dutch flowers/raw survival

mms

sometimes
Diggedy Derek;63363 I think the Warrior Queen track is pretty strong. I think Dutch Flowers is deeply twee though. .[/QUOTE said:
it would be better if was quantised so it sat on the actual rhythm a bit better., this ws the first thing people noticed when i stuck that on in my office.

elgato

I just dont know
unless they do a repress you'll be struggling to get acid people onto your turntable i think, it doesnt knock around too much, and if it surfaces on ebay i reckon it'll go pretty high

mms, do you not think that the artistic choice to leave a vocal in its unhinged, passionate glory can be acceptable? i dont think you can say that it would've been 'better' otherwise, surely its just a matter of preference?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
There was a big repress of acid people a few months ago - I thought it was still easy to find.

Prepare for disappointment! ;)

Actually I think there are clips on Boomkat still...

mms

sometimes
mms, do you not think that the artistic choice to leave a vocal in its unhinged, passionate glory can be acceptable? i dont think you can say that it would've been 'better' otherwise, surely its just a matter of preference?

in artistic terms this vocal is called out of time.

elgato

I just dont know
lol well ive only heard it in the clubs so far, so cant be sure, but is it not the case that a fair bit of it is in time, but that at a few points it goes out, particularly at climactic moments? maybe im just willing it, i dont know

Liking dutch flowers a lot. It's hard not too. The rusty swing line reminiscent of a post apocalyptic childrens playground and mournful string pads juxtaposed against the incessant effervescence of the bass and keyboard skank makes for compelling listening. Makes me want to bounce around in a flower garden or play in the sprinklers at the park on a hot summers day.

boomnoise

♫
i'm hearing from many people taking your view, ned. im still not sure that this isn't a great album. surely it's the idea of an album which is getting in the way. it works fantastically well as a collection of songs - an ammendum to the skreamisms for the none vinyl buying public, if you will.

regarding tempa not wanting to repeat tracks - this makes total sense from a marketing point of view and you can see why they've done this. i don't really think that skream's hardcore fanbase would be inpressed with an album containing tracks they've heard for months and ultimately this is skream's core demographic.

i don't think that the contents of this album won't do enough to impress readers of the quality press, picking it up on the off chance. in fact, i would go so far to say that the album will work extremely well as a catalyst for people to go off and explore what dubstep has to offer and see it in its natural context of the bass filled club.

Ned

Ruby Tuesday
regarding tempa not wanting to repeat tracks - this makes total sense from a marketing point of view and you can see why they've done this. i don't really think that skream's hardcore fanbase would be inpressed with an album containing tracks they've heard for months and ultimately this is skream's core demographic.

What I don't understand is: the vinyl tracklist is already completely different to the CD tracklist. Presumably many of the people who already own Skreamizm will be getting the vinyl version anyway. So why not make the CD a kind of 'greatest hits', with repeats from Skreamizm, and the 2xLP a serious Skream fan's edition with no repeats? Which is what they're already half-way to doing.

To be honest I'm even boring myself talking about this, which is why I didn't mention it on the blog...

boomnoise

♫
yeah it's not an exciting point really. big up on the review still. by the way is it tempa handling the pr for the record or have they outsourced and if so, who's handling it?

gek-opel

entered apprentice
@Ned- a fair review I think. Skream's a classic producer and DJ, but as is often the case isn't suited (as yet as least) to the album game. A familiar story in dance music, and one which I think many in Dubstep won't escape from- hence, perhaps Digital Myztiks reluctance to engage! Still Burial and Kode9 have produced excellent albums, and I still have high hopes for Distance (interestingly all vaguely peripheral players in the dubstep story, the 9s ubiquity not withstanding).