so i've finally heard that digital mystiks remix of richie spice...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Used to LOVE this.

I still do probably, he's one of the greatest reggae vocalists ever surely. Sounds like he's preaching in your face about burning traffic wardens one minute, then singing like a sweet bird the next.

Problem is white people have ruined the old reggae template cos now it makes me think of shitty bars in Cyprus and Thailand full of pasty people in surf shorts.

luka

I still love it. Funny how Jah destroyed his voice as soon as he stepped away from that Righteous format.

luka

They're sort of fascinating those people. The absolute conviction they have. Total identification.

sadmanbarty

They're sort of fascinating those people. The absolute conviction they have. Total identification.

westwood, rodigan, alborosie, snow. i love them. if i was a better person i'd be one of them. if i had a backbone. they're eveything i dream to be.

luka

The snow one is weird in a different way cos it is a dancehall song in theory but he doesn't actually put on an accent or anything as crude as that.

sadmanbarty

The snow one is weird in a different way cos it is a dancehall song in theory but he doesn't actually put on an accent or anything as crude as that.

i hadn't clocked that. its just the melody. even the "licky boom boom pow" isn't really trying to be jamaican. it's not "buddy bye" or "galung galung"

sadmanbarty

It's almost a kind of escalation of normal fandom so I agree me too

for all the affectation and facade its actually more honest. westwood speaks how i feel. i've compromised, stuck awkwardly between middle class and faux cockney, so i end up soundling like the bloke from blur.

luka

Yeah it's a unique experiment. He made up a whole new language and everything. If he presented it in a slightly different way it would seem like a terrible skit on Saturday Night Live.

sadmanbarty

also his whole presentation. no gold chains. no dreadlocks. he looks like a young john major.

luka

There's a little bit of Vanilla Ice in there but Vanilla Ice was top model handsome chiselled gorgeous. Snow has that pudgey mousey look of a young politician absolutely