DJs that really earn their money

skim

Miss Kittin deserves a mention – she's got her own style and isn't afraid to mix up different styles. I'm not sure how I feel abour her talking over the records – sometimes it works, sometimes I'd just like her to put down the mic and let the tracks speak for themselves.

swears

preppy-kei
Miss Kittin deserves a mention – she's got her own style and isn't afraid to mix up different styles. I'm not sure how I feel abour her talking over the records – sometimes it works, sometimes I'd just like her to put down the mic and let the tracks speak for themselves.

Yeah, I saw her a couple of years ago at Ladytron's club night in Liverpool. Ace mix of techno/minimal/electro/etc...did a version of Stock Exchange over the instrumental, I love that tune, Super Cannes goes to the disco.

outraygeous

As a DJ, I appreciate watching these guys work

Gaslamp Killer
EZ
Jeff Mills
DJ Hype
Spyro

And if you aint caught DJ Spooky live yet, then you need to. Hands down one of the best DJs Ive heard in recent times.

gumdrops

spooky might be the most accomplished grime DJ out there. DLd all those mixes he put up on grimeforum a few years back and they were all incredibly tight. dont know if he used software for those though.

alex

Do not read this.
i want to hear music that makes people lose their shit whn they go out

The importance of a healthy balance is right, obviously it’s good to go mental to an old school garage set, N-Type done one at FWD a few weeks back and brought it down!, But at the same time, I’ve had better nights watching youngsta in 2007 when you could zone out listening at the front all night.

The term ‘loose their shit’ makes me think of a god awful D&B night with gurners on turbo and mosh pits on sweat. Like Ms Dynamite the other night at the nest in Dalston, it was good when she performed ‘Boo!’ but when she did that new tune with Zinc and the DJ she was with played the drum & bass version, the dancefloor was fucking ridiculous. My drink got spilled all over me and someone caught me in the jaw with their elbow, luckily somebody dragged me onto the stage before it got ridiculous!! I literally can’t think of anything more infuriating being in the middle of a load of mash heads all moshing each-other in some crazed drum & bass/brostep frenzy, god it makes my skin crawl.

spooky might be the most accomplished grime DJ out there. DLd all those mixes he put up on grimeforum a few years back and they were all incredibly tight. dont know if he used software for those though.

Nah I can guarantee he'd never use software. Not spooky.

benjybars

village elder.
The importance of a healthy balance is right, obviously it’s good to go mental to an old school garage set, N-Type done one at FWD a few weeks back and brought it down!, But at the same time, I’ve had better nights watching youngsta in 2007 when you could zone out listening at the front all night.

The term ‘loose their shit’ makes me think of a god awful D&B night with gurners on turbo and mosh pits on sweat. Like Ms Dynamite the other night at the nest in Dalston, it was good when she performed ‘Boo!’ but when she did that new tune with Zinc and the DJ she was with played the drum & bass version, the dancefloor was fucking ridiculous. My drink got spilled all over me and someone caught me in the jaw with their elbow, luckily somebody dragged me onto the stage before it got ridiculous!! I literally can’t think of anything more infuriating being in the middle of a load of mash heads all moshing each-other in some crazed drum & bass/brostep frenzy, god it makes my skin crawl.

:)

outraygeous

When i were a lad and i used to listen to EX on Freek FM talking about DJing in a kitchen having to stand on a board to reach the decks (prob was a running joke) I thought he was the best DJ ever.

At this time i was reading mixmag and DJ mag and i never saw EZ feature in their top DJ lists. As I got older and came across some of those DJs, I soon realised that alot of them were STEAMING SHIT.

EZ can make a Todd Edwards track drop like nothing else.

And lets not talk about the series of unreleased intro tracks. 6 is the worlds fave.

alex

Do not read this.
okay, i am full of contradictions, as last night i was jumping around like a nutter at fwd

benjybars

village elder.
alex please tell me you weren't the wasteman in the dmz t-shirt who kept grabbing oneman by the shoulders and poking his hat?! :eek:

back on topic, Oneman was SICK last night. I've found myself enjoying his sets a bit less since he moved to serato - less long blends and more quick in and out mixes.. but last night with a hyped crowd it worked so well. he really is a stupidly good dj.

and he dropped Midnight
:)

alex

Do not read this.
Nah I saw that guy in the DMZ 4th birthday top, I had to catch the last train from Liverpool st, so I only caught the first 20 minutes of oney..I was the prick in the adidas tracksuit

I was a bit drunk tbh, and the last few times I’ve been out, I’ve hosted and not been able to let go and enjoy myself as much, so I really went for it last night. Plus who the fuck isnt going to wile out to Girl Unit’s new one, and fucking baby pulse...jes—uusss.. although I did soak this girl in brandy, not very proud of that.