Kwaito resources?

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
i think i'll probably be staying in capetown most of the time, we'll see.

man, the heat today was intense, 30 degrees c and it's likely to get hotter!

hint

party record with a siren
La Reference was the club I was taken to (164 Long Street). We were only there very briefly though, before having to go and play elsewhere. So I'm afraid I can't really tell you what it will be like at peak time, but they do play Kwaito there at weekends, as far as I know.

Master Cash is the DJ there:
MASTERCASH-MIX.jpg

http://www.zshare.net/download/532220023dbba1c9]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cape-Town-South-Africa/Club-La-Reference/70572723364

Last edited:

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I want a decent MP3 of that Mzu Bullet tune so much. Spent quite some time Googling it when it first got posted on Dissensus, and I've just tried again. Nothing. Anyone got any ideas?
It's completely hype. Thick, syrupy hype.

Last edited:

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
La Reference was the club I was taken to (164 Long Street). We were only there very briefly though, before having to go and play elsewhere. So I'm afraid I can't really tell you what it will be like at peak time, but they do play Kwaito there at weekends, as far as I know.

top tip, had a banging time there this fri

spoke about casablanca with the dj, he said you can't really find it anywhere cos its so old. he made a big point of the fact that he would never play it anymore. said something about people from pretoria using too many drums in their tunes :slanted:

joe90

I want a decent MP3 of that Mzu Bullet tune so much. Spent quite some time Googling it when it first got posted on Dissensus, and I've just tried again. Nothing. Anyone got any ideas?
It's completely hype. Thick, syrupy hype.

I got it on vinyl;)... and trust me it was a mission to get it.

yeah i asked in a few places in SA but no joy... that youtube clip is taken off SABC1, the main tv channel, so it can't be THAT underground... only mp3 i have sounds like it was probably ripped off youtube...

btw. dj sdunkero has done some good stuff. love the cheeky halftime breakdown in this one...

if you're after this kindof kwaitohouse stuff you could have a sniff round here

dj sdunkero is as good as it gets , i rinsed out afrodesia of all his stuff before it went tits up.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
That LV mix Blackdown posted on the funky thread is just too good....

I have a bag here in my hand from the African Music Store in Cape Town, on Long Street as was the club mentioned upthread - http://www.africanmusicstore.co.za/ Dunno if it's any use, but I got bought a few kwaito CDs from there...

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
from Blackdown's blog again, but too big not to repost!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

joe90

Argh! Where from? How?

My Nigerian school mates cousin is a radio dj in Nigeria and he knew someone who knew someone who knew someone who had it and he arranged it for me... about 6months of emails & phone calls to secure it.
No disrespect to the 7 people who pm'd me for a vinyl rip but i put so much effort into getting tunes im not about to give them away at the drop of a hat:p

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
@grizzleb i got the mp3 from here. sounds like a youtube rip to me but at least it's something for the portable mp3 player. it's such a fun tune to walk to, 3.59 is never enough tho.

@jon90 :|

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Why do you want to 'own' it anyway? Play it on youtube or rip it if you 'need' it that much. Leave Jon alone, he can do what he wants, it's his shit, don't criticise.

grizzleb

Why do you want to 'own' it anyway? Play it on youtube or rip it if you 'need' it that much. Leave Jon alone, he can do what he wants, it's his shit, don't criticise.
I'm in the wrong here dude, I apologise for a knee-jerk reaction with excessive swearing. Btw, I never said I 'need' it that much - I didn't even pm the guy