Nuclear strike against Iran due end of March

D

droid

Buick6 said:
Japan and Germany?

I should have qualified that statement with 'by choice', but as you mention it:

The US only joined the war against Germany after Russia had broken the German army, and Britain had effectively driven the Nazis out of Africa and were advancing on Italy, they effectively joined the winning side.. Even then US intervention was motivated as much by fear of Russian domination of Europe and its economies as it was by altruistic defence of European 'freedom and democracy'...

Japan on the other hand pre-emptively attacked the US, and, whilst not diminishing the crimes of the Japanese, I think its fair to say that their main successes involved guerilla warfare in tropical jungles, and that facist forces were inevitably decimated when faced with large scale set battles with the US army and navy - midway being a prime example. The fact that the US bombed Japanese cities with impunity, killing millions of civilians, whilst japanese assaults on US soil (except Pearl Harbour) amounted to one single casualty who was killed by a primitive bomb which was attached to a large balloon (and was one of thousands released by Japanese civilians to hopefully float across the Pacific and kill Americans), surely gives some idea of the huge gap between Japanese and American power and technology at the time.

If your looking to establish a pattern to US intervention Its more useful to look at post war episodes, as in most cases, the US picked and choose their opponents, such as:

The Phillipines #53
Greece
Korea
Dominican Republic
Vietnam #82
Laos #61
Cambodia #59
Panama #63
Grenada #74
Libya
Serbia #80
Lebanon #85
Liberia #6
Haiti #5
Afghanistan #30
Sudan #55
Iraq
Cuba
Guyana
Nicuragua
El Salvador #65
Colombia #24

Ive included the global rankings for poverty rates for some of the countries above to give some idea of JUST how poor some of these countries are, but even without further evidence - its hardly a list of military behemoths is it?

Padraig

Banned
Bassnation: come on mr padraig - he was only asking for our opinions!

WHAT are you talking about? "Our opinions" - what are those - parasitic - entities? Opinions on what? Iran is about to be fucking invaded by US state-terrorists, and THIS is all you have to contribute? "Let's express our opinions about whether we should even discuss it ...???"

Omaar said:
Padraig - there's no need to be so glib and patronising.

I think it's reasonable to ask whether now, in terms of strategy, would be the best time for the anti war movement to introduce a debate on invading iran, in terms of the way this would interact with how things are currently being spun in the media. Anyway, the way things are being spun in the last week has turned markedly anway, with the coverage given to Bolton's remarks for instance - so perhaps the timing is almost right.

How you hypothetically extend my line of reasoning is sort of illogical anyhow.

It is you here who is being outrageously glib and patronising - and hopelessly reckless. Don't you know anything about Iran, and what the US is doing there, and the global implications?

"in terms of strategy": WHAT strategy? Surely you mean - disavowed - fantasy?

"best time for the anti war movement": WHAT best time? WHAT anti-war movement?

Listen, the US have been actively planning to invade [already well begun] Iran for over a year, but you'd like to wait until the racist establishment media announce it "officially" before Shouting Off and Acting Out ...

I was going to provide yet another update on the US' latest plans and manoeuvres regarding Iran, a replica to the leadup to the Iraqi invasion of 3 years ago (this time with the added advantage of there being NO ANTI-WAR MASS PROTESTS WHATSOEVER, no Feb 2003), but, hey, I'm wasting my time HERE.

So go back to fucking sleep ...
ripvanwinkless.jpg
... Rage Incorporated ...

D

droid

Have to say thats one of the ugliest and arrogant posts Ive seen on here in the last year or so.

Padraig said:
WHAT are you talking about? "Our opinions" - what are those - parasitic - entities? Opinions on what? Iran is about to be fucking invaded by US state-terrorists, and THIS is all you have to contribute?

No its not. For the reasons outlined in the many posts above, and because the Bush administration hasnt suddenly developed suicidal tendencies. Thats not to say that all attempts to 'normalise' official hostility to Iran should be resisted, but I dont think sanctimonius and sensationalist bullying is the way to change peoples minds...

It is you here who is being outrageously glib and patronising - and hopelessly reckless. Don't you know anything about Iran, and what the US is doing there, and the global implications?

:confused: Oh ironies of ironies. If youre such a genius, why dont you go all out and give us your date for the invasion then? Spring/Summer seems to be a good bet . Scott Ritter said the invasion would come in June last year, this thread is about an invasion happening right now - but summer 07 is free... - you want to take it? Put some money behind that big mouth of yours?

Its all about LIC at this stage, not large scale military action.... thought you might have known that... :confused:

I was going to provide yet another update on the US' latest plans and manoeuvres regarding Iran, a replica to the leadup to the Iraqi invasion of 3 years ago (this time with the added advantage of there being NO ANTI-WAR MASS PROTESTS WHATSOEVER, no Feb 2003), but, hey, I'm wasting my time HERE.

Oh nooo! Please Padraig, please impart your precious knowledge to us ignorami, because nobody here has a clue, and we're just a bunch of fools blindly following the whims of the mass media and the 'racist establishment'... Perhaps this place: http://www.infowars.com/ would be more you kind of thing? No New world Order Schills to disagree with you there...

Tell me - does it hurt your neck, having to converse with us lowly mortals from your lofty heights?

So go back to fucking sleep

Ah, the befuddled, arrogant and impotent cliche of the conspiracy theorist... wondered when youd come out with that classic. Tells us more about your attitude to politics and other people, and, might I add, your failure to engage and convince than it does about this board...

Ive got an idea - why not post up a few more pretty pictures? After all, if no-one knows what youre on about, no-one can say that youre wrong... :D

bassnation

the abyss
Padraig said:
WHAT are you talking about? "Our opinions" - what are those - parasitic - entities? Opinions on what? Iran is about to be fucking invaded by US state-terrorists, and THIS is all you have to contribute? "Let's express our opinions about whether we should even discuss it ...???"

padraig, this is extremely rude and ill-tempered.

i agree with a lot of your posts and for the most part you are preaching to the converted. its belligerance and hostility like this that is the root of most of mankinds problems.

if you are unable to discuss these things in a civil manner then maybe we shouldn't bother. i have better things to do with my time than get involved in flame wars.

Last edited:

Padraig

Banned
This is indeed comic.

Droid said:
Have to say thats one of the ugliest and arrogant posts Ive seen on here in the last year or so.

When is the last time you've looked in the Mirror? You've had quite a few here in the past few months, not that you'd ever recognise them, always demanding to have the last word on everything, however ridiculous.

Droid said:
No its not. For the reasons outlined in the many posts above, and because the Bush administration hasnt suddenly developed suicidal tendencies. Thats not to say that all attempts to 'normalise' official hostility to Iran should be resisted, but I dont think sanctimonius and sensationalist bullying is the way to change peoples minds....

What posts? Your ones? All of the articles I've read, by some of the world's leading geo-political analysts and commentators, take a very different position; but we'll leave it all to Droid with his magical knowledge of everything. The Bush administration hasn't suddenly developed suicidal tendencies, they've had them for quite some time, along with their "sanctimonius and sensationalist bullying" which has indeed changed peoples' minds ...

Droid said:
Oh ironies of ironies. If youre such a genius, why dont you go all out and give us your date for the invasion then? Spring/Summer seems to be a good bet . Scott Ritter said the invasion would come in June last year, this thread is about an invasion happening right now - but summer 07 is free... - you want to take it? Put some money behind that big mouth of yours?

Its all about LIC at this stage, not large scale military action.... thought you might have known that...

I've already done just that on this forum; your selective amnesia is touching.

Droid said:
Oh nooo! Please Padraig, please impart your precious knowledge to us ignorami, because nobody here has a clue, and we're just a bunch of fools blindly following the whims of the mass media and the 'racist establishment'... Perhaps this place: http://www.infowars.com/ would be more you kind of thing? No New world Order Schills to disagree with you there...

Tell me - does it hurt your neck, having to converse with us lowly mortals from your lofty heights?

Its a novel way of polishing one's boots.

[BTW, I don't hold much faith in your research abilities, unable to source Craner's political affiliation. Interesting how he neither confirmed nor denied such affiliation (very Rumsy), while you tried to downplay it ...].

Droid said:
Ah, the befuddled, arrogant and impotent cliche of the conspiracy theorist... wondered when youd come out with that classic. Tells us more about your attitude to politics and other people, and, might I add, your failure to engage and convince than it does about this board...

Ive got an idea - why not post up a few more pretty pictures? After all, if no-one knows what youre on about, no-one can say that youre wrong...

"Conspiracy theorist"??? What are you ranting on about? All the evidence comes from published and official sources. Next you'll be claiming that Chomsky (your ostensible "hero") is a conspiracy nut, like the paranoid Zionists luv to shout out.

PRETTY PICTURE FOR DROID
donkey.jpg

bassnation said:
padraig, this is extremely rude and ill-tempered.

Delighted to be of service.

bassnation said:
i agree with a lot of your posts and for the most part you are preaching to the converted. its belligerance and hostility like this that is the root of most of mankinds problems.

Abject passivity is the root of such, which, as it happens:

bassnation said:
if you are unable to discuss these things in a civil manner then maybe we shouldn't bother. i have better things to do with my time than get involved in flame wars.

Ah yes. Don't bother discussing it, which of course was Omaar's original suggestion. And now you've - conveniently - got a pretext for your pre-existing prejudice

[BTW, It was Omaar who started the flame, which you then proceeded to defend, and are now continuing to do so.]

Posting Amateurs!! :D :cool: ..........
dork.jpg

D

droid

... All of the articles I've read, by some of the world's leading geo-political analysts and commentators, take a very different position...

...All the evidence comes from published and official sources. Next you'll be claiming that Chomsky (your ostensible "hero") is a conspiracy nut, like the paranoid Zionists luv to shout out.

Like Michel Chossudovsky???? And you really expect anyone to take this seriously? :confused:

And Chomskys' my 'hero' now is here? Im sure hell be ecstatic to hear that. Maybe you can mention it to him next time you take tea with him...

along with their "sanctimonius and sensationalist bullying" which has indeed changed peoples' minds ...

I was talking about you here, not the Bush Administration

...BTW, I don't hold much faith in your research abilities, unable to source Craner's political affiliation. Interesting how he neither confirmed nor denied such affiliation (very Rumsy), while you tried to downplay it ...

1. I didnt really give a fuck - but since he was here i though it was worth asking rather than wasting my own time 'exposing' his evil political credentials...

2. A think tank is very different to a lobby group. You obviously dont agree.

3. Hes been paying me on the sly to be his foil here on Dissensus in order to enhance his credibility. The cheques are signed by Rumsfeld himself.. :confused:

Padraig said:
This is indeed comic.

Something we do agree on. I thought youd given up posting here in favour of greener pastures? Or were you just throwing your toys out of the pram again...?

Anyway - last word goes to you Padraig. This has descended into nonsense, and I really cant be arsed continuing a discussion with someone who is so hostile, arrogant, sanctimonius and utterly convinced of his own brilliance.

Are you 16 years old by any chance? :D

ambrose

i htought dissensuse was meant to be the clever version of ILE?

seems to have turned into the noize board. padraig is jon williams and i claim my £10

Padraig

Banned
ambrose said:
i htought dissensuse was meant to be the clever version of ILE?

seems to have turned into the noize board. padraig is jon williams and i claim my £10

Was there something particularly urgent or pressing that you wanted to articulate about the current Iranian crisis or do you prefer to spout out inane, grammatically-challenged diarrhoea, execrable Noize masquerading as "cleverness"? Like the other smug buffoons here, you are a zombie idiot and I've already claimed my #@#@# ...

Drink
image003.jpg
Then Eat
Zombies.jpg

UFO over easy

online mahjong
droid said:
After all, if no-one knows what youre on about, no-one can say that youre wrong... :D

Hahaha... My contribution (probably the only one I'll make on this forum) to the thread is to laugh and then leave :)

Good reading though, thanks for the articles droid and co.

luka

Yes...Blair threatens Iran with...the UN Security Council!

Uh, that's a bit different to nuclear bombs.

Face it, Hotflush is right, the premise of this thread is only slightly less absurd than you responses.

Any contact with diplomatic and geopolitical reality would quickly disabuse you of the notion that the US can actively consider any preemptive strike, let alone nuclear.

Where would they strike? Do you know how many suspected nuclear sites there are in Iran? (Hint: lots.)

It's also absurd that you worry more about a non-existant US nuclear attack than the very real prospect of Iran's imminent nuclearisation.

It also reminds me of Seymour Hersh and Scott Ritter's scoop about the US plans to attack Iran in June.

Last June!!

Oops, that didn't go very well, did it?

Craner and scuba team up

luka

"in terms of strategy": WHAT strategy? Surely you mean - disavowed - fantasy?

"best time for the anti war movement": WHAT best time? WHAT anti-war movement?

Listen, the US have been actively planning to invade [already well begun] Iran for over a year, but you'd like to wait until the racist establishment media announce it "officially" before Shouting Off and Acting Out ...

So go back to fucking sleep ...
ripvanwinkless.jpg
... Rage Incorporated ...

Original padraig

trza

its crazy how john kerry and the group of five countries and iran might win a nobel peace prize now.

craner

Beast of Burden
Still waiting for Bush's nuclear strike against Iran.

Nobody ever reminds Hersh about his follies.

I had more common sense than he did, and I was in my twenties. I guess I wasn't being paid money to write rubbish by The New Yorker.