I found book about old magick and here is some occult pictures

dHarry

Ooooh, sorry it just got too cheesy for your limited style-driven mind.
Sorry, limited by what style? Why are you resorting to personal abuse?

If you want to understand what pure consciousness is:
[...] every esoteric tradition the world over [...] what their tradition says about consciousness and the nature of the Self.
[...] they are all fundamentally the same.
Even if they were, does it make it true? What if they all said the earth was flat? And what does it all have to do with pure consciousness?

Oops! Sorry, once again - just got too cheesy for you.

Who cares about truth, when you can have style!!
And again, what is the the sarcasm about - "style" to disguise your lack of engagement with your own terms? I think your ego is showing from underneath your veil of pure consciousness - and it ain't pretty!

Eric

Mr Moraigero
hmm. maybe you're right---maybe what I am doing is having a mindless gut reaction to the profundities you are being kind enough to open up to us ...

haha - guess what - ignorance causes disagreement!

after all you are right, witness the above!

or: the combination of smugness and recycled pap *philosophy* (?) is just unbearable. speaking personally half the things you're saying are obvious and the rest are nonsense. and anyway: what difference does it make? as you say you're spending your time making music, reading, blah blah just like the rest of us (mas o menos anyway).

big mack time ... (brainwashed after all!) :confused:

dHarry

hey! I apoligised in advance for that! Check the post at the end of the 4th page...

And i'm pretty sure you've all made judgements about me too....

ok, point taken, I was writing my reply when that came in. I didn't make any judgement about you, I simply wanted to engage with the ideas and concepts which you introduced.

zhao

there are no accidents
my question is: where does all this antagonism come from?

surely people are just talking about what they are into, and how they have interepreted bodies of knowledge? what is wrong with that?

what is the constant making fun and opposing this clearly good natured and harmless COTB about?

is it because anyone who speaks up about lofty ideas not commonly accepted by the self righteous majority is automatically "condescending" and "thinks he is better than everyone else"? so what if he spoke of ignorance? it's a very, very real phenomenon isn't it? why get all defensive?

if you think of experience, life, understanding, wisdom, as climbing a mountain -- you climb to a certain height and can see below to where you were before. there will always be people above and below you -- this is not a judgement, or a matter of "superior" or "inferior", it's just fact -- those who have climbed higher can see farther, and more clearly.

and I'm not necesarrily saying that I or anyone have indeed climbed highter... but when someone says something, I don't understand why the reaction is not one of "hey I've heard that before, but in a different way. here's how I see it" or "that sounds interesting, maybe there is more I can learn" -- instead of the ridicule and slandering and Homer Simpson type name calling?

one thing though -- I see just as much prejudice, fear, and closed-minded-ness with liberals, with the "left", with people who listen to specialized music, people who for all purposes are supposed to be open-minded -- as with neo-cons, republicans, and bourgeous fascists. 2 sides of the same ignorant coin.

and no, just because I say that does NOT mean I think I'm better than anyone else.

Last edited:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Only the most fundamentalist (ie stupid) of religious people would suggest that their God is superior to another religions.
OK. I don't know how this relates to my post, but, OK.

I challenge you in your assertion re: 'most theologians' and your notion that it is patronising to suggest to a Qabbalist Jew that the Tetragrammaton is the same as the Taoist Yin-Yang supreme polarity is ridiculous - this is simply not true and suggests to me an igorant basis of understanding these traditions.
Are you saying that the tetragrammaton and the yin-yang polarity are the same, or are you saying they aren't? Because before you were saying pretty much all spiritual ideas of oneness are the same, and you know... they're not. Really.

As for cultural identity - of course religious leaders embrace there tradition and cultural identity in full knowledge that there is one God and that all religions and cultures have been on to the same thing. Why wouldn't they?
Let's be clear... you're saying religious leaders tend to believe that all religions and cultures have been "on to the same thing", i.e. believe that all religions have the same core? Cos historically that's not true. Or are you saying the opposite? I don't understand what you're saying.

What you don't seem to get is that to sweep away the very real differences between different spiritualities in favour of position which is, so far as I can tell, "it's all the same underneath, man", is to disrespect the people and the cultures that created those spiritualities. It really is not a cool thing to do at all.

The fact that your brain is struggling to comprehend and/or accept this by mocking the 'blandness' of 'Oneness', is somewhat amusing ;)
I'm not mocking your experience of oneness. If you're bipolar and unmedicated I can easily believe you have spiritual experiences of one-ness that are authentic for you. However, your suggestion that *all* religions and spiritual systems have *the same* content, structure and experiences is simply not true. It's a sweeping generalisation.

rob_giri

OK. I don't know how this relates to my post, but, OK.

Are you saying that the tetragrammaton and the yin-yang polarity are the same, or are you saying they aren't? Because before you were saying pretty much all spiritual ideas of oneness are the same, and you know... they're not. Really.

Let's be clear... you're saying religious leaders tend to believe that all religions and cultures have been "on to the same thing", i.e. believe that all religions have the same core? Cos historically that's not true. Or are you saying the opposite? I don't understand what you're saying.

What you don't seem to get is that to sweep away the very real differences between different spiritualities in favour of position which is, so far as I can tell, "it's all the same underneath, man", is to disrespect the people and the cultures that created those spiritualities. It really is not a cool thing to do at all.

I'm not mocking your experience of oneness. If you're bipolar and unmedicated I can easily believe you have spiritual experiences of one-ness that are authentic for you. However, your suggestion that *all* religions and spiritual systems have *the same* content, structure and experiences is simply not true. It's a sweeping generalisation.

As know there has been thousands of years of religious war - but these conflicts were started by dogmatic (stupid) people who were interested in power and domination and used their religion as a means of ideological state apparatus. However - I will claim that if you asked the heads of any liberal tradition anywhere in the world, the Dalai Lama for a perfect example, he would tell you exactly what i'm sharing with you now.

I already answered everything here but i'll say one more time - In this day and age, most spiritual people who follow a certain creed understand that there is only one reality and that humanity has produced varying, pertaining to the ethnogeographical area, systems of understanding it. These days, this is common knowledge amongst people with even half a brain.

Yes - the Major-Yin, Major-Yang, Minor-Yin, Minor-Yang is almost exactly the same as the tetragrammaton concept of YHVH - MOTHER-FATHER-DAUGHTER-SON polarity index. Just as the Hindu Chakra Model fits precisely with the Qabbalistic Tree of Life, and with all the Taoist and Sufi models of consciousness - just as Father, Son and Holy Ghost is basically the same as Brahma-Vishnu-Shiva in the Hindu tradition. The 'religious' people might have something against this because of conservatism - but sorry mate, just because its 'not cool' to say it doesn't meen that its not true. This would be akin to not saying anything in order to not offend the Pope, your grandparents or the Queen.

I'm putting the evidence on the table, this has been analysed and cross-analysed thousands of times over by people all round the world. Whether it was the Theosophists, Aleister Crowley or John Coltrane - all the evidence supports what i am saying and there is little one can do to discredit it other that to make ridiculous assertions that 'oh there is slight cultural differences'.

Once again, the religious exoteric periphery is worlds apart from the fundamental teachings.

If i were you (and this goes to all of you) i would ask myself this: what would be the worst thing that could happen if i were right? What would this mean to you personally?

ie. Why are you so afraid?

Last edited:

rob_giri

surely people are just talking about what they are into, and how they have interepreted bodies of knowledge? what is wrong with that?

what is the constant making fun and opposing this clearly good natured and harmless COTB about?

is it because anyone who speaks up about lofty ideas not commonly accepted by the self righteous majority is automatically "condescending" and "thinks he is better than everyone else"? so what if he spoke of ignorance? it's a very, very real phenomenon isn't it? why get all defensive?

if you think of experience, life, understanding, wisdom, as climbing a mountain -- you climb to a certain height and can see below to where you were before. there will always be people above and below you -- this is not a judgement, or a matter of "superior" or "inferior", it's just fact -- those who have climbed higher can see farther, and more clearly.

and I'm not necesarrily saying that I or anyone have indeed climbed highter... but when someone says something, I don't understand why the reaction is not one of "hey I've heard that before, but in a different way. here's how I see it" or "that sounds interesting, maybe there is more I can learn" -- instead of the ridicule and slandering and Homer Simpson type name calling?

one thing though -- I see just as much prejudice, fear, and closed-minded-ness with liberals, with the "left", with people who listen to specialized music, people who for all purposes are supposed to be open-minded -- as with neo-cons, republicans, and bourgeous fascists. 2 sides of the same ignorant coin.

and no, just because I say that does NOT mean I think I'm better than anyone else.

summed up perfectly. I have not suggested anything about myself, i have merely put the arguments forward. Don't think this is the first time this has happened either. I often choose people who seem to me to be very intelligent and open-minded, and then i put this stuff forward, and they kick and scream with antagonism, resistance and ultimately fear. And i assure you, it is always an interesting experiment to watch it play out on people's egos...

zhao

there are no accidents
of course all religions came from the same source.

fertile crescent - pre-summerian fertility cults - first written language, first "religion", first "art", first "politics" -- all finding expression in the figure of the shaman / first centralized power, first hierarchy, first subjugation, first division of labor, first agriculture -- first "civilization" (not going to posit here good or bad, but I'm leaning towards bad).

all myths of ancient cultures talk about the same pre-civilized paradise as well.

furthermore, of course we humans are much more similar than we are different.

it's absurd that anyone would argue otherwise.

rob_giri

Thousands of years ago, there were the elders of each area who had over centuries of combined research, discovered the interconnectedness of all reality. They understood it as energy, waveform patterns, and cycles with as much logic as we do today. They understood the nature of the Self and the Universe as having an energetic source, and they understood the harmonized nature of perception and the related nature of internal and external phenomena. However - in order to help the rural population understand these concepts, they invented symbols to help them grasp them. So the ancient Taoist hermits described the three primordial holographic energies residing in the universe as three kings residing in castles - and the Himalayan rishis described the three primodial forces of Creation in terms of three dudes named Brahma Vishnu and Shiva, and so on and so forth... I'm sure you get the point.

I could go on listing evidence, but perhaps i will leave it at that simple explanation. I will go on quoting evidence from reliable source after reliable source as long as you will pick away at my demeanor. Perhaps by the end you will have completely given away with common sense and the powers of your intellect and instead start calling me names in order to save face. Whatever the case, I know my own truth and have experiential evidence of what i am claiming every day, and it is most interesting and always amusing to watch the schizoid ego squirm with fear at the prospect that there is something more. Good luck in unifying and realising and walking in what every element of your being recognizes as truth. Remember, acceptance is the key ;)

john eden

male pale and stale

It isn't actual antagonism, just mild baiting. Despite what COTB would like to believe, most of us are not reduced to quivering fearful wrecks when faced with the Singular TRUTH he (and he alone on Dissensus) has discovered.

He has, in his choice of language, set himself up for exactly this kind of response.

It isn't that neutral. COTB's langauge is completely overloaded with self-importance. When this is pointed out to him, he accuses his detractors of being overly attached to their egos and afraid of the ideas he is pushing. This is very funny.

No, it depends on how it has done. I have great respect for a lot of people I have met who have a firm grip on "lofty ideas". Some of them have very similar ideas to COTB. In my limited experience I prefer people who have a more humble attitude to this sort of area rather than those who give the distinct impression that they have found THE answer and the rest of us are "ignorant", "schizoid" and burdened by "style-driven minds" which are fearful.

I too spent many years in my late teens and early twenties exploring similar territory. I have reached different conclusions to COTB. In 15 years' time COTB will also have reached different conclusions to the ones he holds now. So will I.

I do not think of life, etc as climbing a mountain. It is too one-dimensional and hierachical.

As a wise old man once said "no one else has got your eyes, can see the things you see, it's up to you to change your life and my life's up to me".

Or perhaps "every man and every woman is a star".

Everyone knows more about something than everyone else on the planet. You can therefore learn something from everyone and should not look down your noses at people because you consider your experience of life (or, the books you have read and drug trips you have had) to have given you superior insights into the human condition.

This idea that the vast majority of humanity is "ignorant", zombies, "stupid", etc is the worst conceit going.

From the top of a mountain it is impossible to see the twinkle in a child's eyes, or the dogshit in the street.

Perhaps there is something to be learnt from the name-calling? Perhaps we are also teachers?

Perhaps just having those two responses you have listed is also a bit limiting?

Human frailty exists in all human belief systems, even COTB's and mine. And yours.

rob_giri

Well, instead of putting me down (for the record i disagree with everything you just said - if someone puts me down for saying something because they don't like the style in which i say it, i will most likely respond until i get an answer) , perhaps you would share the conclusions you made when 'you were my age', how these conclusions have survived and been chisselled by the path you have walked, and where you stand now on the issue. What is your explanation for 'paranormal' activity, for 'psychic' perception, for 'religious' experience, and the fact that all these things seem to point to the same fundamental idea - the one i am sharing with you? I am sharing what i have discovered, and it would be nice if you are to be so judgemental that you also share.

BTW - Crowley's 'Every man and woman is a star' also refers to the Qabbalistic and simultanous Hindu notions of the Sun being the symbol for the heart center/Tipareth/Anahata - Stars being centres of consciousness in the cosmos just like we are as sparks of awareness emanating from pure consciousness, as has commonly been understood by all the traditions named. I cannot understand why someone like you would even quote Crowley when he was one of the first people to assert this idea of the unity of all traditions, be in his own wicked way. Have you read Eight Lectures on Yoga?

If you like, i'd like to hear what you think of what is known as Theta Healing - a modality i practice that works directly with the Source and gives direct assurance of the existence of a supreme intelligence, every time. I'd also like to hear what you think of crystals, Pranic Healing, Reiki and other such 'new age' 'alternative' therapies that I see in action and working time and time again... :)

bassnation

the abyss
What is your explanation for 'paranormal' activity, for 'psychic' perception, for 'religious' experience, and the fact that all these things seem to point to the same fundamental idea - the one i am sharing with you? I am sharing what i have discovered, and it would be nice if you are to be so judgemental that you also share.

i'd put it down to a schizoid personality (funny you mentioned that earlier) as such people are willing to believe any old nonsense. cf. also the magnet idea, ever tried that?

would be nice if you addressed peoples arguments directly (esp. 2stepfan, who i happen to know has actually formally studied these things - unlike you) instead of just ignoring them.