the Ess Oh Vee!

Chris

fractured oscillations
there is no black and white, only shades of gray

well, that's certainly true in my case... and being self-acceptedly "gray," I've gotten some insider perspective on just how many "straight" guys that you might not expect dabble at some point, or at least have the potential to... I've gotten good at recognizing them when I see them. :p

That said, I really don't care if people accept my lifestyle or not... (although I'm not trying to give the impression I'm some cruising, club-hopping, clone)... I don't seem gay in person (well maybe a little bi... which is the case... but it's usually low key) and usually monogamously date women.

...But I find it acceptable enough for someone to have their own opposing moral beliefs/aesthetic preferences etc, and to express them however they wish. Doesn't bother or threaten me a bit. I have my own ethical standards, and think everyone has to draw some lines sometimes, no matter how morally-relativist they claim to be... so who am I to judge people for choosing to draw those lines in different places than I do? (considering their moral police-ing or hedonism doesn't lead them to actually hurt me or others... and moral disapproval doesn't hurt me)

Sorry, I've tried to refrain from contributing to the "gayness" of this thread as eproductionmuzc keeps requesting, but since we keep coming back to the subject, I figured I'd might as well add my 2 cents... and just point out that (as a *half* gay man:) ) I'm personally not offended that anyone here has the gall to have contrary beliefs...

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
I see no problem with someone holding that hypothetical opinion.

really? you dont think they can or should be challenged on their attitudes? if someone told you that that was their opinion then would you just say "ah, ok, fair enough" and walk away? rather than try to engage them in discussion and help them to get past what you see to be their unjustified and potentially harmful ingrained prejudice?

there is massive potential for attitudes to have an effect on social cohesion and progress without someone trying to pass a law or expressly constrain behaviour

mms

sometimes
everyone is partly homo. it's only a matter of degrees. some are less, some are more. and everyone certainly has the potential of becoming gay. even me, who has never gone that way, but I recognize that it is absolutely possible -- maybe if I was less inhibited, indoctrinated, fearful, and easily swayed by peers/the majority view, maybe if I met the right boy. even Logan. admited or not. even Sizzla.

there is no black and white, only shades of gray.

its a complex mix of alot of things, both societical and probably genetic and neurologic that make up sexuality etc, but i'm not sure about the freudian idea that everyone is potentially gay, or we're or born bisexual or whatever, else everyone would have to be potentially straight too, rendering sexual politics potentially useless.

this is an interesting wikipedia article on biology and sexual orientation with homosexuality, that takes in a number of factors, theories and studies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetics_and_sexual_orientation

also the idea it's 'against evolution' is a bit odd as evolutionary theory is a work in progress not something fixed in stone, its theory!:) :)

still lady sov's phenomena in the states is odd eh?

Last edited:

eproductionmuzc

Wild Horses
Jelly Donut vs. Lady Sovereign!?

Did anyone see this clip? I so wish I was there...freaking hilarious...I wish SOV would have jumped in the crowd and attacked him haha!

:slanted:

nomos

Administrator
i mean human sized jelly doughnuts are kind of dumb, but she sure is childish spitting on him and trying to kick him in the head or whatever he has.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Oh man...

Jay SHOULD have signed: Kano and/or Sway/Klashnekoff
Jay INSTEAD signed: Lady Sovereign

She flopped like Vlade Divac guarding Shaq in the paint in the 2001 playoffs. What lesson have we all learned?

One.

petergunn

plywood violin
She flopped like Vlade Divac guarding Shaq in the paint in the 2001 playoffs. What lesson have we all learned?

dope analogy,...

honestly, i never liked Sov, always thought it was hype... got into an argument with a dude two years ago where he said Sov was more talented than Dizzee, i said that was like saying Nelly was more talented than Method Man... fucking A&R pricks...

anyways, yeah, i am not a fan... god bless her tho, i am sure she will do ok, in the sense that she will be able to tour and do records based on her rep as the cheeky white british lesbian rapper, enough so to make a good living...

N

nomadologist

Poor Sov would probably have to get a few more thousand dollars worth of spray tan, a tit job, blond hair extensions, and half of the UK's GNP in cosmetic dentistry if she wanted to make it big here. That, and she'd have to drop the MCing and start lip-synching to some simulation of what r&b vocals should sound like while dancing "sexily" in a sequined bikini holding a python or something.

(Re: this gay discussion. Chris, the problem for me wasn't that Logan admitted to a distaste for the thought of having anal sex. Couldn't care less if Logan vomits for hours at a time just thinking about it. But I do have a problem with people trying to legitimize their preferences by basing them on what they imagine is the "science" of sexuality, or by trying to say that one set of preferences is less "natural" than another. It may be against Logan's "nature", but anal sex and gayness are not "unnatural" by any scientific definition. If you're going to speak up and voice your preferences, be prepared to answer for any recourse to "science" or "nature" you make in stating them.)

Chris

fractured oscillations
Poor Sov would probably have to get a few more thousand dollars worth of spray tan, a tit job, blond hair extensions, and half of the UK's GNP in cosmetic dentistry if she wanted to make it big here. That, and she'd have to drop the MCing and start lip-synching to some simulation of what r&b vocals should sound like while dancing "sexily" in a sequined bikini holding a python or something.

Yep.

As far as my agree to disagree attitude with the board's anti-gay contingent Nomadologist; I've only devoloped this attitude as a defence-mechanism to keep myself from being constantly angered by the endless homophobic sentiments I hear living amidst southern California's douchebag population... kind of similar to the way I've learned to have to sometimes turn off my awareness of the kitschy, celebrity-obsessed, trash culture I'm force-fed every day wherever I go... keeps me from becoming cynical and bitter.

Last edited:
N

nomadologist

poor homophobes! it's always all about them, isn't it?

most of the less deeply pathological homophobes (read: teenage boys who are so incredibly painfully pubescent, in that stage where no woman would ever be attracted to them or see them as manly and they know it) get over it as soon as they gain some sexual experience with women and realize nothing's on the line when other consenting adults get theirs. it's kinda cute that they care so much, really. gotta feel sorry for them, that they're so stunted socially and have so little of their own sex life that they have time/energy to care about others'. i sure couldn't give a shit what anybody else does as long as there isn't a victim involved.

(Chris--it was so funny when I eventually introduced my parents to a guy i was dating. My dad was like "you didn't seem like a lesbian, but I was starting to wonder if you liked boys at all!" i almost said "well, it's hard to find people who are any good at S&M anymore--most of them are paint-by-numbers props-oriented douches who listen to NIN and wear fetish gear. yawn" but i don't know if he'd have seen the humor in that. heh. Sometimes I wonder if the absolutely hegemonic stranglehold heteronorms had on my whitebread hicktown turned me off to males at an early age even though I'm all about them physically...)

Chris

fractured oscillations
Yeah, there are those cases of lesbianism that border on being a feminist statement against chauvinism, expectations on gender roles, etc... and I've met gay men that actually claimed to have been open to women before as well, but the headgames and whatnot just completely put them off women forever. Men and women are horrible to each other sometimes. I can understand where they're coming from, but given the choice, I would still rather date a slightly crazy chick than an uber-douche.

I just prefer people that defy the more unpleasant culturally-propagated tendencies associated with their sex, but it seems unavoidable to a degree. Some of it is probably just natural, at least in some people, hate to say... :)