version

one of the things i can do is it can create a kind of equal emphasis between words. it depends how you use it. but you can kind of democraticse the sentence or something so that words just flash in their own space, all equally bright

I've eaten like shit today crisps chocolate tiger bread apples satsumas.

entertainment

i was reading kirkegaard in the sun the other day and was struck by how illeterate i am compared to someone like him. the way his sentences work, how much information they carry, how many dimensions he works across in one sentence. you can feel how the lingual sophistication opens up for more advanced thinking. the language developing the intelligence.

version

the terms of communication are coming to be defined by the image.

language adapts to survive as text-images

The last word/s of one version of The Ticket That Exploded are "good-bye" then it cuts to silence in the form of some calligraphy/artwork of Gysin's Burroughs called "terminal writing."

After all the lyrics and melodies in The Ticket, all the "vaudeville voices," "riot noises," "sounds of love-making," "City sounds," "jungle sounds," "crackling static," and "sound of feedback," the composite formed by print and script ends the most musical book of the Cut-Up Trilogy on a soundless note. The book silences the noisy lusts of life, stops the fairground circus that stupidly spins us round and around, and takes its leave with an open-ended vision of an elsewhere. A book of paradoxes - cynical yet elegiac, polemical but poetic, obscene and spiritual - The Ticket ends by visualizing silence, a vital space beyond words, "where the unknown past and the emergent future meet in a vibrating soundless hum."

entertainment

all reading basically carries an implication of quaintness now because you can't help but sense that the format of information is going out of currency.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I picked up a copy of gravity's rainbow in a used bookshop the other day but I can't be arsed to start reading it yet.
Just ensure it's displayed prominently on your bookshelf to show how clever and erudite you are. That's basically what it's for.

version

Vowels​

by Arthur Rimbaud
Black A, white E, red I, green U, blue O - vowels,
Some day I will open your silent pregnancies:
A, black belt, hairy with burst flies,
Bumbling and buzzing over stinking cruelties,

Pits of night; E, candour of sand pavilions,
High glacial spears, white kings, trembling Queen
Anne's lace;
I, bloody spittle, laughter dribbling from a face
In wild denial or in anger, vermilions;

U,…divine movement of viridian seas,
Peace of pastures animal-strewn, peace of calm lines
Drawn on foreheads worn with heavy alchemies;

O, supreme Trumpet, harsh with strange stridencies,
Silences traced in angels and astral designs:
O…Omega…the violet light of His Eyes!
Screenshot from 2023-06-27 23-02-42.png

Benny Bunter

I was reading minutes to go earlier today actually. Some really good bits in there, but the stuff in Nova Express is more refined and all the better for it.