whats goin on ere then?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That's not a random fact. This is a random fact: the gestation period of an ocelot is around 70 days.

/dislikes misuse of the word 'random'

Also, the front page of today's Metro made me chuckle: The Gord Giveth, and the Gord Taketh Away

craner

Beast of Burden
It seems that I'm going to be £18 better off, alhough that doesn't make sense, because I am the person Gordon's trying to squeeze in this budget. He obviously got his sums wrong.

The most interesting thing about that BBC calculator is that it made me work out my expenditure on booze and fags and it was, uh, rather shocking. I will be £50 worse off next year because of my vices. Which makes it even more astonishing that the whole thing balances out the other way.

Economic voodoo.

vimothy

yurp
rotflao for the second time today!

thank you!

Hey, I feel good - you feel good: we're all winners!

No, wait a minute, there's some sort of Rand Coorporation mind control technique at work here... dead economists are telepathically influencing me from beyond the grave... aaaggggghhh

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Hey, I feel good - you feel good: we're all winners!

No, wait a minute, there's some sort of Rand Coorporation mind control technique at work here... dead economists are telepathically influencing me from beyond the grave... aaaggggghhh

At the risk of sounding glib, Karl Marx continues to influence Cuba from beyond the grave...

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Four of mankind's more noble pursuits, I think we can all agree."
No, baseball is the most boring sport imaginable (except possibly for basketball of course). I can only assume that its utter tedium drove them to perfect the rum and cigars in a desperate attempt to find a way to sit through a whole game without brain-death.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
No, baseball is the most boring sport imaginable (except possibly for basketball of course). I can only assume that its utter tedium drove them to perfect the rum and cigars in a desperate attempt to find a way to sit through a whole game without brain-death.

In America they have loud music, huge monitor screens and fireworks (!) to make it more interesting.

Edit: or rather, to make it interesting.

crackerjack

Noooo, baseball is America's sporting saving grace. I speak here as someone who has happily sat through all of a double header (though this was back when they sang Take Me Out To The Ball Game at the middle of the 6th. rather than America The Beautiful).

It's like a fast food version of cricket, one where you can actually see what's going on from the stands. It doesn't work on TV though, I admit.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My girlfriend went to see the White Sox play (and win, she was cheering them on), said it was pretty exciting. Maybe it's one of those 'got to be there' things. I don't watch sport at all, although I like it when the cricket's on telly in a pub, as long as the sound isn't up too high. It lends atmosphere.