wu-tang's hidden gems

matt2

Given the previous criteria for "hidden," Windpipe off the Belly soundtrack and Dirty the Moocher off the Hoodlum soundtrack both definitely qualify.

mms

sometimes
there is a record ive been listening to alot recently disciples feat sunz of man - writing rhymes with a liquid pen' deep cerebal spaced out thing that was a really early record after the first lp, absolutely fantastic.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Say Word!

there is a record ive been listening to alot recently disciples feat sunz of man - writing rhymes with a liquid pen' deep cerebal spaced out thing that was a really early record after the first lp, absolutely fantastic.

I have that 12" vinyl with the red label/yellow labels from Red Hook Records and Echo International. Mad Sunz Of Man and Shabazz The Disciple & The Supreme Kourt tracks are on them all. "Writing Rhymes With A Liquid Pen" is a classic track!

One.

mms

sometimes
I have that 12" vinyl with the red label/yellow labels from Red Hook Records and Echo International. Mad Sunz Of Man and Shabazz The Disciple & The Supreme Kourt tracks are on them all. "Writing Rhymes With A Liquid Pen" is a classic track!

One.

absolutley, is there anything else in the wu stuff that's quite like that dart, it's lyrically more like divine styler or something?
i have it on gotta pay da rent records.

craner

Beast of Burden
'Beneath the surface' by GZA because it has a lovely sample and a super KP verse.
'Pleasure & Pain' by U-God which has a super Hell Razah verse.
'Co-defendant' bu Shyheim with another super Hell Razah verse.
Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars by Killarmy is a disturbed and ludicrous LP with (however) amazing 4th Disciple music.

On a (sort of) related note I'm trying to find the first Blahzey Blahzey album. I used to have it but I sold it years ago (mistake). They don't seem to exist on Amazon any more. Not even 'Danger' which was really big. Wasn't it? I remember it being so. I can't even remember what the album is called. Is it still available at all? Am I just being dense? I'd be amazed if it isn't. It was a beautifully produced album. (If not quite as beautifully produced as Show & AG's 'Goodfellas' which also seems to have fallen off the radar, an absurd situation. Nothing is as lovely as that album. Luckily I kept that one.)

crackerjack

'Beneath the surface' by GZA because it has a lovely sample and a super KP verse.
Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars by Killarmy is a disturbed and ludicrous LP with (however) amazing 4th Disciple music.

On a (sort of) related note I'm trying to find the first Blahzey Blahzey album. I used to have it but I sold it years ago (mistake). They don't seem to exist on Amazon any more. Not even 'Danger' which was really big. Wasn't it? I remember it being so. I can't even remember what the album is called. Is it still available at all? Am I just being dense? I'd be amazed if it isn't. It was a beautifully produced album. (If not quite as beautifully produced as Show & AG's 'Goodfellas' which also seems to have fallen off the radar, an absurd situation. Nothing is as lovely as that album. Luckily I kept that one.)

You've mis-spelt it - Blahzay.

crackerjack

Terrific, it's actually quite cheap as well.

Yeah, had a mediocre reception at the time. Can't say I got madly into it. Danger was lethal, obv., and I loved that Good Cop, Bad Cop (?) tune, but the rest didn't make much of an impression.

The rapper (was he called Big Boy or something?) made a very ace slack tune about 6 years back which I still have.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Blahzay Blazhay-Blah Blah Blah (1996)

The two members were the rapper, Outloud and the DJ, the world famous P.F. Cuttin. The album was called "Blah Blah Blah" and the singles were "Danger" and "The Pain I Feel". If you're looking for it I can easily hook you up. I'm like Neo in the Matrix when it comes to that type of stuff.

Edit: 15 seconds later I find it!

Blahzay Blahzay-Blah Blah Blah (1996)
http://www.mediafire.com/?bmdmc0yzkyb

One.

Last edited:

petergunn

plywood violin
The two members were the rapper, Outloud and the DJ, the world famous P.F. Cuttin. The album was called "Blah Blah Blah" and the singles were "Danger" and "The Pain I Feel". If you're looking for it I can easily hook you up. I'm like Neo in the Matrix when it comes to that type of stuff.

Edit: 15 seconds later I find it!

Blahzay Blahzay-Blah Blah Blah (1996)
http://www.mediafire.com/?bmdmc0yzkyb

One.

"good cop, bad cop" was my shit...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Everyone owns Wu Tang Forever but nobody seems to talk about 'A Better Tomorrow' which to me is amazing, one of my favourite Wu tang tunes.

craner

Beast of Burden
I absolutely agree, it's stunning. Also 'Hellz Wind Staff', 'For Heaven's Sake', 'Impossible'...that album is packed with incredible things. I think someone at the time described it as hip hop's Electric Ladyland - a description I liked. The way this album gets slammed is ridiculous. Mind you, I think 'Black Shampoo' is genius, so I may be off radar.

I keep returning to Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars too, and it's still the most deranged and damaged thing I've ever heard.

craner

Beast of Burden
rza-as_bobby_digital_in_stereo-front.jpg

is another one of my favorites that gets ignored or slammed. But it's outstanding, and absolutely bizarre. 'Mantis', 'Kiss of a Black Widow', 'Domestic Violence', 'Lab Drunk'...lots of unprecedented and pointless gems. Lisa I'anson turns up at one point. And lots of oddball Wu Tang affiliates all over the shop, people from Killarmy, Black Knights of the North Star...um, some others. Some rapper who called himself Holocaust! Truly, these were vintage times. I can't believe some of these records got released, they're so dense and mental. From art work on 'BD in Stereo' is a phenomenal cultural artefact.