REGGAE/DANCEHALL - breaking news, gossip, slander, lies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIZZLE

gasoline for haters
All the ghetto story remixes need to chill, no one can touch the passionate sufferation of Cham's original, he makes Akon sound like a spice girl.

peripheral

SIZZLE said:
All the ghetto story remixes need to chill, no one can touch the passionate sufferation of Cham's original, he makes Akon sound like a spice girl.
akon makes akon sound like a spice girl. one of them where no-one can top the original - yt works because it's a blatant (and acknowledged) cover.
nb - dutty wine vids are priceless.

gabriel

The Heatwave
Eric said:
Are there other versions floating around that have been actually recorded?

virgin story by captain barkey and wickerman on the nukie riddim is hilarious - uptown story by supa hype on the inspector (aka the bounce) riddim is even funnier

then of course there's the other cuts on the 85 riddim - best is by yellowman (orphan), also good ones by spice, blacker, assassin, pinchers and swedish artist million stylez...

Eric

Mr Moraigero
john eden said:

Ace trailer for forthcoming King Jammys documentary DVD on VP!

pretty sweet. The live sleng teng thing on didgeridoo (?????) at around 4:00 is pretty amazing.

petergunn

plywood violin
don't know if this has been addressed but the Wipeout riddim makes me laugh out loud...

Last edited:

C/Dizzle

Never Enough
some of my activist friends at uni were planning to protest
outsida Buju Banton's brighton gig (for being a homophobe)...

I get what they're saying, but... Buju's heavy. :p

Last edited:

matt b

Indexing all opinion
C/Dizzle said:
some of my activist friends at uni were planning to protest
outsida Buju Banton's brighton gig (for being a homophobe)...

its been cancelled for those reasons afaik

petergunn

plywood violin
Ned said:
Just heard Rossi B and Luca's remix of 'Ghetto Story' - amazing.

hopefully they'll press it up faster than they did their jamrock remix (HINT HINT), so i can play it while it's currently a hit song and not after the fact!

john eden

male pale and stale
Ghetto story is getting a release on a major.

Dave Kelly's new riddim "Stage Show" is outstanding. 3 pieces from Cham, Pinchers and Assassin out now, some more to follow including a female vocal.

gabriel

The Heatwave
john eden said:
Dave Kelly's new riddim "Stage Show" is outstanding. 3 pieces from Cham, Pinchers and Assassin out now, some more to follow including a female vocal.

female vocal = spice & pinchers 'rude boy love'. probably my favourite cut on the riddim

am loving the alicia keys rmx of ghetto story as well, it's big.

Status
Not open for further replies.