REGGAE/DANCEHALL - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
These are JUST the ticket, blubeat! You're a genius. That Elephant Man track 'Nuh Brokeback Mountain' had me laughing out loud! Fab.

I hope that doesn't read as sarcastic, you just got me through 7 hours of compiling and burning my first 5.1 surround sound DVD. It made the perfect soundtrack for doing it, cheers!

Last edited:

blubeat

blubeat
These are JUST the ticket, blubeat! You're a genius.
Thanks but I think the artists and the Djs are the Geniuses - I am just a humble messenger :)

BTW - Does anyone other than me listen to soundclash.org? They do a live show a Wednesday 9pm-11pm and all their shows are archived and podcasted the next day. Mainly rootsy material but sometimes a very eclectic mix - check the archive:

http://www.soundclash.org/html/en/show_archive/

^^ Tracklists and direct downloads but there is also a podcast link somewhere...

gabriel

The Heatwave
Thanks but I think the artists and the Djs are the Geniuses - I am just a humble messenger :)

that's a nice way of seeing the role of a dj, i like it...

BTW - Does anyone other than me listen to soundclash.org?

the soundclash shows are great, my favourite is probably the one where they've got bitty mclean in the studio. the yt one is wicked as well.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
A friend of mine did a little survey, here's the question ( originally sent by text ) and the results :

"After labourious attempts to install it, BlackArk Radio unexpectedly springs to life first thing this morning, announcing the title "Dub the Pum Pum".
The song starts:

'Come here mi daughta I want fi chat with you...'

Somehow I know where this is going...
Or do I?
Can you think of a possible second line?

Here's some of the results

Ya pum pum is huge and I would like to inspect it

Mi wan fi climb yr cherry tree and give it morning dew

Your Uncle Desmond's not for you

Don't be scared now, I'm your father and here's what fathers do

Let's stay chaste under the eyes of God until we say 'I do'

Given the alarming Caribbean rate of STDs I'd like to purchase a condom or two/ Let's negotiate our safer sex strategy over a tin of Special Brew

I've no idea what you're talking about but try mentioning a slice of sweet pudding

I have no idea where this song is going- I own a record called 'The Pum' which goes like this- "it's dark like a dungeon, deep like a well, sweet like a honey and it's nice na hell" Any clues? I've been perplexed for years.

You are luscious and I've made a tweed suit for you.

Mi wan fi help you with your geography homework so you can pass your Key Stage Two.

And so what is the actual next line of the Silvertones song? Was I wrong in my sweeping prejudice? Perhaps someone can enlighten me."

Any idea Dissensus people?

blubeat

blubeat
Did anyone else go to see Jah Shaka @ Dingwalls last night? Oh my...!

He is so back on form - highlight for me was Max Romeo "Fari - captain of my ship" getting pulled up and back to the edge followed by a heavy version of it.

Always always the best sound system, the best dances, as YT says the man is in a class of his own...

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
anyone know anything more about http://www.myspace.com/colliebuddz, that 'come around' tune is heavy.

MASSIVE B PRESENTS BIG TUNEZ MARCH OUT & JAH LOVE RIDDIMS & 45’S

1-COLLIE BUDDS-COME AROUND 2-CHOPPA--DONT SURE 3-CHEZIDEK--INNA DI ROAD 4-R.SPICE--OPEN DA DOOR 5-RAS SHILOH-MOMMA WARNING 6-NORRISMAN-PRECIOUS 7-KHARRI KILL--MARY GRANDSON 8-KONG KONG--FREE SPEECH 9-MATTERHORN--MARCH OUT 10-ELEPHANT-WAVE UR FLAGS 11-BUNJI GARLIN--BRRRT 12-T.O.K feat. MONSTER TWINS-JIGGLE IT 13-MOVADO--U CANT ESCAPE 14-W.WONDER-NO TIME TO TALK 15-VIBEZ KARTEL--U HOTTA 16-CHOPPA--WHERE WE LIVE 17-BURRO--DA STREETZ 18-ELEPHANT VIDEO 19-CHEZIDEK VIDEO 10-CHOPPA VIDEO

-------------------------RELEASE DATE – /FEB.14-2007/-------------------

cat no :MAS-291 Come Around Collie Buddz riddim - Mamacita

blubeat

blubeat
Such knowledge! In that case - does anyone know when i-Naturals "Red Lights" will be available? I have been told it is released as 10'' c/w "Road like a lion" on the flip. Information is proving elusive...

dubble-u-c

Dorkus Maximus
Such knowledge! In that case - does anyone know when i-Naturals "Red Lights" will be available? I have been told it is released as 10'' c/w "Road like a lion" on the flip. Information is proving elusive...

blu:

Ras Iyah / I-Natural
Title: Liberation Time / Red Lights
Label: Unity Sound
Catalogue Number: US-002
Format: 10"

released in 2003

blubeat

blubeat
blu:

Ras Iyah / I-Natural
Title: Liberation Time / Red Lights
Label: Unity Sound
Catalogue Number: US-002
Format: 10"

released in 2003

Interesting. All the record shops quote it as a "soon come" with a different flip but it's Red Lights I want so I will try and track this one down. Huge tune, kills me every time Shaka plays it.

zhao

there are no accidents
anyone else surprised to find the Digital Mystics cut on the new Soul Jazz Dancehall comp?wonder when they will do a dubstep collection

blubeat

blubeat
anyone else surprised to find the Digital Mystics cut on the new Soul Jazz Dancehall comp?wonder when they will do a dubstep collection
Yes I think a few people were. A nod perhaps to the fact that Dubstep is strongly linked to the concept of the The Dance and Dancehall music. Ha now I am thinking back to Saturday (DMZ) again!

MI6 rhythm

can anyone tell me about this new rhythm? heard it on Klimaxx last night, couldn't get the shrinkwrap off a blank tape in time.....
thanks

gabriel

The Heatwave
can anyone tell me about this new rhythm? heard it on Klimaxx last night, couldn't get the shrinkwrap off a blank tape in time.....
thanks

might be this one from october 2006 on the John John label, variously called MI6 and M-16

the 7s released were:
  • beenie man & lady saw - welcome to my world
  • bounty killer - mi bad, mi mad
  • future trouble / raw dawg & mitch - affi get some (p*m p*m) / skuminar
  • mr pepper & christopher - what is to be
  • sizzla & wayne wonder - stop fronting
  • voicemail / baby g & angel doolas - what you want / nuh man problem
  • ward 21 / demarko - no friend from dem / bad man court

Thanks for trying, don't think that was it.... I guess it'll remain one of those radio mysteries.
I did manage to tape another wicked rhythm though, I'll try and upload it somewhere.....

gabriel

The Heatwave
in that case, it'll probably be something that isn't released yet (nothing else called mi6 or m16 in the past few years as far as i'm aware, which is quite far), which means if you look for it in a few months' time you should be able to find it. or it'll be available now in peer to peer filesharing places...

Status
Not open for further replies.