Robert Altman, RIP

maxi

Tempted to buy McCabe and Mrs miller on streaming

Two questions 1) is it good?
2) is it good when you're stoned?
if you wanna watch something stoned you're better off with the long goodbye. it founded the slacker noir genre also known as stoner detective. one of the best genres.

Ian Scuffling

No idea what you guys are talking about, McCabe is a great film for the stoned and unstoned. Bathe in the ambient sound, Leonard Cohen's soundtrack, and Vilmos Zsigmond's painterly tableaux, one of the pinnacles of American celluloid (perhaps you redcoats simply can't allow yourselves the pleasure?). Zsigmond also shot the gorgeous Peter Fonda Western The Hired Hand, heavily influenced by Bruce Baillie's work, another great cinematic poet of the American West.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
if you wanna watch something stoned you're better off with the long goodbye. it founded the slacker noir genre also known as stoner detective. one of the best genres.
I've seen the Long Goodbye. I think it's that and the Player I've seen.

I loved the Long Goodbye, to my surprise. I think I liked the Player a lot too but that was years ago.

maxi

Have you ever seen Shaft? I watched that the other day. that's a good one. not robert altman though

maxi

in the first scene of Shaft he walks across the street without looking and nearly gets run over by a taxi. the taxi driver honks and shaft just yells 'up yours'. decent movie