss
Omaar said:
sounds ace, any chance of anyone hosting this?

i'm looking forward very much to hearing it - i would be prepared to host it, but at the end of the day its matts perogative - especially considering the reactions to sharing (even older) music, from some garage artists / labels.

Tim F

Looking forward to hearing this! I was thinking "Ah! Matt likes "Life That We Livin" and the Dubaholics mix of "Beautiful" too!" and then I read the commentary.

Matt I still owe you a CD! It is forthcoming soon I promise!

DJ PIMP

What about tunes along the lines of Forbsey's (Sticky?) tracks on Hotpoint #7?

Don't know the titles but both are minimal - absolutely hype - bassline tunes. Perfect club tracks. Makes me think of that tuff jungle vibe done in a polite, crisp ukg sensibility. Anyone know any similar tracks?

The thing about the production on a lot of ukg - the drums especially... the little clack rim shots in place of big snares, the short kicks etc. The word that springs to mind is "polite", as a counter to jungles "rude", but its that sonic inversion that makes it shocking and rude again.

Though I doubt any MC ever called out "now bring it polite, nicebwoy"... haha