things you have noticed.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Apologies for the photos which may have fallen below my usual unimpeachable standards, that was, in part, because I was driving as I tried to take the pics, but more than that, it was because I was simply awestruck by the quiet grandeur of these enormous beasts and, yes, I did have a lump in a throat and a tear in my eye as I thought about what precisely they meant.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Found this weird and slightly sinister black, rubber figure.

Is it a toy, or some kind of fetish thing? What does it attach to and why?

Am I gonna star in some kind of modern version of Whistle And I'll Come To You?

Attachments

• 20220104_024131.jpg
    20220104_024131.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220104_024150.jpg
    20220104_024150.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 2

IdleRich

IdleRich
Just noticed a man walking a pig in Graca. I took some very bad photos but they won't upload so you will have to take my word for it.

luka

ive seen someone walking a goat in Paris so i totally beleive you. it's normal behaviour on the continent.

IdleRich

IdleRich
It reminded me of surrealist author Gérard de Nerval who used to walk a lobster - and then Liza asked how long a lobster can survive outside water and I thought that was a good question so I looked it up, 48 hours apparently. Which is OK I guess but I can hardly imagine the lobster was like a dog begging to be walked... I feel it was kinda sacrificed on the altar of surrealism. A bit cruel.

Benny Bunter

Saw some guy sat outside the bar the other day with a fucking massive parrot, untethered, sat on his shoulder and nobody batted an eyelid.

jenks

thread death
Two lads speeding on 29 inch MTBs fully balaclava’d up steal a blokes phone out his hand - followed by the bloke chasing them. Obviously was a shit phone cos they just tossed it on the ground and rode away.

woops

is not like other people
There’s a bloke in Southend that wanders the high street with two great big fuck off owls on a wagon he pulls behind him.
i said i was just reading about alfred jarry, he used to have owls as "pets" in his decrepit flat, purely in the interests of decadent poet

IdleRich

IdleRich
Saw some guy sat outside the bar the other day with a fucking massive parrot, untethered, sat on his shoulder and nobody batted an eyelid.
There is a flat near me always has a parrot on the balcony and a we walked past Liza happened to say "Ola" as she might to a cat or something and it instantly replied "ola" - I guess not that surprising really but at the time it was so perfect.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I think they are among the most beautiful birds. There is an owl I see sometimes on the rooftops near us at night and it always takes my breath away.

william_kent

One thing I noticed on my only visit to Tokyo were the girls with an owl perched on their shoulder, advertising "owl cafes", mainly because they had owl shit stains all down the back of their onesies