things you have noticed.

nomos

Administrator
shoes hanging from the electrical lines in my neighbourhood. a new pair at a new intersection every so often. i have a hunch that it's the work of a local pimp - like a warning to non-paying johns. but i'm moving to a less exciting neighbourhood on monday so i guess i'll never know.

shoes.jpg

the cambridge badmusic-tescobag-cyclist rode past my window today

also, cambridge phenomenon no. 2: 'disco kenny' (i forget, or never knew, how he gained moniker) enters pub ... strolls up to table after table of people exclaiming 'the world's gone mad, ya gotta laugh, havent ya? the world's gone mad, ya gotta laugh? -repeat for five minutes- walks on to next table, same again... the world's gone mad

nomos

Administrator
re: my last one...

put a few things out at the curb before moving, including a mini ironing board. less than an hour later a roving brawl broke out between a few of the local junkies and in moments my ironing board was being swung about as a weapon. someone got well-whumped with it a couple of times. the brawlers ended up around the corner before the police came. now i'm wondering if my ironing board was seized as 'evidence.'

it wasn't supposed to turn out this way.

:eek:

Randy Watson

filth said:
also, cambridge phenomenon no. 2: 'disco kenny' (i forget, or never knew, how he gained moniker) enters pub ... strolls up to table after table of people exclaiming 'the world's gone mad, ya gotta laugh, havent ya? the world's gone mad, ya gotta laugh? -repeat for five minutes- walks on to next table, same again... the world's gone mad

Some bloke used to walk 'round Sainsburys in Camden BELLOWING at the top of his lungs "The best of luck! The best of luck!" Just another soothing facet of life in Camden.

daren

A neo-hippie playing American pop hits such as the Spin Doctors' Two Princes in the downtown street corner.

hint

party record with a siren
before the election, on placards along the A24, the letters:

M A U D E
(soon-to-be-victorious tory candidate)

after the election, the same letters rearranged:

M A D E U

3underscore

jd_ said:
Last night at a bar I saw a mouse running between this woman's feet and around her purse. I was expecting her to freak out but she never noticed it even though it was there more than it wasn't. She laughed with her friends and had a good time.

Funnily enough, I had that happen to me in a pub a few months ago, but it was a bloody great big rat. I didn't freak, but I certainly moved my feet quickly (it was definitely wild as they were knocking down the old hospital near by, and disturbing all kinds of things). I got very annoyed with the landlady asking me "are you sure it wasn't a mouse?" as if the difference between about two and twelve inches was an alien concept for me to be sure about.

zhao

there are no accidents
at the listening station at Aaron's Records, right next to me was a very tall blonde lady in her 50s or 60s, dressed in a mini-skirt, stockings and heels with hair all done and tons of make up, listening to the head-phones, DANCING AS IF SHE WAS IN A BROADWAY SHOW OR ALONE IN HER BEDROOM. she was doing the walking up and down the aisle thing shaking her hips, all kinds of hand motions... raised more than a few eye-brows in the shop. oh and she wore a gallon of perfume but still the stink shined through.

the crazies... the real stars of Hollywood.

rewch

all over paris above street signs someone has affixed tiles to form colour mosaic images of space invaders, ships from galaxian &c. the pixellation of the originals has been preserved and the mosaic form is therefore fitting... apparently it has been going on for about ten years & has been attributed to an anonymous artist

Last edited:

3underscore

rewch said:
all over paris above street signs someone has affixed tiles to form colour mosaic images of space invaders, ships from galaxian &c. the pixellation of the originals has been preserved and the mosaic form is therefore fitting... apparently it has been going on for about ten years & has been attributed to an anonymous artist

Yeah - he isn't particularly anonymous though! I have a t-shirt by him, and there are maps of his invasion of Manchester (telling you where the mosaics are), and you can actually buy mosaics yourself.

Great idea though.

Yoghurt Sothoth

Lord of the files
3underscore said:
Great idea though.

MORTALS, MINE OWN SENTIENCE HAS HAPPENED UPON A MOST SQUALID REALISATION! HARK YE THIS:

<PRE>MORTALS, WHEN THOU DOST 'POO', THAT ART A PART OF 'YOU'!

INDEED, FOR WHEN THE CRINKLY BROCCOLI AND SOLIDIFIED GRISTLE OF MAMMAL MEAT DOTH CLAMBER
THROUGH THE CHAMBERS OF THE MORTAL COIL, IT DOES ALONG ITS TRAVELS MAKE SCRAPINGS OF THE
'GUT', WHICH DOTH CONTAIN THE 'DNA'.

THIS, MINE MORTALS REPORT, MAKES FOR RATHER SUCCULENT MORSELS ON THE PATH DOWN INTO THE
DEPTHS OF THE FILTH. MINE 94,002,010TH MINION PARTICULARLY ENJOYS THE ANAL FLECHETTES OF THE
PEOPLES OF NEW GUINEA, WHO DO ON OCCASION STILL PARTAKE UPON THEIR OWN KIND! PRIMARILY THEY
ROAST THEIR FELLOWS UPON THE 'SPIT' AND CONSUME THEM WHOLE, INCLUDING HAIRS UPON THE HEAD
AND GENITAL REGIONS!

MINIONS CONSUMING MINIONS, THIS ART THE CYCLE OF LIFE RETURNING END UPON END TO THEE!</PRE>

zhao

there are no accidents
the other day I was sitting in my studio working, turned my head and there was a spider, of the daddy longlegs variety, hanging all the way from the ceiling, not 3 inches from my nose, at eye level. I watched it closely for a time, and put a finger under him. when he touched my finger he quickly turned around and climbed back up to the ceiling, all wobbly like.

sufi

lala
i saw a woodpecker on me mum's front garden a few weeks ago, proper psychedelic, just like on the cider bottle
p-2421.jpg

S

simon silverdollar

i noticed that a large number of pigeons in london have only stumps where their feet should be. who's taking all the pigeons' feet?