Great 4x4 Garage

Ach!

Turd on the Run
haha i hope i didn't over-egg it with the description!

i don't have them cut up separately but several appear through this mix, which is well worth checking all the way through in any case!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5oz9ok

about 30mins (i think) in Karl goes into the mix solo and it gets pretty crazy

Ooh, I've just seen you reply, but now the link has expired. Do you think you could re-up?

alex

Do not read this.
1st post..

wicked release below, goes with a great CD, originally released with deuce magazine, years ago...

link to cd

Brown & Brown - Good Life (The UK Garage Mixes)

alex

Do not read this.
this is big

Vibezin (United Vibes) Old School Special

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8g158q

R.I.P Productions - ? ?
Greg Stainer / MJ Cole – Weakness
Smokin’ Beats – Look Who’s Loving Me
Leena Conquest – Boundaries
Chris Mac – Set it Off
Baffled Republic – Bad Boys
R.I.P Productions – Players
R.I.P Productions – The Rub
Donna Dee – Clock the Dough (New Horizons Rmx)
Ordinary People – Keep Your Love
Dawn Tallman – New York City Girl (Karl Brown Dub)
Anthill Mob – X2C
Tuff Jam – Sweet Sensations
Tuff Jam – Love R
Tuff Jam – Key Dub
R.I.P Productions – Burning Up
Jeremy Sylvester – Crazy Dub
Rocksteady – Breathless
Hermit & Daniel Ward - Feel the Music
HardDrive - Deep Inside
New Horizons – Put Your Mouth on Me
Paulo & Rodriguez – Barn Times
? ? - ? ?
Darkstar - Saytar

as is this...

United Vibes - FourFour Special

http://archive.subfm.com/UnitedVibesFourFourSpecial05Feb07SubFM.mp3

Ramsey & Fen & MJ Cole - "Underground Explosion"
Greg Stainer & MJ Cole - "Closer"
Todd Edwards - “Steal U’re Heart”
Sunship - “Sun Funk”
Jason H & MJ Cole - "Control"
24Hr Experience – “Jazz From the Heart”
Todd Edwards - "Winter Behaviour"
DJ $ki – “I Need You 98”
DJ Speedy – “The Harder They Come”
Tuff Jam - "Tumblin Down"
Matt Jam Lamont- "Feel My Love"
Dj $ki- “Do it : To – Nite”
Daniel Ward & Hermit – “Step to it”
Ant Hill Mob - "Player”
Groove Chronciles - “Nobody But You”
Smokin Beats - "Look Who's Lovin Me"
Jason Kaye & Steve Gurley - "Set It Out"
Rocksteady – “Watcha Gonna Do”
Todd Edwards - "The Dream"
R.I.P. – “Burning Up”
R.I.P - "Obsessed"
Jeremy Sylvester - "Stay"
KMA - "Cape Fear"
Tuff Jam - "Experience" (New Horizons Rmx)
? ? - ? ? (Duty Free)
Jeremy Sylvester - "Crazy Dub"
High Times - "Feel It"
Ordinary People – “Baby You Make My Heart Sing”
New Horizons - "Find The Path" (Tuff Jam mix)
Tuff Jam - “Out of my Head 97”
R.I.P – “Players”
Groove Chronicles – “Voices”
Louie Vega & Kenny Gonzalez – “No Cure”
Anthill Mob - "X2C"
NCA – Goodbye (Laurence Bagnall mix)
Ordinary People - “Keep your Love”
Big Bird – “Flav”
Anthill Mob - “Enchanted Rhythm”
? ? - ? ? (G.O.D. 4)
Dem 2 - "Beautiful People"
Groove Chronciles - "Hold On"
Smokin Beats - "Jazz House"
Ordinary People - "I Need"

Hi Elgato, hope ure ok, is there ne chance you cud re-up these matey??

thanks in adv.

alex

Do not read this.
Anyone remember 'Deeper'? That track was sick.

I had a now lost Ministry magazine cover cd from late 96 or early 97 which had one of the ruffest garage DJ mixes I'ver ever heard...converted this young junglist to garage which in retrospect was a very important step.

http://www.discogs.com/release/210422

Wish I still had it...would up it like a shot.

I think Oneman uploaded this on a blog he writes for...let me do some searching

edit++ not too sure if this is the 1 mixed by masterstepz??, actually now reading your post again i thought it said mixmag, not ministry..

oh well, post anyway.. courtesy of street writer

http://www.streetwriter.info/2009/03/uk-garage-next-step.html

Last edited:

4linehaiku

Repetitive
I already uploaded the one Logos was on about. Back on the second page or so. Might be expired, it was a while ago.
Will check out that Masterstepz one.

That Masterstepz mix is great, I started buying Mixmag not long before that came out and it was good to see the magazine finally acknowledging garage's existence. As an aside I'll say that while many dance music mags were/are published in the capital, they generally cared very little for what was happening in the pirate/ london nuum.

While the tracklisting includes half the tunes that all Garage comps of 2000 had to have by law (taking over me, neighbourhood etc), the mix still works really well and if anything it was the first time I heard these tracks anyway. his and teebones collab on track 7 has a NYC rapper giving shouts out to everyone in UKG, a bit like Godsgift's Mic Tribute. I've no idea where they got him from but it sounds good. The DJ trubalsom tune is a much underrated vocal track with a sinister under current, Richie Dan's R U Ready is perhaps in the 2-step top 10, the Steve Gurley remix definitely is. At the end the mix starts to go 4 to the floor which was unusual for the time as there was a big drought of it, Zack Toms, Wideboys and Todd Edwards being the main providers of it. Otherwise the mix is 65% 2-step so not an ideal suggestion for this thread.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
your mix looks wicked benny

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Benny Bunter

Thanks! Seems to be going down well...

So, has anyone mentioned Jeremy Sylvester yet?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fbLMFnzuyEo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fbLMFnzuyEo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thats all from me. Find me some more Jeremy!

Benny Bunter

Another mix from me here: http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=9417

And a classic from The Wideboys I found...

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Jeremy Sylvester has always been incredible! His house stuff nowadays is so so good, and I'm loving the retro 95-garage Sly tracks he's done.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

So has he been doing straighter US style house over the last few years then? Got any pointers?

I believe he had something to do with this beast...