what did you listen to today?

boxedjoy

It's like Pharrell, everyone loves him. Who made genius pop song "happy" - oh definitely him, so what about sexist aberration Blurred Lines - oh that was Robin Thicke, may have tricked PW into sorta standing around near the back somewhere but I'm sure he had no creative input.
fwiw I've always hated Pharell and his forced jovial persona and the Neptunes are mostly awful

craner

Beast of Burden
Somebody started a thread once trying to compare Neptunes to Timbaland, it was hysterical.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I mentioned this recently and it remains true apparently.

Whenever anybody expresses an opinion that contradicts mine in even the mildest way I instantly seethe with unquenchable fury and picture myself hurting and humiliating that person. Especially when I like the person.

Such a sensitive snowflake I am.

boxedjoy

I say mostly awful - they did some cool stuff with Kelis. Although I think everything good about those singles is rooted in her charisma and range rather than their one-note melodies and static rhythms

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm sorry about the Neptunes thing, Corpse. Let's not end the day on a sour note, with you wanting to crack my skull open on the concrete steps of Barry Island Yacht Club.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Do you like Blawan third?

He's one of the few contemporary electronic producers I like (sometimes).

Well, that I know of ofc cos I don't even bother to keep up with that world anymore.

i do, albeit cos I know a lot about techno I'm not head over heals in love with him. He's a decent producer making techno i like, but apart from that.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Somebody started a thread once trying to compare Neptunes to Timbaland, it was hysterical.

Not even

Timbo and Neptunes are apples and oranges. Timbo could never make a funked up beat like this. He excelled in jagged stop starts.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Kelis used to be alright in 2004 but now she bit boring. was listening to Trick Me on Friday and was hoping it would bring back memories of cheeky cigs/zoots in school but it almost sounded like 1920s charleston dances, it sounded that antiquated. No longer carried that ultra pinging euphoric radiance i was hoping for.