REGGAE/DANCEHALL - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhao

there are no accidents
very cool arabic sample on gang war. the strings are nice and cinematic and combined with marching-band drums the whole effect is pretty nice. i remember being collosally dissapointed by the Middle East Riddim a few years back...

oh that. heh... sorry about that. one of my stupid joke moments... maybe i should delete the post. (but if you haven't seen those click here next time you are stoned... )

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
How does everybody feel about Collie Budz?

I like his new single a bit, I must admit but...

Geezer MUST be jafaking like nobody's business.

Not sure how I feel about that.

zhao

there are no accidents
south... united states? england?

where ever he's from he sounds pretty damn nice on Come Around. like the voice, like the delivery. what else he done worth checking out?

john eden

male pale and stale
south... united states? england?

where ever he's from he sounds pretty damn nice on Come Around. like the voice, like the delivery. what else he done worth checking out?

South Bermuda. :)

Come around is his best so far I think (there is also a refix by Busta Rhymes!) but there are a few other tunes floating about - the b-side is also alright in a more gentle style.

viktorvaughn

He was born in South US, but moved to Bermuda when very young. So he is not putting an an accent.
-----------------
Heard a lovely tune on a mix i got in Carribean about a poor guy called Joe who can't read and doesn't have a radio who decides to emigrate to the USA and just packs all the essentials he has - few clothes, shoes, and his cutlass. When he is at the airport Joe is stopped by the authorities and questioned but he protests that he hasn't come to sell drugs but to get some honest work 'chopping bush' with his machete.

And he gets put in prison cos they think he's trying to kill the president.

gabriel

The Heatwave

as john says, the b-side to come around (mamacita) is good, i prefer it to come around actually, it's an uptempo calypso-type number, a bit reminiscent of turn me on by kevin lyttle but better

his cut on the sidewalk university riddim is wicked as well - called Wild Out and available on the recent greensleeves ragga ragga ragga 2007 CD

Woebot

<b>"We're delighted see that this thread has proved so popular with Dissensus users and that so much has been contributed to it. However, this thread (and the other "Gossip and Lies" threads) are getting so long that they are pretty unmanageable, and they're beginning to suck a bit of the life out of the forum. Virtually all of the posts here would work better and get more attention if they were in proper, smaller threads. So we're going to close this thread and all the other "Gossip and Lies" threads (other than the cricket one, which is so different from all the others that it probably still has a place). We know some of you have really enjoyed this thread so we're giving you a week (seven days from now) to make your farewell posts, then we're going to close it. After that, we'd love it if you could contribute this energy to the broader forum."</b>

Status
Not open for further replies.