After Shock recordings

Woebot

cooper said:
did anyone mention crazy titch - "i can c u, can u c me"?

no. again another ive got stashed away. yeah thats definitely one of the best. blimey so many great records.

btw hi coops.

gumdrops

who has the newish industry standard trilogy? this is the first 12 in ages (maybe ever) *i think* where terror has kinda beefed up his sound, and given it a bit more darkside 'oomph'. i love the first two tracks on this. usually while terrors beats are really meticulously programmed and produced, i sometimes think that fussiness (which is almost elegant in a strange way) makes his tracks quite peppy but also makes them a bit lacking in that they dont have much 'attack'. i was kinda joking when i came up with the name of 'intelli-grime' but if it did exist, id imagine terror would fall under it quite neatly.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
and in any discussion of Terrah's recent output the riddim Radar (sometimes called Sonar) is one of my favorites. The 12 minute vocal version of it with about a billion different MCs on it that Cameo had a while back was pretty crazy. I think the new 12" (silver label) is DOK or someone remixing Terrah, got some good tunes tho, it's on my buy list.

Also we cannot avoid mentioning Piano Madness, another superbly fucked up tune. Terrah continues to keep my interest with his more underground oriented riddim releases, like the above. Some of the really blatant pop r+b stuff he's been doing is too syrupy for me, although I kinda dig the new one with Wiley on it that I think Logan played. He and Young Dot are definitely keeping me interested on the skittery beats and weird sounds tip, something I love in grime that some people are moving away from.

milkandhoney

yes piano madness is very big

i wanted to get the terror danjah mixtape the other day when i went london but it wasnt there in uptown. am i missing out?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Piano madness is good, but I prefer So Contagious, the Shola Ama thing :).

Never liked Juggling much, but Jelly Bean really is Lenky in E8.

Last edited:

Fiddy

cooper said:
rumors were going round a few months ago that majors were fighting over "so sure" - apparently that's why whites were limited when it did appear. all quiet since then, though.

it was picked up by Relentless I believe, just as Kano was signing to 679.

I think I'll start here...

gumdrops said:
who has the newish industry standard trilogy? this is the first 12 in ages (maybe ever) *i think* where terror has kinda beefed up his sound, and given it a bit more darkside 'oomph'. i love the first two tracks on this. usually while terrors beats are really meticulously programmed and produced, i sometimes think that fussiness (which is almost elegant in a strange way) makes his tracks quite peppy but also makes them a bit lacking in that they dont have much 'attack'. i was kinda joking when i came up with the name of 'intelli-grime' but if it did exist, id imagine terror would fall under it quite neatly.

This EP is more than big...its f****** huge. I was gonna make a fanboy Aftershock thread one day but looks like I've been beaten to it lol.

Now the rant. 'Drops that 'fussiness' as you call it is not only felt by you but also by loadsa DJ's. As much as certain people rate Terror (like myself...mostly producers) DJ's and MC's don't really which pisses me off boy. That's why you don't really hear Terror's tunes dropped in sets which is RIDICULOUS. MC's always say "switch it man" or "next tune" then wanna get excited over some stupid mash up s***. I've seen and still see it. Its stuff like that always makes me wonder if garage/NUKG/grime can actually suceed when the MC's and DJ's make these sort of choices. Phew - that's off my chest. Intelli-grime/garage...crap name but it would definately suit Terror.

Back to the mighty Aftershock. To me they seem the most business like and professional label around. If they asked me to join I think I'd jump ship lol (don't tell my people lol!). They way I keep hearing their tracks as background and sync music (Channel U ringtone adverts, 1Xtra backgrounds), Terror being the only producer to consistently get tracks on major label garage mc's LP's and also get rmx offers and the general quality of the product as it hits racks (proper labels, coloured vinyl. Think to yourself - have you ever seen a white label Aftershock tune except for the current repress of 'So Sure'?)

The music though. I really don't think fellow garage producers pay attention to other genius producers otherwise they would've fixed up and bought up their game! All the 'Industry Standard's' are exactly that and I really think people should recoqnise this. I was jus getting to speed with 'Piano Madness', 'Sonar' or 'Juggling' just to name a few when I heard 'Stiff' and my head nearly fell off lol - I remember someone coming on here and saying "Terror's the 360 of garage/grime". I feel that entirely. D.O.K, I feel, provides the street/kinda dumb/beginner edge (he's still a murkers don't get me wrong - 'Shock Anthem' and its rmx's for example) to the beats so Terror can experiment like 'Stiff' or 'Sonar'/'Radar' but D.O.K brings it back which is why you'll hear more MC's riding his beats as opposed to Terror's I'm sad to say.

As for the MC's....well....its not so hot here for me. Bruza is ok but the gimmick is wearing thin I think....Triple is a no....they should've kept Shizzle....the younger ones are ok though...Royal and the rest...."Take a breather!"

Ok that's me for now....

actually can someone like Fiddy confirm that DJ Shox has left meaning they've lost their slot on Rinse? plus why do all their CD's look like they've gone thru 'Fisher Price My First Print' in such stark contrast to their vinyl? also is it my imagination or did Terror murk a DJ Eastwood beat in a rmx some years back?

Ekome.

Last edited:

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
Immryr said:
Sonar and Radar are 2 different tracks

I'm talking about Sonar then, the one on the blue 12". Which is Radar, was it released? I saw Sonar credited in a few playlists as Radar so assumed there was just some name confusion, didn't realize there was another tune.

Red Rooster

Tactics said:
Terror being the only producer to consistently get tracks on major label garage mc's LP's .

What albums has he produced on?

I haven't heard anything on Kano, Roll Deep, Dizzee, Lethal albums unless he changed his sound for them.

Red Rooster

My bad, just seen he produced "How We Livin" on Kano's LP.

However thats still only one production on a major album.

I think Aftershock is the best label to come from the grime scene in terms of quality and quantity of releases.

ok but count...

Red Rooster said:
My bad, just seen he produced "How We Livin" on Kano's LP.

However thats still only one production on a major album.

I think Aftershock is the best label to come from the grime scene in terms of quality and quantity of releases.

'Poltergeist' RMX aswell from Roll Deep's and 'One Wish' rmx too from Shystie's....I'm sure he's the only one to have work spread out across these garage LP's....

just got off the phone with my boy....

if your interested in the day to day life of Terror and some of Aftershock pick up this months Echoes mag - there should be a double page spread article on him (and them) by nii-o (he's a part of my team)....just thought I'll let you lot know....BBP! making industry moves!

gumdrops

bump.

not sure what his recent beats are like but a lot of the old aftershock stuff is really unlike other grime productions.

Last edited:

Elijah

Butterz
aftershock is finished now as a label.

Terror is still making music though got an instrumental cd ready to go with all the classics on called zip files